Jan 31 2012
By: jakthebomb Lombax Warrior 179 posts
Accepted Solution

Launch Bonuses Question

9 replies 44 views Edited Jan 31, 2012

I know that there are two launch bundles. I have a question about 2 of the included bonuses.

Sony says “AT&T Data Session and A Downloadable Game with Activation.”  Does this mean that I would have to pay AT&T first in order to get both of these? Sony isn’t being clear about this.

3G Launch Bundle

• 8GB PS Vita Memory Card
  • 250GB of AT&T DataConnect Pass
  • PlayStation Network game

First Edition Bundle

• 250GB of AT&T DataConnect Pass
  • PlayStation Network game
Jakthebomb,

Message 1 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Re: Launch Bonuses Question

Jan 31, 2012

yes I do believe (I can't remember where I heard this but no source) you have to activiate the 3g to get the psn game.

Message 2 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 31, 2012

eaglefan129 wrote:

yes I do believe (I can't remember where I heard this but no source) you have to activiate the 3g to get the psn game.

here is the source for you.

""

*Promotional Offer expires May 31, 2012.  Redemption code must be used within 90 days of issuance and is not  transferable, nor redeemable. Limit one per customer.  Offer for purchasers of Sony PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi only. Your promotional 250 MB session automatically starts upon expiration of your 1st session plan, if you have activated the redemption code.  Offer redeemed is for 250MB DataConnect Pass session only, regardless if you are on the 250MB or 3GB DataConnect Pass plan.) AT&T not responsible for taxes or lost redemption codes. Plans automatically renew, so after your  promotional session expires, automatic renewal of your 1st DataConnect Pass plan selected will take effect and you are responsible for charges, unless you cancel auto-renewal before the plan renews.  DataConnect Pass Plan: Time begins expiring immediately upon purchase/activation whether you are using the service or not. Once your time expires or your allotted data is used, whichever occurs first, your data access will cease.   Coverage not available in all areas.   For information on prepaid data plans, visit att.com/buyasession and for full terms, see Session Based Wireless Data Service Agreement at att.com/wirelesslegal.

**Mobile Broadband access requires DataConnect Pass plan for other specified devices.  Time begins expiring immediately upon purchase/activation, whether you are using the service or not. Once your time expires or the allotted data is used, whichever comes first, your data access will cease. 30 day domestic plans automatically renew, unless you cancel auto-renewal. Fees are non-refundable.  For full terms see Data Connect Pass Wireless Data Services Agreement on www.att.com/wirelesslegal.  Mobile broadband coverage not available in all areas.

Free game when you activate an AT&T DataConnect Pass*:

Game at the speed of your mobile life style when you want and in more places. Your new PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi, connected by the AT&T Mobile Broadband Network, will change the way you play with continuous access in more places to your gaming community. Experience news feeds, multiplayer gaming, location based gifting, and PS Vita to PS3 system game play.

1. Select and sign up for an AT&T DataConnect Pass plan.

2. Login to your PlayStation Network account on your PS Vita.

3. 30 days after your DataConnect Pass activation, you will receive a game voucher code redeemable on the PlayStation Store.

*For details and limitations go to us.playstation.com/psvita" """"

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-3G-Wi-Fi-Launch-Bundle/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

have fun

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 3 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Feb 1, 2012

So both Sony and AT&T are that cheap to not just give you a Free 250MB pass and a Game for buying the PSVita on launch?  Seriously AT&T can go F* themselves for this dumb promotion.  This part kills me "3. 30 days after your DataConnect Pass activation, you will receive a game voucher code redeemable on the PlayStation Store."  So I have to wait 30 days after paying AT&T in order to get a game.  There is nothing Free about this promo. 

I refuse to take part of this promo, Even though I bought the First Edition Bundle, due to AT&T wrongfully Charging me a ETF.  I had 5 Dropped calls a day, lasted for 8 months (The Contract doesn't excuse AT&T from non working service), I moved to Verizon (No Dropped calls since February 2011).  If this promo was for Verizon I would have jumped on it.  But because it is AT&T I will NEVER give them a Dime.

Jakthebomb,

Message 4 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Feb 1, 2012

You got to remember there a business

Message 5 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Feb 1, 2012

everyone is complaining about att but they have to remember that the 3g is only going to be used for small downloads and such, i dont think service will be a big issue

Message 6 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Feb 1, 2012

Starting the excuses already?  We know they are a business.  However the incentive is horribly executed.  Why must a person wait 30 days in order to receive a Voucher for a free download?  The moment the Months Service is ORDERED (Not Activated, that was a poor choice of words) a person should have received a E-Mail containing the Voucher Code.

The way the Promo should have been,

Two Codes inside the box, One for a months service and the other for a free game. 

Sony can't say that the package has $55 of bonus Value when you have to pay more (On Top of the Initial Purchase Price) in order to obtain it.  In reality the $55 is more like $35 or less due to taxes on the 300MB Service you must buy first.

AT&T

Rethink Horrible

Jakthebomb,

Message 7 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Feb 1, 2012

aStRoRdInArY wrote:

everyone is complaining about att but they have to remember that the 3g is only going to be used for small downloads and such, i dont think service will be a big issue

The point is some people don't want to do business with AT&T anymore.  There network could be perfect, but since they left a very bad taste in our mouths we would prefer anyone but AT&T.

AT&T has left me in the dark during 3 Major Storms, Verizon and Sprint both were working flawlessly.  Since AT&T screwed me over $400, I will never give them a dime.  That is part of why I am not happy with Sony's Promo layout.

Jakthebomb,

Message 8 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Feb 4, 2012

I'd have to say no to that, because of this...

"3. 30 days after your DataConnect Pass activation.."

It says 30 days after you activate it!  You basically have one month free when you first activate the account or 250 free.

Message 9 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Feb 4, 2012

jakthebomb wrote:

So both Sony and AT&T are that cheap to not just give you a Free 250MB pass and a Game for buying the PSVita on launch?  Seriously AT&T can go F* themselves for this dumb promotion.  This part kills me "3. 30 days after your DataConnect Pass activation, you will receive a game voucher code redeemable on the PlayStation Store."  So I have to wait 30 days after paying AT&T in order to get a game.  There is nothing Free about this promo. 

I refuse to take part of this promo, Even though I bought the First Edition Bundle, due to AT&T wrongfully Charging me a ETF.  I had 5 Dropped calls a day, lasted for 8 months (The Contract doesn't excuse AT&T from non working service), I moved to Verizon (No Dropped calls since February 2011).  If this promo was for Verizon I would have jumped on it.  But because it is AT&T I will NEVER give them a Dime.

Jakthebomb,

Yes, and some people can say the same thing about Verizon, like me.  Who was  a loyal customer for 2 years, until I bought a phone with an extended warrenty..  after 2 months the phone was not working.. and they refused to fix it, hence they won't get paid.    I paid all that money for extended service, and they refused to do anything about it!.  So, I'm with AT&T and haven't had one issue yet with them and it's been over a year!

Message 10 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes