Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/09/2010
Offline
2090 posts
 

Re: Just out of curosity

Jan 25, 2012

mikezmac wrote:

Wipeout 2048 has an 8G minimum requirement to play... Im buying the games and not doing the digital. I have a feeling Ill need a 32G card soon enough even still,

I think you read something wrong somewhere http://www.amazon.com/wipEout-2048-playstation-vita/dp/B0050SW8AC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1327475075&...   8mb not 8gb for saves. 1024mb=1gb btw.

____________________________________________________________
Want a option to buy avatar's on the ps vita's psn store. Then vote on the link by copying it to your web browser.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 11 of 17 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/08/2008
Offline
498 posts
 

Re: Just out of curosity

Jan 25, 2012

mikezmac wrote:

Wipeout 2048 has an 8G minimum requirement to play... Im buying the games and not doing the digital. I have a feeling Ill need a 32G card soon enough even still,

Do you have source for that information? It's rather alarming to see it needing that space available, here is the current list we know so far for NA games:

WipEout 2048: 1.6GB

Reality Fighters: 670MB

Uncharted: Golden Abyss: 3.3GB

Everybody’s Golf 6: 1.2GB

ModNation Racers: 1.4GB

Little Deviants: 1GB

It has wipeout pegged at 1.6GB to download, so it should be ok, however if it is massively compressed (which it might be judging by loading times) then I could see it along with saves etc going beyond the limit of a 4gb card, pushing the recommended size to 8gb.

Message 12 of 17 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/26/2009
Offline
153 posts
 

Re: Just out of curosity

Jan 25, 2012

I saw it on the back of the box at game stop. I sincerely hope I ready that wrong. most the other gamesa I saw were 1G to 4G, I couda sworn this one said 8G.. next time I go in Ill take a pic of the back of the case to be certain and post that.

Message 13 of 17 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/08/2008
Offline
498 posts
 

Re: Just out of curosity

Jan 25, 2012

mikezmac wrote:

I saw it on the back of the box at game stop. I sincerely hope I ready that wrong. most the other gamesa I saw were 1G to 4G, I couda sworn this one said 8G.. next time I go in Ill take a pic of the back of the case to be certain and post that.

If you could grab a pic and toss it up here that would be pretty massive breaking news for all of us, if they really do have games releasing with at least 8gb required, then the community would really need to act on that fast to get Sony's stance on why smaller cards are being offered.

Thank you for the heads up and hopefully we can get to the bottom of that, again that would be a really big hit to anyone doing digital downloads if it is true

Message 14 of 17 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/16/2006
Offline
2666 posts
 

Re: Just out of curosity

Jan 25, 2012

Can save you all the trouble.

I have Wipeout 2048, and it only needs the 1.6g plus a couple of MB for the save.

Yes, the load times are crazy though!

I own quite a few games now, and none of them require any more than the download file size.

Message 15 of 17 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/08/2008
Offline
498 posts
 

Re: Just out of curosity

Jan 25, 2012

gasmask wrote:

Can save you all the trouble.

I have Wipeout 2048, and it only needs the 1.6g plus a couple of MB for the save.

Yes, the load times are crazy though!

I own quite a few games now, and none of them require any more than the download file size.

Thank you for clearing that up for us, that is a huge relief

Message 16 of 17 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
538 posts
 

Re: Just out of curosity

Jan 25, 2012

The only games I'm going to buy digitally are those only available on the PSN. Any games also available as physical retail versions that how I plan on buying them.

Message 17 of 17 (7 Views)
Reply
0 Likes