Dec 15 2013
By: Gamergod44 Sackboy 496 posts

Kind of a cool idea to bring PC games to PS4

2 replies 200 views Edited Dec 15, 2013

As most of you know,many great games (mmo's,rts,moba's) on pc require lots of buttons to be hotkeyed to play at max effeciency and I would personally love to see some of these games ported to PSN since blizzard is now working with sony. There is a company out there called scuf gaming and for those of you who do not know what they produce, they produce specialized controllers for FPS games with extra buttons on the back so competitive players can drop shot, knife, jumpshot, etc. very easily. My idea is if they could make these controllers why not be able to make controllers with 5-10 mini buttons on the back that could be custom hotkeyed for ported pc games. Just like how some mice have buttons, the controller could be the same. We already have the touchpad now if we could have the buttons then we could in theory get the same experience a pc player does. They could also put a different amount of buttons on each controller and charge a different price. Just a thought i had today. What do you guys think?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (200 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23661 posts

Re: Kind of a cool idea to bring PC games to PS4

Dec 15, 2013

The idea behind the Playstation controller is that you have a simple interface, which you can play many different types of games with. Note; SIMPLE. Making it overly complex isn't really improving it, and I don't want to have a controller that looks like this;

Really?

The other thing is that PC games really are their own genre. Playstation owners tend to prefer games like Madden, Metal Gear Solid, and Gran Turismo. You don't find a lot of strategy or simulation games on the PS3 because of the micro-management aspect of many of the.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)
PlayStation MVP
333 posts

Re: Kind of a cool idea to bring PC games to PS4

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2013

I agree with Captain, some PC games are best left on the PC. They try to hard to cram the controls into one interface, it becomes too overwhelming.

Ps. I would love to know what that infinite button would do!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)