Mar 02 2008
By: hiatusrift First Son 10 posts

Keep getting disconnected

10 replies 4192 views Edited Mar 2, 2008
I also as along with another I read keep getting disconnected from playing online.  Rather frustrating if you ask me.  If anybody has a possible solution, reason, or someone that might know of something please get back to me on this.  I have a belkin G plus with mimo router, a 6e cat cable hooked up to it from router to PS3.  Thank you for your time
Message 1 of 11 (4,192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9353 posts

Re: Keep getting disconnected

Mar 2, 2008
running wired, make sure you dont have any IP conflicts with other network devices you may have that would boot the ps3 off..

also DISABLE the media server function if you dont use it... under network settings on the ps3,,reboot and go from there.

hiatusrift wrote:
I also as along with another I read keep getting disconnected from playing online.  Rather frustrating if you ask me.  If anybody has a possible solution, reason, or someone that might know of something please get back to me on this.  I have a belkin G plus with mimo router, a 6e cat cable hooked up to it from router to PS3.  Thank you for your time

Yo dawg I heard you liked quantum mechanics so I didn't do anything, and I did something at the same time.
Message 2 of 11 (4,192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5903 posts

Mar 2, 2008
Have you forwarded the ports listed in the manual, the paragraph called Connecting to the Playstation Network here

If you haven't done that, have you placed your PS3 IP address into the DMZ of your router page.  You should do one or the other to have a more stable connection with the psn.  The DMZ feature of your router opens all ports for the PS3 in this case and will require you create a static IP before you begin the DMZ actions.  After you've done or or the other of these, disable UPnP in your router as well.

hiatusrift wrote:

Message 3 of 11 (4,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 24, 2008

I have the ps3 in dmz, and I made a static ip address, but then my computer does not connect to the internet if I keep it at a static ip on the router, and I can not get one from my internet supplier (Charter communications)  unless I get a business account with them, so if there is a way to keep router as static and charter as a dynamic that would be cool.....

Message 4 of 11 (4,192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5903 posts

Mar 24, 2008

hiatusrift wrote:

I have the ps3 in dmz, and I made a static ip address, but then my computer does not connect to the internet if I keep it at a static ip on the router, and I can not get one from my internet supplier (Charter communications)  unless I get a business account with them, so if there is a way to keep router as static and charter as a dynamic that would be cool.....

The IP address assigned to the PS3 and PCs are assigned by the router.  Those are the ones you need to make static.  You only need one IP from Charter.   I have one IP from Charter but my router has static IPs assigned to one PS3 and three PCs.

Are you sure you're assigning local IP addresses to your PS3 and PC and not public IPs?

Message 5 of 11 (4,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 9, 2008
hey i was curious if you ever got this fixed... i have the belkin G wireless router and i use charter cable. Everytime i sign on a game i get kicked off within a few minutes
Message 6 of 11 (4,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 12, 2008
I am not sure how to make a statis on the ps3, I made one on the router, then the next day i could not get online on my computer, so maybe i was doing something wrong.  doesn't matter anyway, my ps3 took a crap, stopped reading my games all together, had to take it in, and found out no more 80g till june, so a little miffed about that.
Message 7 of 11 (4,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 1, 2010

what should i do if i cant connect my ps3 to  the psn network . it allows me to connect to the internet but doesn't let me sign in to psn

Message 8 of 11 (4,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 1, 2010

what should i do if i cant connect my ps3 to  the psn network . it allows me to connect to the internet but doesn't let me sign in to psn....

Message 9 of 11 (4,192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 15, 2012
Restart the ps3 that's what I do.itworks every time. U are always gonna have that issue with a wireless issue with a wire less router
Message 10 of 11 (4,180 Views)
0 Likes