Reply
First Son
Registered: 08/07/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Legitimacy of trophies DESTROYED in latest Vita update - how to fix it!

Aug 7, 2013

I believe this "HIDING" system shouldn't have ever been created!  People asked for the "DELETION" of trophies/games not the ability to "HIDE" trophies.  What's the purpose of "HIDING" trophies, but still being able to keep your PSN level/trophies/statistics?  This update will only be exploited by people trying to cheat untraceably but showing thousands of trophies even though their list is hidden, people who'll hide massive amounts of trophies to get a completion percentage boost, or hackers who will try to participate in 3rd party trophy leaderboards and/or Sony contests.

 

I truly hope Sony just scratches this "HIDE" system, because it is only a nightmare for the Trophy Communities.  However, i hope they implement the "DELETE" system we wanted instead.  This way it'll be more on the lines of "what you see is on this profile, is what is there" approach, sorta how it was before this update.  Though, i personally think you should be able to "DELETE" any game you want too, regardless of the percentage gained.  Some folks desire to have that option to replay a game again and recollect the trophies again, instead of playing on an alternate account for that sole purpose.

 

Maybe it could be you can only delete a few games once every 6 months/ year type of deal.  Possibly they could charge for excessive deletion of games after deleting a certain amount.  This way, trophy sites will still have to time to catch the excessive cheaters.  I do believe some sort of LIMIT should be in place just to keep the integrity in tack a bit, for the sake of statistics.  Oh yeah, and add a password option before trophies could be deleted to avoid family members, friends, dogs ect. from accidentally deleting games you wanted on your list.  But, at the end of the day.  This "HIDING" system does far more harm than good in the Trophy Communities at places such as psnprofiles.com, psntrophyleaders.com, yourgamercards.net, ps3trophies.org, ps3trophies.com, trophiesonpsn.com, ps3imports.org (the people who actually care about trophies, statistics, the integrity and it's system).

 

In my opinion this firmware update and any trophy related one's in the future is useless to casual gamers who couldn't care less about trophies.  It however, affects the competitive trophy hunters who are associated with these 3rd party websites, so why disregard the one's who care?  Which is why i don't understand why Sony won't be more involved/ reach out  to the Trophy Communities of these 3rd party websites and ask for suggestions from the members these trophy updates affect, since it seems Sony themselves have no clue what's going on in the real Trophy World.  

 

*Wishful thinking* In the future i hope i'll be able to delete 2 full games permanently and not just hide them.  My 2 cents!

Message 11 of 26 (332 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Legitimacy of trophies DESTROYED in latest Vita update - how to fix it!

Aug 7, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Yes, I have 0% games. Big deal. Oh no, I only have a 26.89% complete average...oh, the embarrassment! :rolleyes:

 


Well, it does matter for other reasons. For example, say: you ask on the forums if X game is a good game to get. Then somebody comes and tells you a lot of stuff (possitive / negative) but when you go and check their trophy list you see they never played it. So...why was this person giving you advice on a game they never played~?

 

Similarly, say you are arguing with somebody about the PSV and how much time they spend on it. Suppose this person tells you that the PSV sucks and they know what they are talking about because they've spent countless hours with it. Yet when you go check their trophy list you see they have 3 games and they are all below 5% (keep in mind most games will leave you with at least 30% completion just for finishing the game once). Clearly, that person is full of it~.

 

Trophies as a progress indicator allows you to spot people's legitimacy when giving opinions about things~.

Message 12 of 26 (318 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 03/14/2007
Online
15744 posts
 

Re: Legitimacy of trophies DESTROYED in latest Vita update - how to fix it!

Aug 7, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Yes, I have 0% games. Big deal. Oh no, I only have a 26.89% complete average...oh, the embarrassment! :rolleyes:

 


Well, it does matter for other reasons. For example, say: you ask on the forums if X game is a good game to get. Then somebody comes and tells you a lot of stuff (possitive / negative) but when you go and check their trophy list you see they never played it. So...why was this person giving you advice on a game they never played~?

 

Similarly, say you are arguing with somebody about the PSV and how much time they spend on it. Suppose this person tells you that the PSV sucks and they know what they are talking about because they've spent countless hours with it. Yet when you go check their trophy list you see they have 3 games and they are all below 5% (keep in mind most games will leave you with at least 30% completion just for finishing the game once). Clearly, that person is full of it~.

 

Trophies as a progress indicator allows you to spot people's legitimacy when giving opinions about things~.


