Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Labels Best Practices in PS General

Mar 12, 2014
I use Games and Platforms to find INFO threads, which is why I hate dolts who spam the label because it's the first on the list.
Message 31 of 51 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Mar 12, 2014
Mobile site doubly post, but I could see where the other labels come in handy. If I was away from my computer or phone for a chunk of the day, I could hop on here, filter for News & Announcements and get a pretty good idea of what current events I may have missed. Stuff like that.

Problem is, I'll admit that I don't do that. Ever. Maybe I'll try and fit then in from here on out. We'll see.
Message 32 of 51 (613 Views)
MVP Support
12507 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2014

johngie wrote:
I use Games and Platforms to find INFO threads, which is why I hate dolts who spam the label because it's the first on the list.

I thought about using the "Games and Platforms" filter for those INFO threads. The other day I wanted to find the [INFO] Dark Souls 2 thread and for some reason I clicked on the "Games and Platforms" button. I was bombarded with a list of INFO threads (naturally). I proceeded to make my way to the search bar and then type in Dark Souls II. I found what I was looking for immediately. Had I pursued the "Games and Platforms" approach then I probably would have stumbled across the [INFO] Dark Souls 2 thread on the third page. I think if I’m looking for an information thread then the search bar is the best approach for me. I usually don't care what type of conversation someone is trying to have here in the PlayStation Forums. It is the content that concerns me. That is just my $0.02 though. I would like to believe that there are more people here who are finding these labels useful.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 33 of 51 (611 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 30, 2014
Can I have $25.00

Message 34 of 51 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13232 posts

Mar 30, 2014
No one is going to get this right...ever. Even when we're right, we're wrong according to the mods.
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 35 of 51 (561 Views)
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Apr 25, 2014

i guess i posted my "Game " related questions in the wrong lable too been on the forum a long time and thought game stuff would be under games and platforms hmmm guess not. go figure

Message 36 of 51 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

May 8, 2014

These labels are the absolute most irritating thing on these forums. They shouldnt be required. Many forum topics have CORRECT labels, yet, sony moderators seem to personally have say in which tag doesn't belong. I had a question, and for whatever reason, a moderator removed my tag and replaced it with "Feedback and ideas". 

I keep seeing this happen where moderators are clearly not doing a good job with labels either. Its a shame the forum couldn't have been left as is. Too late now I guess, similar to the absolutely awful PSN store on the PS3. 

At least I can provide feedback on it though. 

Message 37 of 51 (482 Views)
First Son
28 posts

May 9, 2014

THANKS FOR THE HELP. 

Message 38 of 51 (476 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

May 29, 2014

So "Winter_Orchard" edited my title on LCD/Plasma TV burn-ins" to something the post was not about. Don't want to press to hard on this topic and dont want him in any trouble, but just felt like it needed to be mentioned so it wont happen to the future, because by the looks of it, he must of read the first and second sentences of my post (which refers to the new edited title) but did not read the entire thing that summarizes my general concern.

-BlueMedz

Message 39 of 51 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Jun 8, 2014

I am really starting to hate this label bull. Ye give us the option to add more than one label and when something clearly falls into more than one category y'all bloody bulldoze things, edit it and then add yer commentary as if we've done something wrong. This is why I avoid making threads any more. Ye guys need to chill a bit with this rampant thread editing.

Message 40 of 51 (428 Views)
0 Likes