Reply
SIEA
Registered: 06/22/2009
Offline
1490 posts
 

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 22, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

JSiggy wrote:
my guess is that no one will use the labels like no one used the tags and this board will be a huge cluster **bleep**.

My understanding is that, when creating a topic, the labels are mandatory.  Sure, that still leaves room for mislabelling, but, it's better than them not being used.  I'm willing to guess that mods can change the label if it is inappropriate, the same wahy they update topic titles.


This is correct. 

 

So I've just turned on Labels to use for all of the PlayStation Community. To best support the Labels, we've created a handful of pre-determiend Label types that have to be selected before you make a thread. This way, everyone will just need to give a second's worth of thought to what the best Label should be. 

 

With our expanded moderation, we'll also be ensuring that Labels are accurate for all of the community to use. 

 

Thanks and looking forward to he feedback on these! 

Message 11 of 51 (1,443 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/14/2013
Offline
6580 posts
 

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 22, 2014
If it ain't broke then don't fix it. In this case it was already broke and instead of fixing it they made it worse.
Message 12 of 51 (1,435 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11303 posts
 

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 22, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

 Debate & Opinion

 

Find conversations to jump in to that will stimulate your gaming mind. Learn about what others think on various issues across the PlayStation gaming landscape and share your perspective.

 


 


Guess I'm avoiding this one Smiley Very Happy


Debates are fun and everyone has their right of their own opinion!

 

I'm currently not used to seeing this on the side, so far. Why not also put this in the off-topic section, so people in that section can also navigate through the threads better?


Good question. We're definitely want to see how we can ensure a smooth experience using these in PS General first.  Once we're comfortable with the usage, we'll look at expanding to other boards. 


The OT must have a label called "spam threads". Smiley Happy

 

Or "spam you post count here!", that'd word as well.

Message 13 of 51 (1,489 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20632 posts
 

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 22, 2014

renatabls wrote:

The OT must have a label called "spam threads". Smiley Happy

 

Or "spam you post count here!", that'd word as well.


 

Smiley Very Happy

 

I believe all sections are getting labels, but only PS General is forcing you to use them to make a thread.

 

If anything, I'd like to see a [CONTEST] label created for events like tournaments, giveaways, and other such contests. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 51 (1,486 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
13569 posts
 

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 22, 2014

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

renatabls wrote:

The OT must have a label called "spam threads". Smiley Happy

 

Or "spam you post count here!", that'd word as well.


 

Smiley Very Happy

 

I believe all sections are getting labels, but only PS General is forcing you to use them to make a thread.

 

If anything, I'd like to see a [CONTEST] label created for events like tournaments, giveaways, and other such contests. Smiley Happy


Tey might just stick that in the "cpmpete and connect" section.

Message 15 of 51 (1,471 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/29/2012
Offline
2709 posts
 

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 27, 2014

i guess your label system isn't "working" as planned right now. a lot of threads that i click on keeps getting "corrected" by a mod because the labels are "wrong".

Message 16 of 51 (1,401 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 27, 2014

a_leenail1992 wrote:

i guess your label system isn't "working" as planned right now. a lot of threads that i click on keeps getting "corrected" by a mod because the labels are "wrong".


Games & Platforms

 

Clicking this Label will deliver threads dedicated to our official [INFO] threads for specific titles, platforms, apps, and more. Please only use this Label if you have created a unique thread that hosts specific information about a game or platform.

 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/About-the-New-Labels-in-PS-General/td-p/4...

Message 17 of 51 (1,388 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
43772 posts
 

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 27, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

JSiggy wrote:
my guess is that no one will use the labels like no one used the tags and this board will be a huge cluster **bleep**.

My understanding is that, when creating a topic, the labels are mandatory.  Sure, that still leaves room for mislabelling, but, it's better than them not being used.  I'm willing to guess that mods can change the label if it is inappropriate, the same wahy they update topic titles.


This is correct. 

 

So I've just turned on Labels to use for all of the PlayStation Community. To best support the Labels, we've created a handful of pre-determiend Label types that have to be selected before you make a thread. This way, everyone will just need to give a second's worth of thought to what the best Label should be. 

 

With our expanded moderation, we'll also be ensuring that Labels are accurate for all of the community to use. 

 

Thanks and looking forward to he feedback on these! 


What's been expanded about it mochuuu?

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 18 of 51 (1,311 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Offline
13359 posts
 

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 27, 2014
I see a couple of new mods....a new mod....
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 19 of 51 (1,323 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
43772 posts
 

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 27, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
I see a couple of new mods....a new mod....

Yea me too Toxic, 2, possibly 3 I think!

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 20 of 51 (1,311 Views)
0 Likes