SIEA
1490 posts

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 22, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

JSiggy wrote:
my guess is that no one will use the labels like no one used the tags and this board will be a huge cluster **bleep**.

My understanding is that, when creating a topic, the labels are mandatory.  Sure, that still leaves room for mislabelling, but, it's better than them not being used.  I'm willing to guess that mods can change the label if it is inappropriate, the same wahy they update topic titles.

This is correct. 

So I've just turned on Labels to use for all of the PlayStation Community. To best support the Labels, we've created a handful of pre-determiend Label types that have to be selected before you make a thread. This way, everyone will just need to give a second's worth of thought to what the best Label should be. 

With our expanded moderation, we'll also be ensuring that Labels are accurate for all of the community to use. 

Thanks and looking forward to he feedback on these! 

Message 11 of 51 (1,320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6110 posts

Jan 22, 2014
If it ain't broke then don't fix it. In this case it was already broke and instead of fixing it they made it worse.
Message 12 of 51 (1,312 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jan 22, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

Debate & Opinion

Find conversations to jump in to that will stimulate your gaming mind. Learn about what others think on various issues across the PlayStation gaming landscape and share your perspective.

Guess I'm avoiding this one Smiley Very Happy

Debates are fun and everyone has their right of their own opinion!

I'm currently not used to seeing this on the side, so far. Why not also put this in the off-topic section, so people in that section can also navigate through the threads better?

Good question. We're definitely want to see how we can ensure a smooth experience using these in PS General first.  Once we're comfortable with the usage, we'll look at expanding to other boards. 

The OT must have a label called "spam threads". Smiley Happy

Or "spam you post count here!", that'd word as well.

Message 13 of 51 (1,366 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20402 posts

Jan 22, 2014

renatabls wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

I believe all sections are getting labels, but only PS General is forcing you to use them to make a thread.

If anything, I'd like to see a [CONTEST] label created for events like tournaments, giveaways, and other such contests. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 51 (1,363 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

renatabls wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

I believe all sections are getting labels, but only PS General is forcing you to use them to make a thread.

If anything, I'd like to see a [CONTEST] label created for events like tournaments, giveaways, and other such contests. Smiley Happy

Tey might just stick that in the "cpmpete and connect" section.

Message 15 of 51 (1,348 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Jan 27, 2014

i guess your label system isn't "working" as planned right now. a lot of threads that i click on keeps getting "corrected" by a mod because the labels are "wrong".

Message 16 of 51 (1,278 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 27, 2014

a_leenail1992 wrote:

i guess your label system isn't "working" as planned right now. a lot of threads that i click on keeps getting "corrected" by a mod because the labels are "wrong".

Games & Platforms

Clicking this Label will deliver threads dedicated to our official [INFO] threads for specific titles, platforms, apps, and more. Please only use this Label if you have created a unique thread that hosts specific information about a game or platform.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/About-the-New-Labels-in-PS-General/td-p/4...

Message 17 of 51 (1,265 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40513 posts

Jan 27, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

JSiggy wrote:
my guess is that no one will use the labels like no one used the tags and this board will be a huge cluster **bleep**.

My understanding is that, when creating a topic, the labels are mandatory.  Sure, that still leaves room for mislabelling, but, it's better than them not being used.  I'm willing to guess that mods can change the label if it is inappropriate, the same wahy they update topic titles.

This is correct. 

So I've just turned on Labels to use for all of the PlayStation Community. To best support the Labels, we've created a handful of pre-determiend Label types that have to be selected before you make a thread. This way, everyone will just need to give a second's worth of thought to what the best Label should be. 

With our expanded moderation, we'll also be ensuring that Labels are accurate for all of the community to use. 

Thanks and looking forward to he feedback on these! 

What's been expanded about it mochuuu?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 18 of 51 (1,188 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13127 posts

Jan 27, 2014
I see a couple of new mods....a new mod....
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 19 of 51 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40513 posts

Jan 27, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
I see a couple of new mods....a new mod....

Yea me too Toxic, 2, possibly 3 I think!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 20 of 51 (1,188 Views)
0 Likes