I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Re: Keiichi Okabe needs to save final fantasy .

Jan 22, 2014

I played White knight Chronicles after it went offline, and yeah, it was a so-so game and was annoyed how much I missed out on.

Whatever Level 5 did or didn't do though, Ni No Kuni should of redeemed them for even the most elitist RPG gamer. You should give it a shot.

Music is one thing, but agreed. Lots needs to be done about Final Fantasy and Square Enix as a whole. At one time  (during SNES) I considered them my favorite dev, but they have fallen from grace. FFXIII was terrible, not sure why they are making so many sequels for it. Never tried XIII-2 cause of how bad XIII was and while Lightning Returns sounds kind of promising, I'll wait until I find it super cheap to get it.

XV will make or break the series for me. Part of me is glad they are trying some new things, I just hope it's a step in the right direction. I'd consider giving XIV a try if I didn't have so many other games to play right now. heh

Of course I'll always be a FFVI fan-boy  and Square would redeem themselves in my eyes if they made a sequel to it, but they never will. Smiley Sad So sad.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 21 of 31 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jan 22, 2014

socom69 wrote:

FF12 is the last great FF game. Yea I said it

actually i liked 12 also. i liked the whole finding the Aeons part, the equip any weapon, and the open world. they basically used all that in Final Fantasy XIV as well as a much, much better HP and combat system then FF13. its still fast paced but feels more like a MMO style turn based.

Message 22 of 31 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2014

Fuzzy_Skinner wrote:

I played White knight Chronicles after it went offline, and yeah, it was a so-so game and was annoyed how much I missed out on.

Whatever Level 5 did or didn't do though, Ni No Kuni should of redeemed them for even the most elitist RPG gamer. You should give it a shot. it was actually D3 who owned it Level 5 just licensed it, and i will never play they're game or any of they're games after what they did to WKC.

Music is one thing, but agreed. Lots needs to be done about Final Fantasy and Square Enix as a whole. At one time  (during SNES) I considered them my favorite dev, but they have fallen from grace. FFXIII was terrible, not sure why they are making so many sequels for it. Never tried XIII-2 cause of how bad XIII was and while Lightning Returns sounds kind of promising, I'll wait until I find it super cheap to get it. from what i heard of Lightning returns your being timed the whole game. if the timer runs out game over. so yeah i can tell them where they should put that junk..

XV will make or break the series for me. Part of me is glad they are trying some new things, I just hope it's a step in the right direction. I'd consider giving XIV a try if I didn't have so many other games to play right now. heh

Of course I'll always be a FFVI fan-boy  and Square would redeem themselves in my eyes if they made a sequel to it, but they never will. Smiley Sad So sad. i actually bata tested XIV and it is a very fun game. when i first heard they were doing away with the starting classes of Warrior and stuff i was a bit turned off, but then i got to Beta and helped it become a great MMO. it basically uses FF12 and FF13's battle styles but it still feels like a turn based even if it looks like an action game.

Message 23 of 31 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22378 posts

Jan 22, 2014

I'm looking forward to Ni no Kuni sequel Smiley Happy

or any Level 5 game on the PS3 or PS4..

i didn't notice a lot of games from them for Playstation this gen..  their games.. mostly on the nintendo systems..

but with the popularity the PS4 is receiving.. .. maybe they will come back.

as long they are bringing in Studio Ghibli with them for the animation .. if not design as well.. that would be nice.. Smiley Happy

FFXIII.. lighting returns.. 3 parts games series.. after that then it's FFXV.. then Kingdom Hearts 2.5   and then Kingdom Hearts 3.. and then Persona 5..

it's nice to know that JRPGs are still alive and well Smiley Happy

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 31 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Jan 23, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

I'm looking forward to Ni no Kuni sequel Smiley Happy

or any Level 5 game on the PS3 or PS4..

i didn't notice a lot of games from them for Playstation this gen..  their games.. mostly on the nintendo systems..

but with the popularity the PS4 is receiving.. .. maybe they will come back.

as long they are bringing in Studio Ghibli with them for the animation .. if not design as well.. that would be nice.. Smiley Happy

FFXIII.. lighting returns.. 3 parts games series.. after that then it's FFXV.. then Kingdom Hearts 2.5   and then Kingdom Hearts 3.. and then Persona 5..

it's nice to know that JRPGs are still alive and well Smiley Happy

in no way is Lightning Returns a JRPG, your times the whole game which means you have to be fast. that isn't a JPRG let a lone an normal RPG..

they waited to long for Kingdom Hearts and when the guy who use to make good FF games (1-10) left i see them really messing up KH..

and i will never support a company who lisenced a game that wasn't even given two years of life.

