Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Re: Killzone: Shadow Fall sells over 2 million in 2 months

Jan 30, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/209597/Killzone_Shadow_Fall_sells_over_2_million_in_2_months.php

well.. beside COD and BF.. what other shooter outhere available for the PS4??

Exactly. It's easy to sell when you're the only game on the market.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 21 of 40 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 30, 2014

HWGuy14 wrote:
It was an ok game. but a shame the story is not even close to being as great as the first 3.

I thought 3's story was so so bad. After I finished it I had that "Wait, THIS is it?!? **bleep** did I just play????" feeling. I though SF's story was a huge improvement over 3.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 22 of 40 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 30, 2014

socom69 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/209597/Killzone_Shadow_Fall_sells_over_2_million_in_2_months.php

...other than Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts.  Killzone : Shadow Fall wasn't exactly in a vacuum, and, while I am sure some people bought it simply out of want for a "flagship" or "tech demo" title, I think the game is really great.  It definitely has flaws, but, any way you cut it, those numbers are a positive.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 23 of 40 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jan 30, 2014

I just sold my copy of KZ, I got it at launch.  I tried for about a month but couldnt get into the game, nice graphics not so much for gameplay.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 24 of 40 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 30, 2014

peckdogg68 wrote:

I just sold my copy of KZ, I got it at launch.  I tried for about a month but couldnt get into the game, nice graphics not so much for gameplay.

If you love COD & BF, there's a very little chance you'll like KZ gameplay.

Message 25 of 40 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 30, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

socom69 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

...other than Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts.  Killzone : Shadow Fall wasn't exactly in a vacuum, and, while I am sure some people bought it simply out of want for a "flagship" or "tech demo" title, I think the game is really great.  It definitely has flaws, but, any way you cut it, those numbers are a positive.

BF & COD are default. They come out and are purchased every single year.

Message 26 of 40 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 30, 2014

socom69 wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

socom69 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

Doesn't mean that they weren't competition for Killzone.  Heck, I bought BF4 at launch, and didn't buy Killzone until almost Christmas time.  All I'm saying is that, fanbase or no, Killzone was not the only AAA shooter for PS4 at launch, so, it wasn't purchased by default.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 27 of 40 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jan 30, 2014

I wont buy bf4 because it was never completed and I have not played COD since World at War.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 28 of 40 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 30, 2014

peckdogg68 wrote:

I wont buy bf4 because it was never completed and I have not played COD since World at War.

I completely understand both points, but I will say that Battlefield 4's patches have it running smoothly the vast majority of the time on PS4.

I have had no major issues since the last two patches, but, I'm not going to blow smoke and promise everyone super-perfect performance.  So, if you;re interested in the game, though dismayed at the bugs present at launch, i can confidently say that the game is worth picking up now.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 29 of 40 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 30, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

socom69 wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

socom69 wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

Doesn't mean that they weren't competition for Killzone.  Heck, I bought BF4 at launch, and didn't buy Killzone until almost Christmas time.  All I'm saying is that, fanbase or no, Killzone was not the only AAA shooter for PS4 at launch, so, it wasn't purchased by default.

They weren't competition for killzone. BF/COD attract a completely different demography than KZ. BF/COD attract the more mainstream, casual gamers. Gamers who will buy them on a yearly basis, like EA Sports games, and will be more cautious about buying anything outside of that circle. No matter what is coming out in any given year, BF/COD WILL be purchased.

Message 30 of 40 (45 Views)