Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/05/2008
Offline
633 posts
 

Re: Just release the PS4 already!

Aug 6, 2012

No need for the PS4 yet. Ppl are still happy with what the PS3 has to offer. The PS4 isn't gonna be what u expect for one reason. The reason being that the creator and genius mind that brought us the PS1, PS2, and PS3 is no longer at Sony. Also I highly doubt it will be backwards compatible. So be very careful what u wish for. P.L.U.R!

Message 21 of 50 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/05/2008
Offline
633 posts
 

Re: Just release the PS4 already!

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2012

GodzApostle wrote:

"Why are so many of you riding sony. And btw i have 3 ps3's and a 360 so its not just the ps3 that has got stagnant. Consoles in general should not have a life cycle of more than 5 years."

 

I wrote: 

Sony knows whats up. Just look at the PS2 still selling well into the PS3 cycle. If Sony thought like that the PS2 wouldn't have been the best selling console of all time. Maybe they tryin for a repeat with the PS3.

Message 22 of 50 (181 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/07/2010
Offline
119 posts
 

Re: Just release the PS4 already!

Aug 6, 2012
I love my PS3 and I'm constantly en- Oh no, quickly! Isolate him! He has COD disease! Quarantine! Quarantine! Get me a Playstation exclusive, Infamous or Uncharted, those will flush his system clean!
GamerKid700 Trophy Card
Message 23 of 50 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 02/19/2003
Offline
14053 posts
 

Re: Just release the PS4 already!

Aug 11, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GodzApostle wrote:
Why are so many of you riding sony. And btw i have 3 ps3's and a 360 so its not just the ps3 that has got stagnant. Consoles in general should not have a life cycle of more than 5 years.

Im sorry some of you are dirt poor and want others to be held back so you can have a few more years to show off a console that was outdated 2 years after launch. but the vast majority of long time ps3 owners want to see the ps4 already


Where in the Great Tenets of Gamer Logic does it state that? Or is it that Generation Y, who wants things NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOW!, believes that if anything is "old" then it can't be good? Or can it be if something isn't "new", then it isn't advanced? I know that there's this thinking by the short attention span crowd that things have to be updated every six months, but this is not one of those things that needs to be.

 

Besides, what's the hurry? We're still getting good games out of a six year old console. I know that this doesn't follow the standard gamer logic release pattern of a new console every six years, however I'm willing to ride the wave as far as it takes me. 

 


Now if you could have only followed your own logic when you were on the Socom 4 forums scolding the fans for thinking the old formula was far better and argued the case for them making those changes even though you have never played a round of any Socom game in your life.  It's clear by your posting you're only interested in playing Sony bodyguard on these boards and simply argue against anyone who doesn't fall in line with every single decision Sony makes. Even when it's not a complaint thread and a simple suggestion for improvement you attack like a Sony paid for troll and your responses are usually filled with sarcasm and name calling that would get pretty much anyone else banned from the boards.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 24 of 50 (144 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 08/01/2009
Offline
46 posts
 

Re: Just release the PS4 already!

Aug 11, 2012

Keep wanted it NOW because it isn't coming out anytime soon.

Message 25 of 50 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
25466 posts
 

Re: Just release the PS4 already!

Aug 11, 2012

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GodzApostle wrote:
Why are so many of you riding sony. And btw i have 3 ps3's and a 360 so its not just the ps3 that has got stagnant. Consoles in general should not have a life cycle of more than 5 years.

Im sorry some of you are dirt poor and want others to be held back so you can have a few more years to show off a console that was outdated 2 years after launch. but the vast majority of long time ps3 owners want to see the ps4 already


Where in the Great Tenets of Gamer Logic does it state that? Or is it that Generation Y, who wants things NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOW!, believes that if anything is "old" then it can't be good? Or can it be if something isn't "new", then it isn't advanced? I know that there's this thinking by the short attention span crowd that things have to be updated every six months, but this is not one of those things that needs to be.

 

Besides, what's the hurry? We're still getting good games out of a six year old console. I know that this doesn't follow the standard gamer logic release pattern of a new console every six years, however I'm willing to ride the wave as far as it takes me. 

 


Now if you could have only followed your own logic when you were on the Socom 4 forums scolding the fans for thinking the old formula was far better and argued the case for them making those changes even though you have never played a round of any Socom game in your life.  It's clear by your posting you're only interested in playing Sony bodyguard on these boards and simply argue against anyone who doesn't fall in line with every single decision Sony makes. Even when it's not a complaint thread and a simple suggestion for improvement you attack like a Sony paid for troll and your responses are usually filled with sarcasm and name calling that would get pretty much anyone else banned from the boards.

