VP of Gaming
27912 posts

Re: Let's Talk About PlayStation Plus

Jun 13, 2012

Thoughts...generally pretty good, I'm not sure I'd call it "supercharged| though mochuuu!

I've never been nor probably will be a fan of downloading 15GB size games from the network, it took me 2/3 days to get Ratchet & Clank to download!

The chosen games were decent enough & the selection/style of the games was different enough for people to be able to find something in there they would like.

I still think the service needs to evolve, I also think the lack of any "decent" mention of Plus at E3 was disappointing

Please use plain text.
Message 181 of 215 (190 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jun 14, 2012

The size of the downloads and the amount of time it took is actually a very valid point.  It took a while to get everything download.  The whole time I kept thinking that digital delivery only is not ready for prime time until bandwidth is better across the board.

Please use plain text.
Message 182 of 215 (190 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27912 posts

Jun 14, 2012

jcalvert wrote:

The size of the downloads and the amount of time it took is actually a very valid point.  It took a while to get everything download.  The whole time I kept thinking that digital delivery only is not ready for prime time until bandwidth is better across the board.

Exactly jc.

Please use plain text.
Message 183 of 215 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 7, 2012
I would really love either Deus ex or Darksiders next, I'm pretty jealous of the eu members for that one.
Please use plain text.
Message 184 of 215 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Do you have to register a Credit Card to sign up for PS Plus, or can you do it simply by using you wallet funds aquired through PSN Prepaid Cards?

Please use plain text.
Message 185 of 215 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4990 posts

Jul 8, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Thoughts...generally pretty good, I'm not sure I'd call it "supercharged| though mochuuu!

I've never been nor probably will be a fan of downloading 15GB size games from the network, it took me 2/3 days to get Ratchet & Clank to download!

Really??? i f'd up and deleted my hard drive---took me 2 days to download 400 gigs----that seems really slow

Please use plain text.
Message 186 of 215 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

Jul 8, 2012

-I'd like to buy games that are free to Plus, or pay to keep them. I get kinda annoyed when a game goes on a big discount, but its "free" for Plus and all I can do is download it. Then my subscription expires, its no longer on sale, and I can't play it.

-A bigger discount on retail games. I don't understand why those games cost more digital than at retail, but lower prices would help a lot.

-Transfer it to PS Vita.....I was hoping this was what the big E3 thing was about. I want PSP discounts and other game discounts for my Vita. I feel like the system is left out entirely....

-More of a bridge between NA and Europe. I noticed they got Deus Ex for free! We get an FPS with Batman avatars.....whoopee.

-It just needs more. I've subscribed I think 3 times now, 2 of the times were simply just for a beta, and the last was for the E3 things. Other than that stuff, I've not really cared for it. I'm just being honest. I don't really see some of the discounts worth it, and the ones that are worth it come around once in a while. If you were offering free things or discounts for the Vita that'd change since I actually I want digital games on the Vita.

I think you should look at STEAM for inspiration. Discount packages, indie games, big discounts, and its constantly changing all the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 187 of 215 (154 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 9, 2012

I signed up for Playstation Plus a couple months before e3, and while I love the new look. I really miss the PsOne Classics, the main reason I signed up was for the automatic patches and free psone classics. As I usually don't care that much for the PSN titles, although there are definetly some good ones (like Pacman!!) . I think psone classics should still be apart of Playstation Plus, especially in months like this, when all is new is 3 PSN games. 

Please use plain text.
Message 188 of 215 (146 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1463 posts

Jul 10, 2012
You can use wallet funds acquired through PSN Cards; no credit card required.
- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 189 of 215 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 17, 2012
plus should be supported on the playstation vita. Because it would widen the appeal of plus. ps one games as well
Please use plain text.
Message 190 of 215 (94 Views)
0 Likes