Mar 12 2012
By: ketcham1 First Son 2 posts

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep- NO DOWNLOAD! No vita.

4 replies 5195 views Edited Mar 12, 2012

I understand that whole thing that disney doesnt want their game to be downloadable. (Totally wacko by the way.) But, If Birth by Sleep is not downloadable, then I will not be buying the Vita. If it is, then I definetly will.

I got a ps2 when it first came out. (I also had a gameboy and then later bought a DS) I got the kingdom hearts game, and then the second. I just now got the PS3 and wanted to catch up on the series. The first two games are compatible, and I'm also buying Re:chain of memories. I will probably also get the DS games Re:Coded and 358/2 Days, even though they are for the DS. (I dont have a 3DS and do not plan on buying one just for 3 games-those being the obvious two mario games and Dream Drop Distance.)

The Vita sounds cool but its the games that make it good. It already doesn't have the classics that make Nintendo handhelds great- mario bros and mario kart. However, on general I prefer Playstation to Nintendo and definetly to X-Box who is in more of the same category for classic for semi-serious gamers. Being a fan of Playstation, 3 good games would get me to buy the PS Vita. Uncharted: Golden Abyss is pretty good from what a friend tells me, and Little Big Planet would satisfy me too. But, the game I really have my eyes on in Birth by Sleeo which as you all know is a PSP game. While I might buy outdated games, I am not in the habit of buying outdated systems. I wouldn't buy a PSP for a game I would love, if I'd never use it again. And I wouldn't buy PS Vita If it can't play the game I want.

To put it simply, I got to have KH:BBS for PSVita. Even if I have to pay 60 or 70 dollars, I'd buy it. If it is available for download I WILL buy a Vita, but if not then not. I know a lot of other fans really want this game for download too, because there is no other way of playing it than buying an outdated systems,  which I won't because then I wouldn't be buying any other games. Sony: Make it work. Get this to download. Find a way cause I got to have this game playable for Vita.

,thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (5,195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Re: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep- NO DOWNLOAD! No vita.

Mar 12, 2012

While I can understand your reasoning, I'm afraid your plea might go unheard on these forums since I'm sure Sony would love to have this popular series available for download. As a business, I'm sure they loved to have every game available since it would mean more money in their pockets. I think it might help your cause more to let Square Enix and Disney know how badly you want to play their game. It's been a while since I read about the situation but, ultimately, I believe the decision to make it available for download comes down to them and not Sony.

Message 2 of 5 (5,195 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Mar 12, 2012

a temporary solution would be to set up a japanese PSN account (mine is set up with the address of Sony Headquarters as my address, lol). then just buy the UMD for birth by sleep, and take advantage of the fact that Japan has the UMD passport system, so you can register it and download it.

Message 3 of 5 (5,195 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Mar 12, 2012

I believe it's a dispute between Square Enix and Sony, so North American PSN customers haven't been able to download it from PSN. It's a shame; I really wish it was available digitally...

Message 4 of 5 (5,195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Mar 13, 2012

its why psp GO users were mad!

Message 5 of 5 (5,195 Views)
0 Likes