Oct 16 2012
By: nickofthelvgdead First Son 6 posts

LEGO The Lord of the Rings The Video Game PS Vita

5 replies 451 views Edited Oct 16, 2012

I have scoured the internet for any information at all on the PS Vita version of LEGO Lord of the Rings, we are 2 weeks from the release date and yet us.playstation.com doesn't list it in their Vita games, not even as coming soon, I have tweeted editors of IGN, Traveller's Tales Games, LEGO and even PlayStation for any info on this version and have gotten no reply. The biggest thing I want to know is if it will be a proper Vita game using the power and controls of the Vita specifically made for it, or just a cheap DS port again. IGN had stated that there was a hands-on demo at NYCC '12, did anyone on this forum happen to go? Play it? See it? Anything. If anyone has any information please link it here. Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (451 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Re: LEGO The Lord of the Rings The Video Game PS Vita

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2012

Well I haven't played any Lego games but I was talking about someone recently who complained how the Vita version were a straight copy of the 3DS version or something so they look really bad on the Vita or cutscenes..

Maybe the same has ended up happening to this version? They were talking about how the Batman one looks horrible on the Vita?

Message 2 of 6 (439 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Yeah I have read many things about the LEGO Batman 2 Vita version being a poor DS port so that's why I am trying to figure it out. I'm really kind of worried that this is the case it just makes absolutely no sense how little information there is I mean come on the DS version already has a playable demo! This is just another example of how poorly developers are treating the PS Vita, such a powerful piece of hardware, such little respect.

Message 3 of 6 (436 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2012

nickofthelvgdead wrote:

Yeah I have read many things about the LEGO Batman 2 Vita version being a poor DS port so that's why I am trying to figure it out. I'm really kind of worried that this is the case it just makes absolutely no sense how little information there is I mean come on the DS version already has a playable demo! This is just another example of how poorly developers are treating the PS Vita, such a powerful piece of hardware, such little respect.

Yea I feel you developers are so lazy these days but Sony devices are the hardest to devolope for and the most expensive so I am sure that is not helping when development studios are closing left and right stuggling to keep their fans happy.

I mean I ain't trying to be a negative Nancy but if nothing has come out as any real videos, screenshots or information that is reliable it is probably safe to assume it will be just like all the others. I personally wouldn't expect much from Lego games or the developers who make them.

Just saying without trying to be to harsh.

Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 6 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Oct 17, 2012
I bought both hp and batman Lego for the vita cause I live Lego games but my gosh they were **bleep** ugly! At least the cutscenes were! After a while u get used to the gameplay graphics! I have a feeling this one wont be any different. Cheers to almost unwatchable cutscenes and ugly gameplay graphics.
Message 5 of 6 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Oct 17, 2012

That's what I've seen. Like I said two weeks away from launch and there's no gameplay footage anywhere, no dedicated info site, and no listing on the official PlayStation site, I'm prepared for another half-assed DS port. Which is a **bleep** shame, this game honestly could've been big for Vita, if they make it it's own game closer to the console experience people could compare it to the crappy DS version and be more interested in Vita. Not to mention I was really looking forward to Free Roaming Middle-Earth on the go but if it is taking it's cues from LEGO HP and Batman it will be a linear crapfest.

Message 6 of 6 (373 Views)
0 Likes