Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Re: Lack of games for the ps4

Feb 23, 2014

DonMeca2020 wrote:

To all of you with the snod comments..... i've been an owner of gaming consoles since the original Nintendo was released. im also sure i'm the only one on this forum that has ever had the company of a  Real woman as well... Smiley LOL

back on topic , I'm just very disappointed to say the least.  while the graphics and so fourth are a whole lot better on the ps4. this launch with the titles available as of now are very bland. the only title i've boughten so far is the COD Ghosts. let's not trail off now on a battle of which war game is better... this launch i have to say has to be the worst i have ever seen Sony come out with for any of their consoles.. It reminds me of the  Dreamcast launch years ago with its crap titles in the begining.....

Since buying the 4 . Batman Arkam origins has been released that was one i was wanting to get, and now the new castlevania....it;s just frustrating knowning that these titles will not be available to us ps4 owners, Yes i still have my ps3 i threw it in my closet when i got the 4 in November. i feel i shouldnt have to whip out the 3 in order to play CERTAIN titles.

i guess call this a rant or just online venting.... just my 2 cents really

also the forum they're using here sucks.... where the hell is the Quote button? 

You feel you shouldn't have to whip out the ps3 in order to play "certain" titles? By certain of course you mean ps3 titles.

So...its just crazy to even consider hooking up a ps3 to play PS3 GAMES right? Smiley Indifferent

Message 21 of 140 (345 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Feb 23, 2014

Also, those games that came out for the PS3 and not the PS4... that has nothing to do with Sony. Go complain to the developers for not doing that. It's really not easy at all to port games, most times when it happens it's given to another team and often a completely different studios, and they tend to come out pretty **bleep**. Regardless, March will have some good non FPS games coming in so hopfully you can find something their you like

Message 22 of 140 (343 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Feb 23, 2014

Well these new titles should technically be available for the new platform as well.... why just the old???  i would happily purchase any of the ones i listed for the  ps4

why would i want to go back and fourth with connect having to play 2 consoles. technically it should all be good with the ps4

Let's not get started with not being able to transfer over DLed games from the playstation from your 3 onto your 4.  what why haven't they made a patch or something yet  to allow to watch media files on the new platform ??? has there been any news about it  yet ?

Once again im not a someone to just go onto a forum and start badmouthing it, but quite frankly its pissing me off, that i spent the $4XX.XX dollars for it and its lacking quite abit. and quit with the " It just launched" it just was released in November of 2013 its had 3 going on 4 months already to start working out bugs and making fixes.

Message 23 of 140 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1456 posts

Feb 24, 2014

THEN GO SELL IT! Then when you have it no more and the games come out, you will be sorry. Give it time. You could have spent $500 and got a Day One sticker, AND a Blu-ray shredder!

Message 24 of 140 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Its not the PS4, its the time of year. There are never any games after the holiday rush until about March. Its like this EVERY YEAR regardless of if there is a new system or not. once march is here games will come out on a fairly regular basis for the rest of the year. 

Message 25 of 140 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
I'm wondering if the OP has ever seen a launch before.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 140 (326 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
22 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Res-R-Rex wrote:

THEN GO SELL IT! Then when you have it no more and the games come out, you will be sorry. Give it time. You could have spent $500 and got a Day One sticker, AND a Blu-ray shredder!

The thought did cross my mind as of yesterday and today.....  as for paying $500 for one of the microsofts crap box, that wasnt happening considering i cant stand their controllers. 

Message 27 of 140 (326 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28542 posts

Mar 21, 2014

DonMeca2020 wrote:

Well these new titles should technically be available for the new platform as well.... why just the old???  i would happily purchase any of the ones i listed for the  ps4

(Because games are in the pipeline for YEARS, despite the misconception that they just appear out of thin air. Things like Assassin's Creed IV are developed side by side with the current generation systems. )

why would i want to go back and fourth with connect having to play 2 consoles. technically it should all be good with the ps4

(Because you know in advance that some games aren't going to be available for the PS4, and there is nothing in the Great Tenets of Gamer Logic that states "Oneth consoles dost precludeth the other!". And unless you want to pay $800 for a PS4, then it won't be "all good with the PS4", because that's how much it would inflate the price to include the PS3 chipset)

Let's not get started with not being able to transfer over DLed games from the playstation from your 3 onto your 4.  what why haven't they made a patch or something yet  to allow to watch media files on the new platform ??? has there been any news about it  yet ?

(Because it's not possible to emulate the PS3 on the PS4 hardware, and there is "no news about it" because it's not happening. The closest we're getting is Playstation Now, which is a streaming service)

Once again im not a someone to just go onto a forum and start badmouthing it, but quite frankly its pissing me off, that i spent the $4XX.XX dollars for it and its lacking quite abit. and quit with the " It just launched" it just was released in November of 2013 its had 3 going on 4 months already to start working out bugs and making fixes.

(You do realize that this is a LONG TERM INVESTMENT? You're not just buying a console for March 2014, you're buying it for 2015, 2016, and 2017 and beyond. I know you want to "play games now", however  you're not going to have the machine just 'for now". In the age of ADD and short attention spans that might be a difficult concept to grasp, but just be patient and good things will come to those who wait).

Message 28 of 140 (246 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Mar 21, 2014

Wow short attention spans... from what I have seen from the Amazon fail rate the consol wont last till 2015 and the lack of games even from the full on hard core gamer doesnt have enough games to keep him interested..... And to delete my post from here because sony released a console @ least 6 months too early is a testiment in how you want to silence the people who want to tell you where you can stick your ps4...

I been trying to sell my PS4 but clearly noone wants it... Next step EBAY!

I never played a consol with such lack of games, support or lack of backward compatibility... WHY NOT RELEASE AN APP THAT CAN LET YOU PLAY PS3 games on it.... @ least it wont make buying one a complete waste of time effort of Cash

Message 29 of 140 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 21, 2014

Also the lack of posts here tells me 1 of 2 things is happening,

1. Noone wants to use the PS4 as its boaring

or 2. your heavily editing posts so people that want to buy one dont find the negative posts so they are not put off buying one...

Message 30 of 140 (240 Views)
0 Likes