Jun 08 2013
By: jlogan2042 First Son 2 posts

Left Playstation about a year and a half ago. Started gaming exclusively on Xbox..

11 replies 168 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

After the XBone's near-instant suicide I hope Sony can offer me a next-gen CONSOLE and not a watered down PC. I have started testing the waters of ACTUALPC gaming. I have a good enough PC to play most games at mid level settings. It has been enjoyable so far. If next gen systems want all the inconvenience of PC with NONE of the benefits, I am done. If PS4 can offer me a living room gaming experience similar to the current generation (in terms of flexibility and requirements) I am sold. Day one....gimme gimme.

HOWEVER, if this RFID chip is embedded on each disc I will turn my nose up at you the same way so many have done to MS. I will then build an HTPC/Gaming rig in a smallish case and keep it in my living room.

That will be my last resort. Sony, you are the only thing keeping me from turning away from console gaming. Please, don't let me down.

I really hope to game on a Sony machine again in the future. Fingers crossed.

Message 1 of 12 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Re: Left Playstation about a year and a half ago. Started gaming exclusively on Xbox..

Jun 8, 2013
Same here for me. If sony does the same thing as Microsoft, with the " Every 24 hour online DRM check-up crap, i will just custom build a gaming PC.

photo BBSIGANIMATED_zpsbd119225.gif
Message 2 of 12 (131 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28814 posts

Re: Left Playstation about a year and a half ago. Started gaming exclusively on Xbox..

Jun 8, 2013

Who exactly are you talking to?

Message 3 of 12 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jun 8, 2013

RGA_BodyBag wrote:
Same here for me. If sony does the same thing as Microsoft, with the " Every 24 hour online DRM check-up crap, i will just custom build a gaming PC.

Because PC gaming isn't loaded with DRM.

Message 4 of 12 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3317 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

RGA_BodyBag wrote:

Isn't the PC's DRM not as bad?

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 5 of 12 (108 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28814 posts

Jun 8, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

Matsudaira wrote:

RGA_BodyBag wrote:

Limited installs. Always connected even for single player. Steam redemption codes making it impossible to sell used games, Starforce drivers. Not to mention games that don't work on Windows 7 or 8...  If that's what you can call "not as bad", then I'd hate to see what is acceptable.

Message 6 of 12 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 8, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

Matsudaira wrote:

RGA_BodyBag wrote:

Limited installs. Always connected even for single player. Steam redemption codes making it impossible to sell used games, Starforce drivers. Not to mention games that don't work on Windows 7 or 8...  If that's what you can call "not as bad", then I'd hate to see what is acceptable.

One just how many $1300 gaming rigs do you have? Two that is mostly EA Valve games are an exception(pls list more if you can) Three Skidrow. Four Skidrow. Five SSDD(COD reference)  so ya where is the difference.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 7 of 12 (96 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 8, 2013

In the same boat as OP.

I was Playstation only before breaking down and buying an Xbox becauase all of my friends had one and I really liked the interface of it at the time. I figured since all my friends had one I'd be able to play with them online and all that. 

Then I built a PC and haven't touched my Xbox since. I'd sell it for a PS3 but unfortunately it's not mine to sell. :s

Hopefully I'll be able to buy a PS3 after E3. Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 12 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3317 posts

Jun 8, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

Matsudaira wrote:

RGA_BodyBag wrote:

That's nowhere near acceptable.

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 9 of 12 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jun 8, 2013
so many ppl jumping ship ..... will probably end up going right back to MS in the end.
Message 10 of 12 (73 Views)
0 Likes