 

You seem to grasp the words, however not the context, which you seem to feel is malaeable to your own needs. See here's the thing; unlike yourself I understand the creative process. Creative people need to be free to create without interference. I still stand behind that statement, and I don't  apologize for it. When it comes to games, music, art, film, or what have you. Creative people need that freedom. Yet "gamers" seem to think creating something is like going to Subway, where you can dictate the ingredients. It's not. You don't do anything great when the standard you're using is what's known as McDonaldization (yes, that's an actual term). 

 

You want to apply the same standard to every situation. You simply can not, just as you can not handcuff creative people to repeat the same formula over and over again. Whether or not you want to admit it, Zipper still owned the SOCOM series, and you had absolutely no say or authority in dictating the terms of how they should make the game. As I always say, I have no business telling Sir Paul McCartney how to make records, and you have no business telling Zipper how to make video games, despite how you think the "community" had ownership of the series. I still stand by saying that if Zipper wanted to make a mahjong game, they had every right to do so. You, of course, have every right not to buy it. However that's where your input both begins and ends as a consumer. You are not a director. You are not a game designer. Just as I am not a filmaker, or a record producer. If you can't grasp that, then godspeed. 

 

Message 26 of 50 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 02/19/2003
Offline
14053 posts
 

Re: Just release the PS4 already!

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GodzApostle wrote:
Why are so many of you riding sony. And btw i have 3 ps3's and a 360 so its not just the ps3 that has got stagnant. Consoles in general should not have a life cycle of more than 5 years.

Im sorry some of you are dirt poor and want others to be held back so you can have a few more years to show off a console that was outdated 2 years after launch. but the vast majority of long time ps3 owners want to see the ps4 already


Where in the Great Tenets of Gamer Logic does it state that? Or is it that Generation Y, who wants things NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOW!, believes that if anything is "old" then it can't be good? Or can it be if something isn't "new", then it isn't advanced? I know that there's this thinking by the short attention span crowd that things have to be updated every six months, but this is not one of those things that needs to be.

 

Besides, what's the hurry? We're still getting good games out of a six year old console. I know that this doesn't follow the standard gamer logic release pattern of a new console every six years, however I'm willing to ride the wave as far as it takes me. 

 


Now if you could have only followed your own logic when you were on the Socom 4 forums scolding the fans for thinking the old formula was far better and argued the case for them making those changes even though you have never played a round of any Socom game in your life.  It's clear by your posting you're only interested in playing Sony bodyguard on these boards and simply argue against anyone who doesn't fall in line with every single decision Sony makes. Even when it's not a complaint thread and a simple suggestion for improvement you attack like a Sony paid for troll and your responses are usually filled with sarcasm and name calling that would get pretty much anyone else banned from the boards.

 

You seem to grasp the words, however not the context, which you seem to feel is malaeable to your own needs. See here's the thing; unlike yourself I understand the creative process. Creative people need to be free to create without interference. I still stand behind that statement, and I don't  apologize for it. When it comes to games, music, art, film, or what have you. Creative people need that freedom. Yet "gamers" seem to think creating something is like going to Subway, where you can dictate the ingredients. It's not. You don't do anything great when the standard you're using is what's known as McDonaldization (yes, that's an actual term). 

 

You want to apply the same standard to every situation. You simply can not, just as you can not handcuff creative people to repeat the same formula over and over again. Whether or not you want to admit it, Zipper still owned the SOCOM series, and you had absolutely no say or authority in dictating the terms of how they should make the game. As I always say, I have no business telling Sir Paul McCartney how to make records, and you have no business telling Zipper how to make video games, despite how you think the "community" had ownership of the series. I still stand by saying that if Zipper wanted to make a mahjong game, they had every right to do so. You, of course, have every right not to buy it. However that's where your input both begins and ends as a consumer. You are not a director. You are not a game designer. Just as I am not a filmaker, or a record producer. If you can't grasp that, then godspeed. 

 


Trying to use fancy words and make it sound like there was some bigger thought process then what was applied won't change it. Here let me simplify it for you. There were a lot of Socom fans waiting for a true Socom game from the original developer especially after the disaster Confrontation was. You came on mocking the fans for wanting the game to keep the better features set which you still can't even comprehend what are argument was cause you've never played Socom.

 

Now tell me how this makes sense. They ignore the fans in the market for a Socom game. They appease the stances of people like yourself who have no stake at all in Socom and no plans to buy it or play it and say they should ignore the fans.  The result is the people wanting a Socom game pass on it and the people like you who defended it tooth and nail didn't support or buy that product that you felt this overwhelming need to defend. Zipper goes out of business and took such a beating over that game that Sony outright canned the company and all its employees and didn't even fold them into other first party studios.

