Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Re: Killzone: Shadow Fall sells over 2 million in 2 months

Jan 30, 2014

socom69 wrote:

BF & COD are default. They come out and are purchased every single year.

Doesn't mean that they weren't competition for Killzone.  Heck, I bought BF4 at launch, and didn't buy Killzone until almost Christmas time.  All I'm saying is that, fanbase or no, Killzone was not the only AAA shooter for PS4 at launch, so, it wasn't purchased by default.

They weren't competition for killzone. BF/COD attract a completely different demography than KZ. BF/COD attract the more mainstream, casual gamers. Gamers who will buy them on a yearly basis, like EA Sports games, and will be more cautious about buying anything outside of that circle. No matter what is coming out in any given year, BF/COD WILL be purchased.

With CoD, I can see your point. Battlefield, not so much.  BF isn't an annual franchise - bi-annual at most, and, while there are some casual buyers, the Battlefield crowd is, by and large, pretty hardcore, and I know a lot of them that bought both BF4 and KZ: SF.

The point is, these are all FPS games, and, many buyers will decide on one or two, rather than snagging all three, which creates competition, no matter how we interpret the demographic they appeal to.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 31 of 40 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 30, 2014

Infinity Ward actually had the balls to outwardly come out with this too. But this is old news to me.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 32 of 40 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Jan 30, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

I'll hand it to them... Those figures are impressive...

The game is still horrible though. I'd love to see the figures for how many were disappointed by it once they played it.

Nah, you're just garbage and need aim assist.

@OP: it's not like anyone buys any FPS besides CoD and BF, anyway.... good try on tearing down the accomplishment though. I thought you don't even have a ps4?

- I try to fit "girlfriend" and "wife" in my posts, because I'm a non-lifting nerd who has a hard time getting noticed.

- I use mom jokes, instead of dad jokes because I'm a single mom baby and or have a stepdad.

- I campaign for equality until it benefits men (custody battle, retaliation to violence, portraying men as morons on tv, etc)

- I care about corporations more than consumers. I own no corporations...
Message 33 of 40 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

Jan 30, 2014

Go Guerilla, im happy for them been a fan since day one

Message 34 of 40 (159 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jan 30, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

socom69 wrote:

BF & COD are default. They come out and are purchased every single year.

Doesn't mean that they weren't competition for Killzone.  Heck, I bought BF4 at launch, and didn't buy Killzone until almost Christmas time.  All I'm saying is that, fanbase or no, Killzone was not the only AAA shooter for PS4 at launch, so, it wasn't purchased by default.

They weren't competition for killzone. BF/COD attract a completely different demography than KZ. BF/COD attract the more mainstream, casual gamers. Gamers who will buy them on a yearly basis, like EA Sports games, and will be more cautious about buying anything outside of that circle. No matter what is coming out in any given year, BF/COD WILL be purchased.

With CoD, I can see your point. Battlefield, not so much.  BF isn't an annual franchise - bi-annual at most, and, while there are some casual buyers, the Battlefield crowd is, by and large, pretty hardcore, and I know a lot of them that bought both BF4 and KZ: SF.

The point is, these are all FPS games, and, many buyers will decide on one or two, rather than snagging all three, which creates competition, no matter how we interpret the demographic they appeal to.

I wont give BF4 any money for releasing a game before it was fully completed.  Even if it is game of the year I wont be giving them a cent for that kind of business.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 35 of 40 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Jan 30, 2014

sucks that mp only has like only 2000 players most of the time if that

Message 36 of 40 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Jan 31, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheAtomicToilet wrote:
2 million copies sold yet barely 3,000 people play the multiplayer. I love this game, but that's quite sad.

I tried it, lack of aim assist meant it was generally everyone spraying and praying. No aiming because no one could aim and hit anything.

Just wasn't fun to play. This is why the big boys, CoD and Battlefield keep players playing, they both have assist.

I get it if It was a PC game. You don't need assist on a PC, the mouse has optimal control. Controller doesn't though.

Which I turn off in those games. I like the challenge of using a controller without aim assist.

But you know, that should be totally optional. it shouldn't be shoved down peoples throats.

Having options is good. Being forced to play in such a manner is not good.

Message 37 of 40 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 31, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheAtomicToilet wrote:
2 million copies sold yet barely 3,000 people play the multiplayer. I love this game, but that's quite sad.

I tried it, lack of aim assist meant it was generally everyone spraying and praying. No aiming because no one could aim and hit anything.

Just wasn't fun to play. This is why the big boys, CoD and Battlefield keep players playing, they both have assist.

I get it if It was a PC game. You don't need assist on a PC, the mouse has optimal control. Controller doesn't though.

Which I turn off in those games. I like the challenge of using a controller without aim assist.

But you know, that should be totally optional. it shouldn't be shoved down peoples throats.

Yea, it sucks GG makes you play a console fps without a gameplay crutch...

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 38 of 40 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Jan 31, 2014

socom69 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheAtomicToilet wrote:

Yea, it sucks GG makes you play a console fps without a gameplay crutch...

It's not a gameplay crutch. Not if it's done right anyway.

Take The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 as examples here, although not FPS games they both have aim assist. Is it really that visible? No

What the aim assist does in those two games and many other GOOD games is compensate for controller issues such as deadzones and sensitivity settings and such.

CoD is an example of a crutch, so is unfortunately Uncharted 3... where crosshairs tend to automatically pull themselves over players.

Message 39 of 40 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3069 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2014

socom69 wrote:

Infinity Ward actually had the balls to outwardly come out with this too. But this is old news to me.

I wonder what the number is for people that only buy say Call of Duty and Madden each year?

Message 40 of 40 (127 Views)
0 Likes