Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 02 2014
By: Soulwatcher Sackboy 437 posts

Knack: Bad Reviews, I Thought its Fun

[ Edited ]
4 replies 182 views Edited Mar 20, 2014

A lot of people give Knack bad reviews. I thought the game was rather fun, I played it non stop start to finish, which was around 10hrs. My personal score of the game is 7.0 out of 10. It is forsure worth a rent!

Mod Edit: Added label & updated subject title. Want to learn more about labels? Please click here. How about Forum Rules of Conduct? Read all about it here. -Super_Nova2k13

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (182 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10974 posts

Re: A lot of people give Knack bad reviews I thought it was fun!

Jan 2, 2014

My initial impressions on Knack is that it's a mediocre game. The characters are either cartoony or real-looking. It's a weird blend. The gameplay isn't fantastic and neither is the story. So far there's been some predictable light platforming around the levels. Floors break away, enemies shoot things, and boulders come rolling toward you to dodge. You bust up enemies, having limited health. Depending on the relics to cure your health and the sunstones to charge energy is kind of interesting incentive for a challenge, but not necessarily an element that keeps the game from being thought of as poor in other areas. I wouldn't say it's a bad game, but from what I've played Knack still has a ways to go to be considered good.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
437 posts

Jan 2, 2014

GrayGargoyle wrote:

My initial impressions on Knack is that it's a mediocre game. The characters are either cartoony or real-looking. It's a weird blend. The gameplay isn't fantastic and neither is the story. So far there's been some predictable light platforming around the levels. Floors break away, enemies shoot things, and boulders come rolling toward you to dodge. You bust up enemies, having limited health. Depending on the relics to cure your health and the sunstones to charge energy is kind of interesting incentive for a challenge, but not necessarily an element that keeps the game from being thought of as poor in other areas. I wouldn't say it's a bad game, but from what I've played Knack still has a ways to go to be considered good.

I think it was a good game, how ever its no Kill Zone or Ghosts. But the game keep me entertained for 10hrs straight. I also thought the graphics were ok, there not supposed to be life like. And the Doc was a pretty good character. And at times the game was very challenging. Like I said the game is for sure worth a rental. How ever I would not pay $60 for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 3, 2014

So you think its worth a rental? I heard the same thing but GameInformer gave it an 8 and I heard alot of people say the same thing you said. It is meant to be a simple adventure game like the old Crash Bandicoot. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 4, 2014

I played knack over at my friends house and we beat the game :smileyhappy:. I would also give it a 7 but i think there is some replay value so me personally i would consider it a buy

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (142 Views)
0 Likes