Sep 04 2013
By: Syrlis Lombax Warrior 222 posts

Lack of CD support on PS4

36 replies 530 views Edited Sep 4, 2013
This is a deal breaker for me. I do not own a pc and I do not buy music digitally. My PS3 is how I am able to listen to my music outside of my car.

This means I will have no reason to want to upgrade to PS4. Why spend 100s of $ on new hardware that can't even do what my years old hardware does just fine?

This is the same reason I have a 3 year old Smartphone with no plans of getting a new one. New phones no longer have Flash support, so websites like www.southparkstudios.com will not work on your browser. Since all my interneting is done through my smartphone, why would I spend 100s of $ on new hardware that can't do what my years old hardware does just fine?

Since this (no CD support) will most like be common place for consoles going forward. I won't be buying any new hardware until it is impossibke to buy my music on CD. Almost 20 years gaming with playstation and this is what kills it...sad, but true.

Eventually PS3 will run out of new games and eventually I will become dis-interested in playing my current collection. Inevitabely I will just stop playing all together...getting older sucks, the things you love die Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 37 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Re: Lack of CD support on PS4

Sep 4, 2013

Syrlis wrote:
This is a deal breaker for me. I do not own a pc and I do not buy music digitally. My PS3 is how I am able to listen to my music outside of my car.

This means I will have no reason to want to upgrade to PS4. Why spend 100s of $ on new hardware that can't even do what my years old hardware does just fine?

This is the same reason I have a 3 year old Smartphone with no plans of getting a new one. New phones no longer have Flash support, so websites like www.southparkstudios.com will not work on your browser. Since all my interneting is done through my smartphone, why would I spend 100s of $ on new hardware that can't do what my years old hardware does just fine?

Since this (no CD support) will most like be common place for consoles going forward. I won't be buying any new hardware until it is impossibke to buy my music on CD. Almost 20 years gaming with playstation and this is what kills it...sad, but true.

Eventually PS3 will run out of new games and eventually I will become dis-interested in playing my current collection. Inevitabely I will just stop playing all together...getting older sucks, the things you love die Smiley Sad

I do not remember reading anywhere that the PS4 would not support music CD's, and you have no evidence to support your claim, nor do you say where you heard this so. . . I'm calling BS until you post a link.

As they say, link it or it didn't happen.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 2 of 37 (526 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Because it can do 1000s of things that your years old hardware can't?

I feel like you were just looking for a reason not to buy one.

That's like not buying a car because it doesn't happen to support casset tapes.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 37 (522 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

If this is true you never really wanted a PS4 to begin with and were searching for something to pin it on.

http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-3-psn-news/sony-ceo-confirms-playstation-4-ps4-wont-support-cd-an...

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 4 of 37 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Sep 4, 2013

I just tweeted Mr. Shuhei Yoshida asking him, simply, does PS4 support music CD's. I will post what he says.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 5 of 37 (508 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10864 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Import CD to PS3. Copy resulting files to USB Flash Drive. Copy contents of flash drive to PS4. Problem solved.
Message 6 of 37 (498 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Syrlis wrote:

I can clearly remember using my PS3 to "rip" a few music CDs and place them as AAC files on the hard disk. You can do this and then transfer the music files on a flash drive so you can stick them somewhere else.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/29/ps3-how-to-importing-a-music-cd-and-creating-an-audio-play...

Syrlis wrote:

While Adobe has stopped making Flash for Android, you can still manually load it to newer phones and tablets. XDA Developers has a nice tutorial for things like this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1774336

Message 7 of 37 (496 Views)
Last Guardian
9247 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Syrlis wrote:

zoom.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 8 of 37 (490 Views)
Sackboy
464 posts

Sep 4, 2013

What is with people wanting to buy next gen consoles only for things that are not GAMES! The PS4 (as well as ALL models before it) were meant to be a GAMING MACHINE. The CD, DVD, blu ray, apps etc., stuff is just fringe. You buy the consoles to play the next crop of games that you can't play on your current machine (which if you are smart you will keep in order to play your current crop of games). PS4 is bought for the games people, come on. Excuses to try to make Sony the bad guy. It started with the lame and childish "I won't buy it if it's not backward compatible with my physical game copies", and now has grown into an even worse and lamer excuse "It won't play my music cd's so I won't buy it". Oh well, complainers gonna complain.

photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 9 of 37 (479 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Sep 4, 2013
Its a gaming console. Not a jukebox. If you want a jukebox get the all in on entertainment system.
Message 10 of 37 (478 Views)
0 Likes