Message 25 of 31 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22378 posts

Jan 23, 2014

VorxDargo wrote:
in no way is Lightning Returns a JRPG, your times the whole game which means you have to be fast. that isn't a JPRG let a lone an normal RPG..

they waited to long for Kingdom Hearts and when the guy who use to make good FF games (1-10) left i see them really messing up KH..

and i will never support a company who lisenced a game that wasn't even given two years of life.

FFXIII  is not a JRPG (Japanese Role Play Game)..  ??

anyway.. it's personal preference.. it's your choice..

for me i'm fine as a gamer.. having games to play is enough for me..

sony pulled the plugs on a lot of 1st party game as well..   we all know online version of a game is not going to be around forever..

time to move on.

i'll leave you to your post then..

this is my last post for this thread

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 31 (111 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Jan 23, 2014

ROMMIE30 wrote:

ever since uematsu left square enix the music just isnt the same.final fantasy used to be known for its great music but man is it suffering.what I cant understand is why Keiichi Okabe who basically worksfor square enix isnt doing the music in final fantasy 15.for those not in the know Keiichi Okabe is the composer whoscored nier which has the best score ever and the upcoming drakengard 3.

What's this I hear about Nobuo Uematsu leaing Square? When did this happen?!!? And I agree, Keiichi Okabe makes some really good instrumentals. I practically love every song he composed in Nier. There's also Koji Kondo though he works for Nintendo, composing for games like Zelda (ftw).

Message 27 of 31 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Jan 23, 2014

The fantasy is over. I don't think it can be saved after the mess that was XIII. Especially since Square can't take a hint that no one wanted it, what with releasing TWO sequels.

I have always had a special place in my heart for Final Fantasy. I thought X was just incredible. It had everything you have come to expect from Final Fantasy; great music, great characters, an intrinsically confusing, takes-the-metaphors-too-literally mindbone, and great gameplay with neat new summons.

XIII was neat gameplay, great graphics but with the most insufferable cast of characters to ever be seen. They all have "FEEL SORRY FOR ME BRO" backstories that felt written by teenagers on tumblr, and the voice acting amongst them was just... bad. And I take that comment personally, since my boy T. Baker was on that cast, and he's without flaw.

I felt with every new area I explored, the game was telling me "BRO, stop playing BRO". It felt like it was actively working against me. Not to mention the mind-numbing lineraity of it all. Push forward + listen to Hope whine = Final Fantasy XIII.

It was so self-unaware. Like they thought this was the brand new, sparks-flying, fireworks bursting in air HOTTEST GAME ON THE PLANET. They thought people would want to listen to hope cry for 40 hours. They thought people wanted to play through a game even more linear than Call of Duty. THEY THOUGHT WRONG.

I, on the other hand, admit to my own hubris. I want to be proven wrong. I want two things before I die: To see Capcom and Square Enix get back on track and start releasing games that wow us just like they used to.

I'm not opposed to seeing another Final Fantasy, but I am opposed to seeing another bad one. I want to see something great. I want them to put the "fantasy" back in Final Fantasy. But until then, they should find truth in the "final" part of the title and hold off on serializing at least long enough for them to get some quality in the series.

Spoiler
AND NO I DON'T MEAN "MAKE IT AN FPS, SQUARE ENIX!"

Take back the future
Message 28 of 31 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
542 posts

Jan 23, 2014

I actually liked Final Fantasy XIII. Not so much Final Fantasy XIII-2 though.

Message 29 of 31 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Jan 23, 2014

spc_warnack wrote:

I actually liked Final Fantasy XIII. Not so much Final Fantasy XIII-2 though.

Truthfully, I've never hated a game like I have Final Fantasy XIII.

I got it at the midnight launch and I was so stupidly excited for it, but that hype slowly began tapering off and I still haven't beaten it. All of the false promises from the internet "DUDE IT GETS SO MUCH BETTER AT GRAN PULSE" and then I got there and it became a grind.

If given the option to strange Hope, I would have started the game over just to feel the experience of his demise.

That game takes me to a dark place.

Take back the future
Message 30 of 31 (70 Views)
0 Likes