 

You talk about creative this and creative that. There was nothing creative about the way Socom 4 was created which was obvious to Socom fans as well as confirmed by a former Zipper employee who shed some light on what happened. They had people who wear suits and don't even play video games telling them to make it sell they simply needed to copy and paste feature from the other shooters such as COD, Uncharted, etc. It turned out the way you'd expect when a long running franchise copies and pastes features just for the sake of change with the end product feeling like a generic version of every other shooter on the market and many reviewers backed up that sentiment.  You just argue to tow the line for Sony, always have and always will regardless if it's logical or insanely illogical at times. You're stance on everything is already predetermined, if Sony decides it, anyone who dare have a different view is a moron who would "cut off their nose to spite their face" in your book. They made a bad frankenstein game following a protocol that if you copy and paste features from other popular games and ignore your fanbase it will sell. They are out of business for that fatal mistake we all saw coming from a mile away. Of course you would have thought at that time it was completely absurd and irrational to think they could go out of business for upsetting the majority of their fans cause how could Sony possibly do anything wrong or make a bad decision right? lol.

 

P.S. If I am wrong that you don't always just roam the forums looking to argue with anyone for any suggestion that is contrary to a Sony decision, please open up your archives and start browsing your own posts and find me the ones where you don't do that.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 27 of 50 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/24/2007
Online
15772 posts
 

Re: Just release the PS4 already!

Aug 11, 2012

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GodzApostle wrote:
Why are so many of you riding sony. And btw i have 3 ps3's and a 360 so its not just the ps3 that has got stagnant. Consoles in general should not have a life cycle of more than 5 years.

Im sorry some of you are dirt poor and want others to be held back so you can have a few more years to show off a console that was outdated 2 years after launch. but the vast majority of long time ps3 owners want to see the ps4 already


Where in the Great Tenets of Gamer Logic does it state that? Or is it that Generation Y, who wants things NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOW!, believes that if anything is "old" then it can't be good? Or can it be if something isn't "new", then it isn't advanced? I know that there's this thinking by the short attention span crowd that things have to be updated every six months, but this is not one of those things that needs to be.

 

Besides, what's the hurry? We're still getting good games out of a six year old console. I know that this doesn't follow the standard gamer logic release pattern of a new console every six years, however I'm willing to ride the wave as far as it takes me. 

 


Now if you could have only followed your own logic when you were on the Socom 4 forums scolding the fans for thinking the old formula was far better and argued the case for them making those changes even though you have never played a round of any Socom game in your life.  It's clear by your posting you're only interested in playing Sony bodyguard on these boards and simply argue against anyone who doesn't fall in line with every single decision Sony makes. Even when it's not a complaint thread and a simple suggestion for improvement you attack like a Sony paid for troll and your responses are usually filled with sarcasm and name calling that would get pretty much anyone else banned from the boards.

 

You seem to grasp the words, however not the context, which you seem to feel is malaeable to your own needs. See here's the thing; unlike yourself I understand the creative process. Creative people need to be free to create without interference. I still stand behind that statement, and I don't  apologize for it. When it comes to games, music, art, film, or what have you. Creative people need that freedom. Yet "gamers" seem to think creating something is like going to Subway, where you can dictate the ingredients. It's not. You don't do anything great when the standard you're using is what's known as McDonaldization (yes, that's an actual term). 

 

You want to apply the same standard to every situation. You simply can not, just as you can not handcuff creative people to repeat the same formula over and over again. Whether or not you want to admit it, Zipper still owned the SOCOM series, and you had absolutely no say or authority in dictating the terms of how they should make the game. As I always say, I have no business telling Sir Paul McCartney how to make records, and you have no business telling Zipper how to make video games, despite how you think the "community" had ownership of the series. I still stand by saying that if Zipper wanted to make a mahjong game, they had every right to do so. You, of course, have every right not to buy it. However that's where your input both begins and ends as a consumer. You are not a director. You are not a game designer. Just as I am not a filmaker, or a record producer. If you can't grasp that, then godspeed. 

 


Trying to use fancy words and make it sound like there was some bigger thought process then what was applied won't change it. Here let me simplify it for you. There were a lot of Socom fans waiting for a true Socom game from the original developer especially after the disaster Confrontation was. You came on mocking the fans for wanting the game to keep the better features set which you still can't even comprehend what are argument was cause you've never played Socom.

