Mar 17 2012
By: k1lovn First Son 7 posts

Keeps shutting down

7 replies 23 views Edited Mar 17, 2012

Hello!

I Have a 60GB ps3 and i have a big problem.. unfortunate

The last couple of weeks it have freezed so that i have ben forced to turn it off by holding the ON/OFF button down..

Now this morning i cant even get it started ?!?

i press the ON/OFF button and then it comes with the green light for a second, (and starts up) but then it changes to yellow/orange (again for a second) and then it shuts down and the light turns red.. Now it keeps blinking with the red light until i press the ON/OFF button. after i press the button it just keep being red light as normal when its turned off..

WHAT TO DO? hope you can help with this problem

Message 1 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Re: Keeps shutting down

Mar 17, 2012

bad news but you have the YLOD but it means a general hardware failure,anything from hard drive to GPU which in most cases is the GPU..have you replaced the thermal paste or ever upgraded the power supply??

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 2 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 17, 2012

Thanks for answer!

But no, i havent replaced or upgraded anything. i just plugged in in years ago and then just played like normal.. but well... i guess a new ps3 is the answer to my question?

Message 3 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Mar 17, 2012

You could get your PS3 repaired, there is a company called Endless Electronics that does a great job repairing these systems, more reliably and cheaper than Sony. Having a 3rd party repair your PS3 is definately the way to go if you want to retain the data on your hard drive, Sony always wipes the hard drive when they repair your system.

You can find out more, by clicking the link below.

Message 4 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 17, 2012

big thanks for the replys! ive tried something with a blow-dryer but nothing.. so i might try the thing you said

Message 5 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Mar 17, 2012

blow dryer != heat gun

Message 6 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Mar 17, 2012

A blow drier doesn't get hot enough to do the job properly, you really need a real heat gun. Even with the heat gun, there is the real possibility that you could do it inproperly and ruin your system. That is why I suggest you use a professional repair company...

Message 7 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Mar 17, 2012

i have never used a hair dryer on a ps3 but i have one that i have used for other things that i have the intake vent 3/4 of the way blocked off and it gets to over 650 degrees but most hair dryers will probably burn the coil doing that but this old school one does it.lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 8 of 8 (23 Views)
0 Likes