Oct 26 2012
By: hawkeystar Hekseville Citizen 315 posts

Let me get this straight....(cross-buy)

13 replies 210 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

Please tell me if this is true or false, im kind of confused.

1. You cannot buy a physical vita game for crossbuy. You can only get it by download via the psn for vita or by purchasing it on ps3.

If this is true, then argh. Games take up so much space on the overly expensive game cards. With a physical game, I can transfer my gamesaves to another mem card for under 100mb. But if i want to play a digital game on a diff mem card, i must transfer the whole game. Takes up too much unnecassary space.

Message 1 of 14 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Re: Let me get this straight....(cross-buy)

Oct 26, 2012

Getting a code for the game, meaning you have to download it, makes more sense to me.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 2 of 14 (207 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

hawkeystar wrote:

Please tell me if this is true or false, im kind of confused.

1. You cannot buy a physical vita game for crossbuy. You can only get it by download via the psn for vita or by purchasing it on ps3.

If this is true, then argh. Games take up so much space on the overly expensive game cards. With a physical game, I can transfer my gamesaves to another mem card for under 100mb. But if i want to play a digital game on a diff mem card, i must transfer the whole game. Takes up too much unnecassary space.

Yep sadly that is how it works, that is why I don't buy digital games cause I know I will need space for those Cross Buy ones. I agree it really sucks.

I also wish it gave you a coupon or something to just go into a store and grab a physical copy but that is probably asking for too much. I guess I can't truly complain about someting that is free all that much but it would be nice if there was a physical option.

Or honestly Vita and PS3 Version free, I wouldn't mind becasue my PS3 has plenty of space for games. Vita on the other hand just won't have enough even if they get 64GB cards at $200 dollars a pop probably..

Message 3 of 14 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I have a an 8GB card and it is just enough. I buy retail, it saves me so much space, I mean I have rayman origins, ninja gaiden, metal gear solid, sound shapes, puddle, TOMB, paint park, super crate box, and All stars beta and I still have 4800 MB.

I also have over 30 songs on my vita too along side netflix and youtube.

Message 4 of 14 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Oct 26, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

I have a an 8GB card and it is just enough. I buy retail, it saves me so much space, I mean I have rayman origins, ninja gaiden, metal gear solid, sound shapes, puddle, TOMB, paint park, super crate box, and All stars beta and I still have 4800 MB.

I know right!!!! Buying physical games is great for saving money on memory cards! Why must we be in such a digital eraSmiley Sad

Message 5 of 14 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Oct 26, 2012

hawkeystar wrote:

TMAZT3R wrote:

I know right!!!! Buying physical games is great for saving money on memory cards! Why must we be in such a digital eraSmiley Sad

What is also good about it is that you can get money back too when you trade it in. I mean it is better then just deleting.

Message 6 of 14 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Oct 26, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

hawkeystar wrote:

TMAZT3R wrote:

What is also good about it is that you can get money back too when you trade it in. I mean it is better then just deleting.

Ya i recently got $32 for 5 ds games, and none of them were mario games. Lets face it, digital games are good because you dont have to carry around all your games. Physical games are good because they take little to no space on memory cards,  are easy to use on any memory cards, and you can get some pretty sweet deals with trade-ins.

Message 7 of 14 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Oct 26, 2012

hawkeystar wrote:

TMAZT3R wrote:

hawkeystar wrote:

TMAZT3R wrote:

Ya i recently got $32 for 5 ds games, and none of them were mario games. Lets face it, digital games are good because you dont have to carry around all your games. Physical games are good because they take little to no space on memory cards,  are easy to use on any memory cards, and you can get some pretty sweet deals with trade-ins.

Heck add to that, that I could sell it to a friend for more then a game store would pay me, and for less then he'd have to pay.

That, or if I decided to get a second Vita I wouldn't have it linked to a gamertag. So if I wanted to play one of my games and he wanted to play one of mine, he could without the need to be signed into my profile. Since it usually says for download to a limited amount of systems. 

Or are you able to play someones digital copy on your own profile on another Vita?

Here's a question for anyone that knows. The number of times they count against you is only for "Different Systems", not for downloading "Multiple times" to "Multiple memory cards'? Right? In other words I can download more then the allowed amount on my system if I'm upgrading memory cards. Hope that made sense.

For me, I buy physical copies. Memory cards are too expensive. I'll pick up R&C: FFA digitally however, since I have no choice in the matter.

Message 8 of 14 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Come on, not to be an **bleep** but why should non-PS3 owners get a free copy of a PlayStation product. Every free cross buy game from PlayStation IS costing Sony something. If I buy NFS MW for PS3 and get a PS Vita copy for free, to me it worth it. But if people were buy a physical copy for the Vita, users COULD AND PROBABLY WOULD try to sell the free version for a price.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 9 of 14 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Sony probably has it set up for the PS3 version to be activated and it might, just saying (might) let them get a free reddem code for the Vita version. Only the games can be activated on that one persons account so it can be linked and prove to be a valid purchase. Also why would ANY company let you buy a Vita game cheaper and get a game which cost more money for free. It just doesn't work like that.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 10 of 14 (157 Views)
0 Likes