Realize that some people have a forum login and play games other another ID. It's what happens when they are free. I get that you state that it can be used to check for accuracy. However you make it sound as if my 40% on uncharted 3 means I can't have a negative opinion on the game. Sometimes, people only play as long of a game as they can stand leaving low percentages. I'll agree with your premise of, it takes more than a few minutes to appreciate a game or device.

Contact PlayStation Support
Chat with a PlayStation Specialist 
Mon - Sat, 6:00AM - 10pm , Sunday 8am-8pm Pacific

Consumer Services and Technical Support____ 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM Pacific
Playstation Network Accounts and Billing Support____1-877-971-7669

Playstation Forums Support MVP. I do not work for Sony. Just a helpful gamer.
Message 13 of 26 (308 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/20/2006
Offline
1491 posts
 

Re: Legitimacy of trophies DESTROYED in latest Vita update - how to fix it!

Aug 7, 2013

I dont understand what the big fuss is all about you say you wanted to be able to delete trophies I feel you, however whats the difference from just hiding them none. I have plenty of games I would enjoy getting off my ps3 trophy list because they are 0% but being I can hide them is the same thing. I personally cannot say if the vita hiding trophies is bugged because I have yet to try it but I will and besides all that at least sony gave us something to do with the trophies we dont like (EX. Hide them) we could still be sitting around twiddaling our thumbs saying oh man I wish there was some way I could get rid of these low % trophies, but instead of you acknowledging the fact sony has stepped up to help us out on a feature that really doesnt make a difference and enjoying what they gave us you choose to shoot down the only option we have gotten since trophies where released, way to go. Not only that of course you say there are bugs consider yourself a beta tester and send in responses to sony to tell them how you feel and help fix the problem instead of complaining. I will try out this feature because IMHO its a great feature on sony's behalf to help us gamers out, yes it may have bugs but thats what we are here for to help them fix it. One more thing if we had the feature to delete trophies peoples trophy score would go up and down and not be so easy to track because when you delete a trophy your score would go down.

Message 14 of 26 (302 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Legitimacy of trophies DESTROYED in latest Vita update - how to fix it!

Aug 7, 2013

TwinDad wrote:
Realize that some people have a forum login and play games other another ID. It's what happens when they are free. I get that you state that it can be used to check for accuracy. However you make it sound as if my 40% on uncharted 3 means I can't have a negative opinion on the game. Sometimes, people only play as long of a game as they can stand leaving low percentages. I'll agree with your premise of, it takes more than a few minutes to appreciate a game or device.

I never understood why people would hide their IDs with other accounts, but that's their problem. And no, on the contrary, you prove my point. 40% of progress in a game (not just Uncharted 3) is huge, it means you saw probably most the game has to offer. If you tell me Uncharted 3 is not as good as the other two when you have only 15% progress or below, I can't take your opinion seriously because it means you haven't spent enough time with the game~.

 

Many times in this forum I see people exaggerating and saying X game is really good then I go and check their trophy list and they barely touched it (ie: progress below 10%)~.

Message 15 of 26 (291 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/06/2013
Offline
70 posts
 

Re: Legitimacy of trophies DESTROYED in latest Vita update - how to fix it!

Aug 7, 2013

I couldn't care less about unofficial (yeah, I said it) rankings- I just want to be able to hide the ONE GAME on my list that I have no chance, ever, of getting the Platinum for (EFF YOU, GHOSTBUSTERS!) without the main trophy-ho sites trying to shame me; pointing their fingers, removing me from their precious leaderboards and labeling me on my profile as being A DIRTY ROTTEN CHEATER (despite the fact that I don't even trophy boost, let alone use external hacks). Is that so much to ask (apparently, it is)?

 

I use those sites to track my progress, not to participate in e-peen wagglefests. Elitists can eff off right into the sun.




Yes, I am a Homestuck. DEAL WITH IT.
Message 16 of 26 (289 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 03/14/2007
Online
15744 posts
 

Re: Legitimacy of trophies DESTROYED in latest Vita update - how to fix it!

Aug 7, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

TwinDad wrote:
Realize that some people have a forum login and play games other another ID. It's what happens when they are free. I get that you state that it can be used to check for accuracy. However you make it sound as if my 40% on uncharted 3 means I can't have a negative opinion on the game. Sometimes, people only play as long of a game as they can stand leaving low percentages. I'll agree with your premise of, it takes more than a few minutes to appreciate a game or device.

