Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Re: Just ruined my thumbstick, yay.

Dec 5, 2012

Y'know... even by just "runnin' aroun'", I stil don't get how you did that... lol oh well. :smileytongue:

(She prolly got mad and threw it at the wall or a random cat near her house or.................. aliens.)  still, it's funny.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 47 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

Y'know... even by just "runnin' aroun'", I stil don't get how you did that... lol oh well. :smileytongue:

(She prolly got mad and threw it at the wall or a random cat near her house or.................. aliens.)  still, it's funny.

Abusing consoles doesnt fix any issues :smileytongue: image shows its flawless asides from that anyways so 10 months of care

though aliens did call me to ask to borrow it for "probing"

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 47 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Dec 5, 2012

the whole top of the vita thumb stick is a replacable part (once the top cover is off) sony should be able to fix this for you no problems.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 47 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Just like replacing an iPhone screen.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 47 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

rego00123 wrote:

the whole top of the vita thumb stick is a replacable part (once the top cover is off) sony should be able to fix this for you no problems.

Therein lies the problem. My vita is my baby, and.... when I asked I was told I'de most likely get a refurb... ick. Screen protector was not cheap for a screen protector.... (Pretty much grabbed every vita accessory I saw when checking out that was official brand at pre-launch)

I've had hell before with sony support -_-

A) I send PS3 in to get fixed, they wiped it all or gave me a refurb (Didnt have orig. box not sure) (bye bye anime I bought!) I get it back... and I call support to tell them, hey... you guys the ps3 I was given after repair doesnt contain any of the previous data, and I bought tonsa anime! They give me the usual "did sony tell you to wipe your system?" - no...I got it this way - then they gave me the full circle until they "tried" to allow me to activate my grace re-downloads but, oh... my oh my they said they couldnt since I was not told to format, told? Im not the one who did it -_- so the system would not "let them"

> Sorry still ticked at that.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 47 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Yikes, seems like there have been some solutions already mentioned. 

I noticed a creaking sound in the shoulder buttons when I was playing Pinball Arcade, I was pressing too hard so I have tried not to go nuts.  Good to know about the thumbsticks too.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 47 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Dec 6, 2012

This pretty much seals the deal... the little red dot that tells you whats Left and right on the earbuds? it fell off. A little more QA sony ><, please or start making Mikan-spec products.

rgg

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 47 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 6, 2012

MikanYui11 How did you do that? to your thumbstick? like how do you normally play? Also how did your red dot on your ear buds just fall off? 

I only ask because I have never had these problems ever with anything. So I wonder what you do compared to what I do.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 47 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

MikanYui11 How did you do that? to your thumbstick? like how do you normally play? Also how did your red dot on your ear buds just fall off? 

I only ask because I have never had these problems ever with anything. So I wonder what you do compared to what I do.

For the thumbstick it was just alot of running around in multiple directions for about...80~ hours? of intense (About 4 charges a day, 2 extended battery chargers + a 2750 Mah sony eco charger) I would always center my finger around the center for grip. After awhile I noticed the edges were becoming less and less flush which would be the warning sign.

As for the headphones I have no idea... I use them normally never dropped them or jerked them. Honestly the red dot falling out I found to be a better feature. now when you cannot see the earpieces you know which side is which because the indented side would be right side no matter what, unless other side falls off too.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 47 (55 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Dunno if this was mentioned already, but maybe the heat from your thumbs and the heat from the Vita caused the adhesive to fail that holds it to the thumstick.  Dunno...just a guess.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 47 (51 Views)
0 Likes