Reply
Jun 15 2013
By: uh--oh Treasure Hunter 4927 posts
Offline

Knowing is half the battle. SONY COME IN AND READ!

65 replies 286 views Edited Jun 15, 2013

Since there are those who don't like what the ps4 is doing are being forced to stick with ps3. Well this brings a great question to mind. Even though I have a feeling I already know the answer based off what transpiring here and now.

 

HEY SONY HOW LONG DO YOU PLAN TO SUPPORT THE PS3 FROM THIS POINT ON?

Message 1 of 66 (286 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/29/2005
Offline
4602 posts
 

Re: Knowing is half the battle. SONY COME IN AND READ!

Jun 15, 2013

If you look at the Playstation consoles for example, they have been supported for quite sometime.  If you look at how long the PS2 has been going, I believe you shouldn't have to be concerned with not having anything new to play for PS3.  The PS3's shelf life is still really good.  Not to mention, with how game companies are making remasters and classics are making it to the Playstation Store, there is plenty of support.


Green Collar Baseball. Go A's!

Message 2 of 66 (274 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/24/2013
Offline
187 posts
 

Re: Knowing is half the battle. SONY COME IN AND READ!

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Since there are those who don't like what the ps4 is doing are being forced to stick with ps3. Well this brings a great question to mind. Even though I have a feeling I already know the answer based off what transpiring here and now.

 

HEY SONY HOW LONG DO YOU PLAN TO SUPPORT THE PS3 FROM THIS POINT ON?


ummm, what? I am guessing the PS+ requirement for online multiplayer? And that's actually a good thing. Because it will allow pretty much force them to have better servers and security. 

EDIT: oh PS3 support lol. Don't know. Don't have one. Waiting for the PS4.

 photo BBSIGANIMATED_zpsbd119225.gif
Message 3 of 66 (273 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3480 posts
 

Re: Knowing is half the battle. SONY COME IN AND READ!

Jun 15, 2013

Who are "those" people?

Stop making threads, and stop whining. Sony are doing fantasically at present. You have the option to pay monthly you know, or you can just play offline. Just save up money for a year, it isn't that hard. 

Message 4 of 66 (269 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3480 posts
 

Re: Knowing is half the battle. SONY COME IN AND READ!

Jun 15, 2013

Plus they plan to support it up until 2015 I think, or it maybe 2018. 

Message 5 of 66 (268 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 06/15/2007
Offline
10300 posts
 

Re: Knowing is half the battle. SONY COME IN AND READ!

Jun 15, 2013

longer than they did the ps2 after the ps3 was released

Message 6 of 66 (261 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: Knowing is half the battle. SONY COME IN AND READ!

Jun 15, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

Who are "those" people?

Stop making threads, and stop whining. Sony are doing fantasically at present. You have the option to pay monthly you know, or you can just play offline. Just save up money for a year, it isn't that hard. 


Hey jay jay, quit your crying,. I am asking a valid question because imagine if support ended next year for the ps3? Everyone is thinking its longer but what if its not? This effects certain judgements we make right now. There are people asking if its okay to get the ps3 instead of ps4.

 

Message 7 of 66 (253 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/28/2010
Offline
2546 posts
 

Re: Knowing is half the battle. SONY COME IN AND READ!

Jun 15, 2013
Good support for the PS3 is at least 3 yrs out. We are only in year 7 of a 10 yr shelf life that they stated for the PS3. Stop worrying about it Sony has never dropped support for the outgoing console in a yr .
Message 8 of 66 (248 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: Knowing is half the battle. SONY COME IN AND READ!

Jun 15, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
Good support for the PS3 is at least 3 yrs out. We are only in year 7 of a 10 yr shelf life that they stated for the PS3. Stop worrying about it Sony has never dropped support for the outgoing console in a yr .

gray the ps3 console been out longer than a year bro... As most know and maybe you don't its a hard system to make games for and with the ps4 coming out. Support could end rather quickly..

Message 9 of 66 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/02/2003
Offline
1786 posts
 

Re: Knowing is half the battle. SONY COME IN AND READ!

Jun 15, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

Who are "those" people?

Stop making threads, and stop whining. Sony are doing fantasically at present. You have the option to pay monthly you know, or you can just play offline. Just save up money for a year, it isn't that hard. 


Hey jay jay, quit your crying,. I am asking a valid question because imagine if support ended next year for the ps3? Everyone is thinking its longer but what if its not? This effects certain judgements we make right now. There are people asking if its okay to get the ps3 instead of ps4.

 


Nothing lasts forever and that includes consoles. Things change and not everyone can deal with the changes. Look at all of us here, most of us have always had a Playstation but some are refugees from Xbox. We cant handle what microsoft is doing and guess what? that is the future of gaming like it or not. I don't think that the industry or we as gamers were ready for that change yet so Microsoft is going to pay for jumping the gun.

 

This applies to the playstation as well, you may not like the fee for online gaming but that is where the industry is now. That is the standard and if you dont feel that you can cope with that then there are two places left for you to run to: Nintendo, and pc gaming. Keep moving from system to system but eventually they will have that standard too and you will be forced to either pay or quit gaming all together.

 

One day the sony console line will have similar rules as the xbox one, and I will accept that. It is not the DRM that chased me away from xbox, it was the kinect requirement. Hopefully Microsoft and Sony will not have these requirements in the generation after this one.

Message 10 of 66 (244 Views)