Fender Bender
2981 posts

Re: Kevin Butler message on my PS3, adding $35 to my wallet funds?????

Jul 12, 2010

Kestrel1 wrote:

I received a message in my inbox from another user about stopping the spamming rumor about PSN users having to pay for playing online. It says if you forward the message to 35 other users, you1ll be awarded $37 in your PS3 wallet funds.  I just went to my players met list and kept sending it to other people. 

Anyway, nothing happened with my funds, so I am figuring it is just a scam.

Has anyone got any info regarding this????

Thanks, kes

its not even open for debate.ANYONE who gives me this or any other spam,i delete and report.its so stupid for ppl to think any of this garbage is real.Sony tells u time and time again they will never message you.Thats what the email is for.I dont care who it is.

Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Message 51 of 83 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2981 posts

Jul 18, 2010

i just deleted 2 ppl for this and another ppl are sending out.how stupid are ppl?send this to email to your friends.a used $50 card code.its so **bleep**ing stupid.

Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Message 52 of 83 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Jul 18, 2010

SLADE47 wrote:

i just deleted 2 ppl for this and another ppl are sending out.how stupid are ppl?send this to email to your friends.a used $50 card code.its so **bleep**ing stupid.

Apparently people can be gullible sometimes, especially if they don't have any money sometimes. They'll take anything that's supposedly "free" at any cost.

I for one want to know how the spamming originated and how they are messaging me when I have never seen or met them before.

Photobucket
Message 53 of 83 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2981 posts

Jul 18, 2010

HOT_STyLeS wrote:

SLADE47 wrote:

Apparently people can be gullible sometimes, especially if they don't have any money sometimes. They'll take anything that's supposedly "free" at any cost.

I for one want to know how the spamming originated and how they are messaging me when I have never seen or met them before.

naw its just plain stupidity.im not knocking anyone who tries the code out,but for any moron to think that the message can tell that u forwarded the message so you "magically" get a $50 credit is just plain moronic.just a bunch of dumbasses

Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Message 54 of 83 (340 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1420 posts

Jul 18, 2010

HOT_STyLeS wrote:

SLADE47 wrote:

Players met or just typing random things.

But I'm a little surprised at the people who sent me the chain messages, majority weren't expected to be so gullible...

84% of people will believe anything with a statistic.
Message 55 of 83 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jul 19, 2010

lol...i even had someone send me 1 of hte 1's from psn code generator and he stll belived it would work even after i told him it was all hogwash...usually give a warning but stupidity like that is automatic deletion

Message 56 of 83 (340 Views)
MVP Support
39172 posts

Jul 19, 2010
I deleted someone for sending me this very same message earlier today, they'll probably wonder why I'm no-longer on their friends list, oh well, their loss I guess!
CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 57 of 83 (340 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 19, 2010

i get those msgs all the time unfortunatley my 8 yr old daughter was playing on my ps3 with her 13 yr old cousin got a message like this,apparently sent it to the wrong person he messages me back saying he was going out of his way to get me banned from psn....i tried to tell him what happened but he was a jerk about it..and i dont even know the guy

Message 58 of 83 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2981 posts

Aug 8, 2010

tobywan77 wrote:

i get those msgs all the time unfortunatley my 8 yr old daughter was playing on my ps3 with her 13 yr old cousin got a message like this,apparently sent it to the wrong person he messages me back saying he was going out of his way to get me banned from psn....i tried to tell him what happened but he was a jerk about it..and i dont even know the guy

if this actually happen(ppl lie like running water on the net)i wont say u deserved it,but those messages are annoying as hell.i wish Sony would do something about them.i bought plus put an extra in there against spammers.then the sales would go thru the roof!!!

Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Message 59 of 83 (340 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 18, 2011

Ey you guys know this works right srsly im not lieing i tried this before and i got free 50 dollars in my account.Just try what the message says and it might work....

Message 60 of 83 (340 Views)
0 Likes