Sackboy
461 posts

Re: Just ruined my thumbstick, yay.

Dec 6, 2012

WorcesterRaider wrote:

Dunno if this was mentioned already, but maybe the heat from your thumbs and the heat from the Vita caused the adhesive to fail that holds it to the thumstick.  Dunno...just a guess.

Theres actually no glue from what I saw when I pulled it off entirely. :catwink: with that said though it can be pushed back into place, but if your not careful with aligning the center you can get an odd bump.

Message 41 of 47 (217 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

MikanYui11 wrote:

This pretty much seals the deal... the little red dot that tells you whats Left and right on the earbuds? it fell off. A little more QA sony ><, please or start making Mikan-spec products.

rgg

Should get some headphones, had this pair of Sony headphones for years and they are pretty good. I use them mainly for playing games or just listening to music on something.

MDR-XD100

/sc_B0007N55NM-01

Mom bought them for me ages ago and I thought they would be crap cause she just grabbed them from some bargain bin but they have rich bass and very accurate sound. Whatever the case, MDR seriers by Sony, they are really good. I just needed a crappy pair to take around for my Akai, Vita and other portable crap, they turned out to be keepers surprisingly.

Should be fairly cheap also, they don't look bad either for older headphones and honestly are the most comfortable headphones I have had along with pairs that cost over $1000. Pretty sure you can find newer MDR versions that are better for just as cheap.

It's rare I would ever recommend headphones like these since I am an audiophile, I normally would never suggest anything other than Audio-Technica or Audeze headphones but they aren't for the normal user, very expensive. I will say those Sony MDR series do the job very well and are reasonably priced, they replicate sound literally almost as good as my very expensive headphones.

Audio-Technica ATH-W3000

Audio-Technica ATH-W3000

Audeze LCD-3

Audeze LCD-3

I have these also and these Sony's are mighty good compared to them believe it or not. So I just think it has to do with earbuds, they all mainly suck no offense.

I personally hate all earbuds but that is me.

Message 42 of 47 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Dec 6, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

MikanYui11 wrote:

This pretty much seals the deal... the little red dot that tells you whats Left and right on the earbuds? it fell off. A little more QA sony ><, please or start making Mikan-spec products.

Should get some headphones, had this pair of Sony headphones for years and they are pretty good. I use them mainly for playing games or just listening to music on something.

MDR-XD100

Mom bought them for me ages ago and I thought they would be crap cause she just grabbed them from some bargain bin but they have rich bass and very accurate sound. Whatever the case, MDR seriers by Sony, they are really good. I just needed a crappy pair to take around for my Akai, Vita and other portable crap, they turned out to be keepers surprisingly.

Should be fairly cheap also, they don't look bad either for older headphones and honestly are the most comfortable headphones I have had along with pairs that cost over $1000. Pretty sure you can find newer MDR versions that are better for just as cheap.

It's rare I would ever recommend headphones like these since I am an audiophile, I normally would never suggest anything other than Audio-Technica or Audeze headphones but they aren't for the normal user, very expensive. I will say those Sony MDR series do the job very well and are reasonably priced, they replicate sound literally almost as good as my very expensive headphones.

Audio-Technica ATH-W3000

Audeze LCD-3

I have these also and these Sony's are mighty good compared to them believe it or not. So I just think it has to do with earbuds, they all mainly suck no offense.

I own K701, K167, Q460, D7000 and K830BT. I bought the vita earphones on impulse when I picked up first edition, kind of those "Im spending x much anyways 20 bucks wont hurt and im a curious monkey to hear how they sound" to say the least, they proved to be quite the performers especially with an E11....Better then any IEM Ive tried under $80.

Message 43 of 47 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

MikanYui11 wrote:

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

MikanYui11 wrote:

MDR-XD100

Audio-Technica ATH-W3000

Audeze LCD-3

I own K701, K167, Q460, D7000 and K830BT. I bought the vita earphones on impulse when I picked up first edition, kind of those "Im spending x much anyways 20 bucks wont hurt and im a curious monkey to hear how they sound" to say the least, they proved to be quite the performers especially with an E11....Better then any IEM Ive tried under $80.

Lol strong supporter of the Vita I see, it's all good, keep up the good work. 20 bucks is a lot to me.

Message 44 of 47 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

lol what ._.

anyways... I do that with all cheap IEMs, get em to see quality.

Message 45 of 47 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 8, 2012

MikanYui11 wrote:

For the thumbstick it was just alot of running around in multiple directions for about...80~ hours? of intense (About 4 charges a day, 2 extended battery chargers + a 2750 Mah sony eco charger) I would always center my finger around the center for grip. After awhile I noticed the edges were becoming less and less flush which would be the warning sign.

As for the headphones I have no idea... I use them normally never dropped them or jerked them. Honestly the red dot falling out I found to be a better feature. now when you cannot see the earpieces you know which side is which because the indented side would be right side no matter what, unless other side falls off too.

I still do not understand what you do differently. I know a similar thing could happen to the playstation classic and playstation 2 control analog sticks. The thing is how it would happen is by getting your nail near the area where the grip ends.
 like tilting your thumb a bit. I have played many hours multiple directions and no problems. (way more then 80+ hours to be honest.)

I wish I new why. I have my analog sticks in the middle of my thumbs as my thumbs pointing forward.  I can't say I sweet a lot though.

the ear bud things sounded like maybe they got a little wet from sweet or water or just wet hair. (some head phones hate any moisture of any kind.)  Anyway Sorry about your stuff. Wish I could help you at least not do it again. (Which it could if I could figure out the difference between me and you in that regard.)

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 46 of 47 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 8, 2012

That sucks!

Equally freaking out about my X button.  Feels different from all the others, like on the verge of breaking.

Message 47 of 47 (168 Views)
0 Likes