 

Now tell me how this makes sense. They ignore the fans in the market for a Socom game. They appease the stances of people like yourself who have no stake at all in Socom and no plans to buy it or play it and say they should ignore the fans.  The result is the people wanting a Socom game pass on it and the people like you who defended it tooth and nail didn't support or buy that product that you felt this overwhelming need to defend. Zipper goes out of business and took such a beating over that game that Sony outright canned the company and all its employees and didn't even fold them into other first party studios.

 

You talk about creative this and creative that. There was nothing creative about the way Socom 4 was created which was obvious to Socom fans as well as confirmed by a former Zipper employee who shed some light on what happened. They had people who wear suits and don't even play video games telling them to make it sell they simply needed to copy and paste feature from the other shooters such as COD, Uncharted, etc. It turned out the way you'd expect when a long running franchise copies and pastes features just for the sake of change with the end product feeling like a generic version of every other shooter on the market and many reviewers backed up that sentiment.  You just argue to tow the line for Sony, always have and always will regardless if it's logical or insanely illogical at times. You're stance on everything is already predetermined, if Sony decides it, anyone who dare have a different view is a moron who would "cut off their nose to spite their face" in your book. They made a bad frankenstein game following a protocol that if you copy and paste features from other popular games and ignore your fanbase it will sell. They are out of business for that fatal mistake we all saw coming from a mile away. Of course you would have thought at that time it was completely absurd and irrational to think they could go out of business for upsetting the majority of their fans cause how could Sony possibly do anything wrong or make a bad decision right? lol.

 

P.S. If I am wrong that you don't always just roam the forums looking to argue with anyone for any suggestion that is contrary to a Sony decision, please open up your archives and start browsing your own posts and find me the ones where you don't do that.


Your entire logic on Socom4 used as an example, is on the basis that everything has to be the same as the previous to be successful..... OBVIOUSLY Socom4 was different.... and it showed.... lackluster sales. Guess what happened later on? No more Socom for the forseeable future.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up


Message 28 of 50 (119 Views)
First Son
Registered: 11/12/2005
Offline
22 posts
 

Re: Just release the PS4 already!

Aug 12, 2012

Jack Tretton (President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America): "I think, if you look back at history we’ve never been first, we’ve never been cheapest, it’s about being best. And I think if you can build a better machine and it’s gonna come out a little bit later, that’s better than rushing something to market that’s gonna run out of gas for the long term. I think, ideally, in a perfect world, you want the best machine that ships first, that’s the cheapest. But the number one goal is to have the best machine, and that’s what we’re always focused on." :smileyvery-happy:

Message 29 of 50 (107 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/10/2008
Offline
1254 posts
 

Re: Just release the PS4 already!

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

GodzApostle wrote:
Why are so many of you riding sony. And btw i have 3 ps3's and a 360 so its not just the ps3 that has got stagnant. Consoles in general should not have a life cycle of more than 5 years.

Im sorry some of you are dirt poor and want others to be held back so you can have a few more years to show off a console that was outdated 2 years after launch. but the vast majority of long time ps3 owners want to see the ps4 already


Where in the Great Tenets of Gamer Logic does it state that? Or is it that Generation Y, who wants things NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOW!, believes that if anything is "old" then it can't be good? Or can it be if something isn't "new", then it isn't advanced? I know that there's this thinking by the short attention span crowd that things have to be updated every six months, but this is not one of those things that needs to be.

 

Besides, what's the hurry? We're still getting good games out of a six year old console. I know that this doesn't follow the standard gamer logic release pattern of a new console every six years, however I'm willing to ride the wave as far as it takes me. 

 

 



Its not all about now now now.  Its more like we are used to things only lasting so long as things are not made of the same quality as they were "back in the day"  Gen Y as you say is much more used to constant change and updating.  Raised with and grew up with PC's changing and new operating systems always experiencing new things.  Just look at how much phones have changed a lot of us just think of a phone as a phone not even realizing how much they have changed being able to play games and surf the web.  Tech has come a long way in the last several years you just thinking gen Y just wants everything now now now is just a bad stereo type.  Times have changed gen Y is not used to things staying the same for 15+ years.  smartphones, HDTV, Wireless electronics, surround sound, cartridge games to CD games to DVD games to blu-ray games.  gen Y has a different mindset and is always wanting to learn and adapt to new things.  I believe Gen Y will keep up with technology much better then past gens like my parents can barely work a laptop when now you can actually build PC's in high school and also work on software stuff.  You are basically being a bully by posting this stuff and others don't feel like posting they disagree with you as they feel they will get attacked by you and your friends.  You may not be ready for a PS4 but you are not everybody.  Respect others opinions.

 

 

 

gojeff99
Message 30 of 50 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes