Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2014
By: mochuuu SCEA 1481 posts

Labels Best Practices in PS General

[ Edited ]
44 replies 34729 views Edited Feb 18, 2014

Labels are viewable on the main PlayStation General board on the right hand side to assist with helping users find conversation types that might interest them the most. 

In order to keep things organized we’re asking everyone to select from this list of Labels when they make a thread. Just create a thread as you normally would, then select the Label that best fits your topic. You can also select more than one Label if you feel it’s appropriate.

Please check out the best practices for each Label type. 

Games & Platforms

If you're making an [INFO] threads for specific titles, platforms, communities, or apps; use this Label. This Label is not to be used lightly and should contain a strong OP with screens, embedded YouTube videos, and any other information that would benefit making that thread a landing point for general conversation about the topic at hand. Please only use this Label if you have created a unique thread that hosts specific information about a game or platform. This should not be used for a general thought on a game. 

You can see examples of these types of threads here:

[INFO] Battlefield 4 - http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/INFO-Battlefield-4-Thread/m-p/39987183

[INFO] Assassin’s Creed 4 - http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/INFO-Assassin-s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag/m-p/4...

Feedback & Ideas

If you have an idea or piece of feedback about a PlayStation product, you can post about it here or expand on someone else’s thoughts or ideas. We love hearing feedback from our community, so this is a great place to share it.  

Debate & Opinion

If you've got a thought you want to put out there for the community to discuss, use this Label and jump in to conversations that will stimulate your gaming mind. Learn about what others think on various issues across the PlayStation gaming landscape and share your perspective.

Compete and Connect

Whether you just bought a great new multiplayer game and are looking for people to play with, or are looking for engaging events in your current must-play game, this Label is great to use for any sort of multiplayer or social gaming activities. 

News and Announcements

It’s never a slow news day in the gaming industry, so use this Label to post news, rumors, or other announcements you want to share with the PlayStation Community. 

Ask the Community

Feel like helping someone out? This Label will house threads where users have a gaming-related question. Please note that this is not intended for Support  purposes.

This filter function of Labels is not currently available on mobile, however we are looking at possible solutions for the future.  Our mobile users will be able to apply a Label to any thread they create while on the go, so you will not need to worry about being unable to participate. So give it some use, and let us know your thoughts! This will be an evolving function so we’re happy to check out what you guys have to say about it.

- morgan haro, SCEA Sr. Project Manager - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 1 of 45 (34,729 Views)
MVP Support
12331 posts

Re: About the New Labels in PS General

Jan 21, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

Debate & Opinion

Find conversations to jump in to that will stimulate your gaming mind. Learn about what others think on various issues across the PlayStation gaming landscape and share your perspective.

Guess I'm avoiding this one :smileyvery-happy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 45 (34,714 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1481 posts

Jan 21, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

Debate & Opinion

Find conversations to jump in to that will stimulate your gaming mind. Learn about what others think on various issues across the PlayStation gaming landscape and share your perspective.

No way, get in there! lol

@morganharo

Message 3 of 45 (34,698 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
11914 posts

Jan 22, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

Debate & Opinion

Debates are fun and everyone has their right of their own opinion!

I'm currently not used to seeing this on the side, so far. Why not also put this in the off-topic section, so people in that section can also navigate through the threads better?

Message 4 of 45 (34,664 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1481 posts

Jan 22, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

Debate & Opinion

Debates are fun and everyone has their right of their own opinion!

I'm currently not used to seeing this on the side, so far. Why not also put this in the off-topic section, so people in that section can also navigate through the threads better?

Good question. We're definitely want to see how we can ensure a smooth experience using these in PS General first.  Once we're comfortable with the usage, we'll look at expanding to other boards. 

@morganharo

Message 5 of 45 (34,661 Views)
Last Guardian
10827 posts

Jan 22, 2014
Well looks like I'm using the full site on my phone insert mad face here
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 6 of 45 (34,559 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5453 posts

Jan 22, 2014

I almost raged when I just logged in.  The label filters honestly changed that.  As long as they are used appropriately (and additional labels/sublabels are added), I think this will ultimately garner conversations with people we would have otherwise never seen.

Hoping this works the way that I think that it will.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 7 of 45 (34,519 Views)
Fender Bender
4209 posts

Jan 22, 2014
Wheres our GTA5 board at?
Message 8 of 45 (34,508 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Jan 22, 2014
my guess is that no one will use the labels like no one used the tags and this board will be a huge cluster **bleep**.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 9 of 45 (34,484 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5453 posts

Jan 22, 2014

JSiggy wrote:
my guess is that no one will use the labels like no one used the tags and this board will be a huge cluster **bleep**.

My understanding is that, when creating a topic, the labels are mandatory.  Sure, that still leaves room for mislabelling, but, it's better than them not being used.  I'm willing to guess that mods can change the label if it is inappropriate, the same wahy they update topic titles.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 45 (34,479 Views)