Feb 13 2013
By: JimboBlood First Son 1 posts

Left Analog lagging/delay problem

[ Edited ]
2 replies 66 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

Hi guys,

I've got a massive problem with my left analog stick on a dualshock 3 sixaxis. It will start lagging and then after about 5 minutes (give or take) it completely stops working. If I leave it for a day or 2 - doesn't matter if it's plugged in or not - it will start working again but I'm getting really sick of the issue. It's also the 3rd controller - they have all started doing it within a month or two - that this has happened with so please don't suggest buying a new one and yes I have tried resetting both the controller and the system. It doesn't matter what the game is and I've been paranoid as hell in taking care of the controller so it hasn't been caused by a drop. I'm also the only one to use it so no one else could have done any damage to it.

As it currently stands, if I'm in the normal PS3 menu and hold it down it takes about 1-2 seconds to move from one icon to the next, but if I do it with directional pad its as quick as ever and I'm expecting it stop altogether again soon.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: Left Analog lagging/delay problem

Feb 13, 2013
Since the problem isn't inmediate, I think it is the use/care you give to the controller.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (47 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15006 posts

Re: Left Analog lagging/delay problem

Feb 13, 2013

Maybe you should start to wash your hands before handling the controller....

many people have had issues with sticky buttons and unresponsive analog stick before.... they clean it and they're back to gaming.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (44 Views)
0 Likes