Jan 31 2013
By: ArnotS2 Monster Hunter 37 posts

Killzone: Mercenary "War is our Business" Trailer + Release Date

3 replies 558 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe confirmed today that we will be seeing Killzone: Mercenary by the end of the year. September 18th to be exact, the date is quite far off but it could be a turning point for the Vita's life.

Killzone: Mercenary is the fifth game in the series, and the second one to be released on a portable gaming system. Mercenary does mark the first time the franchise has been on the Vita though as well as the first title to be developed outside of Guerrilla's Amsterdam studio. Mercenary is being developed by Guerrilla Cambridge.

Killzone: Mercenary was one of the first games shown off for the Vita and we have been waiting ever since. For all those who have played the console releases of the Killzone series, Mercenary may not ever match up. But it will definitely come very close, being able to bring the futuristic shooter anywhere is a big deal.

Message 1 of 4 (558 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: Killzone: Mercenary "War is our Business" Trailer + Release Date

Feb 3, 2013
Sony better do something about the release date because im not happy with the release date if they dont do any thing about it then im going to be angerier than heck
Message 2 of 4 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Feb 3, 2013

boombooomoooo wrote:
Sony better do something about the release date because im not happy with the release date if they dont do any thing about it then im going to be angerier than heck

Why would you be angrier than heck, when they never announced a release date?

I'm just glad they are giving themselves time to give work and rework things, so hopefully we get a game that feels more like what you'd get from the console version. Also happy to see they are showing footage and to see review sites have been allowed to go and try out the game. That's a BIG deal to me.

We weren't seeing much CoD: BOD until closer to launch, and this is 8 months before launch. So, I for one am happy to see this getting proper treatment.

Personally I'll play the games I've got on my Vita along with hopefully Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Soul Sacrifice and hopefully PSO2 if it comes to NA, games on my PC and 360 that are backlogged and maybe I'll get out of the house during the summer with the boys and load up the bikes and hit some trails. At my age, I know September will be here before I know it.

Btw, I highly doubt Sony is going to do a thing to change the date. Just don't see it happening. So take some deep breaths, cuddle and rock yourself in a corner and whisper, "everything is going to be alright, everything is going to be alright....".

Message 3 of 4 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

boombooomoooo wrote:

Why would you be angrier than heck, when they never announced a release date?

I'm just glad they are giving themselves time to give work and rework things, so hopefully we get a game that feels more like what you'd get from the console version. Also happy to see they are showing footage and to see review sites have been allowed to go and try out the game. That's a BIG deal to me.

We weren't seeing much CoD: BOD until closer to launch, and this is 8 months before launch. So, I for one am happy to see this getting proper treatment.

Personally I'll play the games I've got on my Vita along with hopefully Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Soul Sacrifice and hopefully PSO2 if it comes to NA, games on my PC and 360 that are backlogged and maybe I'll get out of the house during the summer with the boys and load up the bikes and hit some trails. At my age, I know September will be here before I know it.

Btw, I highly doubt Sony is going to do a thing to change the date. Just don't see it happening. So take some deep breaths, cuddle and rock yourself in a corner and whisper, "everything is going to be alright, everything is going to be alright....".

They might need to change the date solely on the fact that it's the same day GTA V is launching... Leaving it on that date might not be wise since GTA V will overshadow it. It's the 17th for Killzone here in NA.

Killzone: Mercenary blog post

GTA V Coming 9/17/2013

GTA V Release

Message 4 of 4 (469 Views)
0 Likes