Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 28 2013
By: bobriguez First Son 3 posts

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Anti-Aliasing Problems on PS3

3 replies 179 views Edited Mar 28, 2013

I have some bad anti-aliasing issues with this game on my PS3. I have turned on the PS3 smoothing and lowered the sharpness on my TV but that doesn't help. 

I thought it could be that I am playing a 720p game on a 1080p TV but that doesn't seem to be a problem with other games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (179 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15226 posts

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Anti-Aliasing Problems on PS3

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

bobriguez wrote: I have turned on the PS3 smoothing

This doesn't apply for PS3 games... this applies for PS1/PS2 games

Its also not a resolution issue.

Its just how the game was made.... not every game made for PS3 has Anti Aliasing.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 28, 2013

The reason I think this isn't a game issue is because the playthrough videos on youtube dont have this problem at all. I know that the video capture etc of the online video has an effect on the look of the video but I don't  think it would mask the amout of bad anti-aliasing that I am seeing.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (165 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15226 posts

Mar 28, 2013

bobriguez wrote:

The reason I think this isn't a game issue is because the playthrough videos on youtube dont have this problem at all. I know that the video capture etc of the online video has an effect on the look of the video but I don't  think it would mask the amout of bad anti-aliasing that I am seeing.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Its not just that capture of the video... its the encoding/compression of the site that streams the video which can diminish certain things like color, edges etc etc.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (155 Views)
0 Likes