I never understood why people would hide their IDs with other accounts, but that's their problem. And no, on the contrary, you prove my point. 40% of progress in a game (not just Uncharted 3) is huge, it means you saw probably most the game has to offer. If you tell me Uncharted 3 is not as good as the other two when you have only 15% progress or below, I can't take your opinion seriously because it means you haven't spent enough time with the game~.

 

Many times in this forum I see people exaggerating and saying X game is really good then I go and check their trophy list and they barely touched it (ie: progress below 10%)~.


One person said they won't logon a website with their PSN ID that has their Credit Card on it. Another said they didn't want to get their PSN account banned in the forums.

 

Fair enough we agree on the need to spend time getting to know a title before casting it off, I have seen people do otherwise sadly.

Contact PlayStation Support
Chat with a PlayStation Specialist 
Mon - Sat, 6:00AM - 10pm , Sunday 8am-8pm Pacific

Consumer Services and Technical Support____ 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM Pacific
Playstation Network Accounts and Billing Support____1-877-971-7669

Playstation Forums Support MVP. I do not work for Sony. Just a helpful gamer.
Message 17 of 26 (271 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Offline
4114 posts
 

Re: Legitimacy of trophies DESTROYED in latest Vita update - how to fix it!

Aug 7, 2013

I like my trophies, but I don't compete with them for anything but my own self, enjoying them, showing what I did if anyone cares to see.

 

I don't want to have someone see this or that on my trophy list when it's only there because someone in my house wrongly started a game on the PS3 while my user account was active. Something I didn't play, wouldn't play. It's at 0% generally when caught. 

 

This new feature Sony introduced is Step 1.

 

Kudo's to them.

 

I also have a few other things, a few Vita games that I didn't want to play after I started each up, totally not my kind of game. Trouble is, it's in my trophy list just because I opened it on my PS Vita.

 

Other times I have a game from PS+ that I played and got stuck at, quit playing. One trophy. I'd hide that too, who cares if my trophies don't add up. They're only off just a tad and I'm in no way wanting to hide larger completions of PS Vita or PS3 games.

 

Yeah, someone can hide every non-100% game they have if they want to. Every system will have people pushing the limits.

 

I just want the availibily of deleting or hiding 0% games and some small percentage trophy games 2% or 1% as well. Sony gave us the hiding option. It's just one step in the right direction. 

 

I shouldn't have to have a black spot on my user name just because I use the hide feature.

 

If ...

 

If I could delete the 0% games I would.

 

If I could delete the 1% and 2% games, I would, and if doing so deleted those dumb bronze trophies, fine. If Sony ever gets to this point, I'm sure that you would lose the trophies, as it should be. 

Message 18 of 26 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: Legitimacy of trophies DESTROYED in latest Vita update - how to fix it!

Aug 7, 2013

TwinDad wrote:


Realize that some people have a forum login and play games other another ID. It's what happens when they are free. I get that you state that it can be used to check for accuracy. However you make it sound as if my 40% on uncharted 3 means I can't have a negative opinion on the game. Sometimes, people only play as long of a game as they can stand leaving low percentages. I'll agree with your premise of, it takes more than a few minutes to appreciate a game or device.


I don't understand the mentality of judging a person's opinion on a game based off a Trophy percentage. I think that's rather tacky. There are games that can be played for several hours without getting a single Trophy in it. 

 

If a person says a game sucks and they haven't played it, then yes I'll dismiss the opinion. But there have been more than a few games that I've played an hour in and know full well it's not my type of game. I'm not the type to belittle that game in conversation other than to say "I played Prototype for an hour and didn't like it at all." That doesn't mean my opinion is worthless. Just means I didn't like the game. 

 

/shrug/ Sometimes people use Trophies and Trophy counts for some weird reasons. At least to me the reasons are weird.

Message 19 of 26 (260 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2003
Offline
3345 posts
 

Re: Legitimacy of trophies DESTROYED in latest Vita update - how to fix it!

Aug 7, 2013

I'm personally very happy that this feature was introduced. I would have preferred the ability to delete the 0% titles that I never played, and I don't see why people care that others can hide their trophies if they choose to do so. It's not like it negatively impacts their ability to play their own copy of the game.

 

They also introduced the ability to limit the audience of who can see your non-hidden trophies in the privacy settings to be everyone, friends of friends, friends, or no one. It's a personal preference thing... Maybe I don't want anyone but my closest friends seeing how much I enjoyed the latest Hannah Montana game? Now I have that option.

Message 20 of 26 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes