So for those who are unfamiliar with the latest PS Vita update, one new features escentially allows you to "hide" games from your trophy list that you don't want others to see. You may be saying, "isn't that what people have been wanting, to delete trophies?" Yes! However, the way this was implemented was REALLY, REALLY sloppy and now has much of the trophy community confused and very much annoyed.
The issue is, people have never actually requested to hide games off their trophy list, they have requested to DELETE games off their trophy list (only games under a certain percentage, I say 15% - which are undesired games). The problem with currently hiding trophies is that it does not lower your trophy level/percentage after hiding games. You can hide any game that you want. This results in skewed numbers, completion rates and percentages. It confuses the entire system, cheaters will be even harder to accurately detect, especially if trophy websites don't mark people who hide their trophies. Sony themselves has chosen not to mark people who choose to hide trophies. This is a big deal for people who care about the trophy system and how it works, officially from Sonyy, they are making it less professional and competitive of a system because of this.
The way this "hide" feature was implemented was completely sloppy on Sony's part and proves many, many issues in the future if not addressed. Here's how I propose to fix it.
- - -
1) Take out the "hide trophies" feature altoghter, it's a mess.
2) Add a system where you can actually delete games off your trophy list, however these are the rules:
- You can ONLY delete games off your trophy list that are 15% or under (undesired games). Anything higher than that CANNOT be deleted (to avoid accidental deletion by you/ your little brother/ outside hacker/ etc). Some people say you should only delete games at 0%, that's fine too, whatever people see as more fair, I'm personally okay with 15%.
- When a game is deleted from your profile, your overall trophy level/percentage drops accordingly with that change: if you delete a game where you only had four bronze trophies, then you lose 60 "trophy points" (each trophy has a point value, a bronze trophy is worth 15 "trophy points" - 15x4 is 60 - if confused, please look up trophy points), and your overall trophy percentage should drop a percent or two for example, depending on your trophy level.
- This should be obvious but I'll say it anyway: When you permenantly delete a game off your trophy list, it should be wiped off your trophy list forever, nobody, including you should be able to re-retrieve it whatsoever because you chose to permenantly delete that game that was under 15% trophies - in short, after deleting a game off your trophy list, it should not work like the "hide" system now. The only way to earn trophies in that game again is to obviously insert the disc and play the game again, and from there you start at 0% trophies again for that game.
The current "hide trophies" system is useless and needs to be changed to a system to where you can instead delete games (which will simply lower your trophy level/percentage accordingly) - if people don't want the ability to delete games under 15% or delete games 0% then do away with the trophy hiding system altogether.
If Sony actually plans to keep this trophy hiding system, then please do all trophy hunters a favor who find this a competitive and legitimate system and at least mark the people who hide trophies and say how many games they've hidden. Though I HIGHLY recommend taking the current hide trophy system out because all it does is break statistics and numbers now... Please fix this...
- - -
P.S. - If you don't care/know much about the trophy system and want to post as to why I'm complaining, then please do not post in this thread. It happens that there are hundreds of thousands of people who are trophy hunters that do care about it and would like to discuss it.
You should be able to delete games at 0%, delete everything or just plain out disable the whole system.
I myself got a playstation to take a break from 360 achievments. If sony wants to one up ms theyll let gamers choose what they want.
I dont loath the system, but alot of crap games are getting away with murder because people will play them just for trophies/achievments.
Thank the gaming hivemind for games like gta iv/skyrim where you to game for HOURS just to get anything.
Explain how hiding trophies for cheaters alters the system. Your at 50% whether you show the barbie torophies or not.
I can see the other arguement, where you tried the demo, or the 1 hour trial and it installed prophies for the game, and it should not have been installed in the first place and appeared on your list.
edit: I'm not a torphy person, but I'm trying to follow your reasons.
PS> Like the pdocast for the same reasons.
Chat with a PlayStation Specialist
Mon - Sat, 6:00AM - 10pm , Sunday 8am-8pm Pacific
Consumer Services and Technical Support____ 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM Pacific
Playstation Network Accounts and Billing Support____1-877-971-7669
Playstation Forums Support MVP. I do not work for Sony. Just a helpful gamer.
Y place rules on which lists you can delete? Wether a person wants to delete one or all of their trophys' is up to them. And if a list is deleted it would obviously drop your percentage accordingly. I believe voice commands should be implemented in the next update but with the way voice recognition is at present it's far too janky to even ponder placing in an update. Cheaters and hackers can be found out by tracing the code that is in the system, If an unknown application or process is found it is almost safe to say that this person is a hacker/cheater. Yet even tho what I said is true there have been times when people have been banned from code problems arising from problems within their systems. I figure that the trophy hiding system was implemented to eventually lead to a deletion system in the future, but what good would that be if others could not delete their trophys'(PS3 users). I see where your going with this, and you have good points yet marking gamers who have hidden a trophy set is what would make the system pointless. I mean you don't hide candy from children so they can know you hid it from them, but you do so so they will think that there is no candy. Also consider how judgmental people are and how others feelings can be hurt by gamers who make fun of their lack of trophys'. I may not have completed many games to the extent that I would have wished but some games I know that I wont play I just want out of my face and off my list. I may not play games for the trophy hunt but some I do and if I have less than a certain percentage on a game I would like to remove it but hiding it is just the same. Later bro.
Who the eff cares?
IMO, trophies/achievements should not be alterable by anyone (other than Sony, in the case of cheaters/hackers getting caught).
Yes, I have 0% games. Big deal. Oh no, I only have a 26.89% complete average...oh, the embarrassment! :rolleyes:
The Top Five First-Party Vita Exclusives That Have to Happen
The Top Five Third-Party Vita Exclusives That Have to Happen
BTW, it's this only on the Vita? Might be coming to the PS3 at some point then.
Sony should disable the creation of trophies for demos and trials. The whole point of trying out a game is to see if you want to continue to play it, you shouldn't have to carry a 0% trophy forever as a perceived penalty for tyring new things.