Sackboy
462 posts

Re: Just ruined my thumbstick, yay.

Dec 4, 2012

LazyShady wrote:

Look for the post that you want to reply to, Hit the reply button the that post and once your text editor loads hit "Quote".  The person post you hit reply to will appear instantly. 

I learned that few hours back luckly Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 47 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Dang, and I thought i played hard with my Vita.... Anyway, it looks like it has a "locking" thingy. Like this: /\/\ where in the middle it looks like it can snap back in. Not sure though, but uh yeah.....

By the way, how did you do such thing!?

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 22 of 47 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

Dang, and I thought i played hard with my Vita.... Anyway, it looks like it has a "locking" thingy. Like this: /\/\ where in the middle it looks like it can snap back in. Not sure though, but uh yeah.....

There are actually 4 pieces of rubber that extend into the main body of the thumbpad so it stays secure, and the body of the thumbstick has hole for it (from what I saw). If you rub against the lisp were the center turns into the plastic enough it will happen.

Message 23 of 47 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Dec 4, 2012

MikanYui11 wrote:

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

There are actually 4 pieces of plastic that extend into the main body of the thumbpad so it stays secure. If you rub against the lisp were the center turns into the plastic enough it will happen.

Yup. Your nails.

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 24 of 47 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Dec 4, 2012

LazyShady wrote:

MikanYui11 wrote:

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

There are actually 4 pieces of plastic that extend into the main body of the thumbpad so it stays secure. If you rub against the lisp were the center turns into the plastic enough it will happen.

Yup. Your nails.

So quick to blame le nails. Cat Mad

Message 25 of 47 (117 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Dec 4, 2012

MikanYui11 wrote:

._. Why would I wanna meet someone of my own gender, thats boring. (How 2 quote?! new forums confuse me)

I guess I will get the thumbpads for the white vita... I just pushed down on the broken ones for awhile till it got smoothed out again, giving this one to boytoy anyways... aka not my problemo anymore.  Its still...really amusing how easily that happened. maybe all the friction with nails, maybe...

<_<...

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 26 of 47 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Dec 4, 2012

LazyShady wrote:

MikanYui11 wrote:

._. Why would I wanna meet someone of my own gender, thats boring. (How 2 quote?! new forums confuse me)

I guess I will get the thumbpads for the white vita... I just pushed down on the broken ones for awhile till it got smoothed out again, giving this one to boytoy anyways... aka not my problemo anymore.  Its still...really amusing how easily that happened. maybe all the friction with nails, maybe...

<_<...

Smiley Tongue I said maybe

Message 27 of 47 (114 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Dec 4, 2012

The only thing on the Vita I don't like that worries me is how flimsy the L & R buttons are, they wiggle fairly easily and I have to press them fairly hard to get them to register. I really notice this in Wipeout 2048, I can press it in to where I feel it click but it's still not enough unless I press harder.

On topic: I have no clue how you broke your thumbstick playing a turn based RPG...

Message 28 of 47 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Dec 4, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

The only thing on the Vita I don't like that worries me is how flimsy the L & R buttons are, they wiggle fairly easily and I have to press them fairly hard to get them to register. I really notice this in Wipeout 2048, I can press it in to where I feel it click but it's still not enough unless I press harder.

On topic: I have no clue how you broke your thumbstick playing a turn based RPG...

I had the same thing happen to me while I was playing Uncharted, but I guess I got used to it and I don't really have to press down hard or in an exact spot to have my L/R button to register. It's still feels flimsy as peanuts though.

On topic: Perhaps by selecting menus or items? To me it looks like someone raged quit.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 29 of 47 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me while I was playing Uncharted, but I guess I got used to it and I don't really have to press down hard or in an exact spot to have my L/R button to register. It's still feels flimsy as peanuts though.

On topic: Perhaps by selecting menus or items? To me it looks like someone raged quit.

Alot of the game is running around possibly 80% of it lol

Message 30 of 47 (89 Views)
0 Likes