Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Re: Justifying the Purpose of Buying Vita games off PSN

May 7, 2012

I'm not really lazy, and I do frequent some local mom and pop games stores, but I still buy digital on the Vita. I mean just yesterday I downloaded Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. It took about 5 minutes to download and about 6 minutes to get the game updated and running. It would have taken me more than 30 minutes to get down to Walmart to buy a physical copy for the same price. The thing for me is I work all day. When I come home I don't want to have to go right back out to a Gamestop or Walmart where the employees are pissed that I'm making them work to get a game that I could have just downloaded while sitting on the patio drinking a beer. It's just convenient. I've noticed people pay for convenience. So why wouldn't we when it comes to games?

But like Philkuu said, it's risky buying digital when you have crooked companies like EA turning peoples games off. So in some cases it probably is best to buy at retail. I know I'm going to buy LittleBigPlanet and Resistance at retail mostly because my 32gb card is full of music and games already.

Message 11 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

May 8, 2012

Personally i would just buy PSN exclusive game only and Buy retail game since it's more safe as you can trade it back if some thing happen.

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 12 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

May 9, 2012

The prices on PSN are always so out of touch with reality that I swear everyone at Sony spends all day getting high and then activating their randomn number generator for the prices. Going all digital makes absolutely no sense at this point. The memory cards are so expensive and there is no resale value in digital games. I never thought about the pre order thing but that needs to be considered as well because if they want to push people into the digital market they need to make sure that both physical and digital games are atleast swinging from the same ball park.

Message 13 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

May 9, 2012

I buy physical copies most of the time anyway. I heard something earlier that going digital would be at least 20% less than physical copies. I don't know if that's true or not however.

Message 14 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

May 10, 2012

Digital are 5% cheaper then physical and they can be download again, so that mean if you buy them, you own them for good, but it would be suck if someday Sony decide to close-down PSN for a month like in the past, lol, I hated that "time" and i don't want it to be back again, don't you agree my good man?

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 15 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

May 10, 2012

Ah ok. I wasn't sure how much digital was cheaper. It is said that PSN is more secure, but I still have my doubts about it.

Message 16 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

May 13, 2012

CircleBoi6 wrote:

Ah ok. I wasn't sure how much digital was cheaper. It is said that PSN is more secure, but I still have my doubts about it.

Heh.  That's what we all thought last year, eh?  I suppose the signs were all there, in retrospect.  If Sony was any good at secure programming they wouldn't spend as much time playing whack-a-mole with the hackers as they do.  I swear at least half of the fimware updates we've gotten for the PS3, PSP, & Vita have been specifically to close holes in their stack.

Message 17 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

May 13, 2012

I started buying physical copies for the Vita, 3 of them in fact-they don't even have cool little books in them, it's just a box with a card in it. It is annoying to know that I've been playing a game for awhile, switch it, then put it back in and have it say I'm playing it for the first time. I want to be done with Uncharted, I passed it, I should move on-but every time I get a gift from Near, I have to put Uncharted back in. That irks me. It's too time consuming, . If I sold my copy, I wouldn't even be able to do that anymore-and I still have a few relic spots to fill. With downloaded games, you don't have to deal with all that annoyance and irkyness.

But then again, I had a panicky moment when my memory card got full and I switched to a different one and all my stuff was gone. Decided that was a very bad thing and am only going to use 1 card from now on. Had to delete a bunch of music and a movie, but oh well.

I think they can afford to give us a break on downloads, because really, we are the only people who get to ever play that copy and there is no middle man, it's all computerized. 5% seems pretty small in the scheme of things. Is there any Plus discount added? Not that I've noticed. Anyhoo, I really shouldn't be typing this late, no clue what I was getting at....

Message 18 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 22, 2012

I would much rather have the game available for download.  It keeps me tight without haveing to carry other carts/accesories.  I do not have to change out a cart to play a different game.  That is where the lazy comes into play, no cart swapping.

Message 19 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

May 23, 2012

moneymakinmj wrote:

Seriously Sony,

Why are games as much as their physical counter-parts on PSN? I know Sony doesn't set the price for Digital Downloads, the developers do but they can implement that the price of the download should be %5 off the retail price. PSN Vita games should be $34.99, $35.99 across the board. There shouldn't be full $39.99 games on the PSN.

Also i wanted to talk about Pre-Orders. People who pre-order Physical games get Bonuses, etc, etc.. Which usually come in the form of an unlcok code. Why aren't digital buyers able to recieve these bonuses as well? I want to download Resistance on My Vita's Memory Card, but if i do i wont be able to take part in the Extra stuff being giving out to people who go physical and then what would be my purpose of buying a 32gb Memory card?

If Sony wants to win the masses over. It needs to make Ps Store really Viable. If not with 3rd party games, at the very least their 1st party titles.

What do you guys think?

Why should you guys get stuff cheaper off PSN???  You're not the one having to carry around a game card with you!!!!  If anyone should be getting discounts, it should be the people who have to carry their game cards with them!!

Message 20 of 34 (66 Views)
0 Likes