Feb 03 2014
By: Legion_of_Dreams Lombax Warrior 202 posts

Just held a PS4 controller for the first time!

[ Edited ]
5 replies 258 views Edited Feb 13, 2014

as most of you who have seen my previous posts, I don't intend to get a PS4 until after a year or two go by so that all the tiny (if you agree or not) little problems get worked out.

1. option to turn off controller light.

2.prevent the wobble (that many care about, and many don't)

3. bunch of other little problems + (also waiting for more games to come out on it)

but now, finally, I held a REAL PS4 controller and I can really say it feels great, its like the new nintendo 64 controller, it just calls out to me and I would like to share my thoughts.

the PS4 controller feels VERY light weight, and this surprized me, I feel as if it should have been very slightly heavier. just personal preference. the controller doesn't feel like its indestructible, but it feels solid and decent. nintendo 64 controller was stronger in my honest opinion. just comparing off my previous favorite.

the controller fits extremely comfortably in my hands and the proportions of all the parts of the controller feel very natural, and the thumb sticks are the perfect distance apart, they only issue is that the thumb sticks feel slightly too small, and the triggers feel like I am pressing marshmallows, which feels nice and comfy, but I don't know how that would feel like when holding a weapon in a videogame and firing it.

all the buttons feel very responsive but not oversensitive, when you use a button, you feel like you KNOW you used it, not from what you see on the screen, but from what you feel in your hands.

the controller design is excellent and the only thing I would improve is to make it weight slightly more, make the thumb sticks just slightly bigger, allow the option to disable the light, and change that little delicate usb port to a bigger sturdy USB3.0 port.

and of course, its 2014 so every single videogame on PS4 or any other platform, should have 100% freedom of key customization. you should be able to jump with x o or triangle or square, or any other button. what ever you want to use to bind your controller button or stick/tool to whatever action you want in the video game should be your freedom of choice. cmon, its 2014.

thats all.  I hope several improvements are made, little bugs/issues fixed/ many many great games come out. I am really excited to eventually experience PS4. (eventually)

those are my thoughts. peace.

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>

Edit: Updated label &subject title. Please click here to learn more about Labels. -Super_Nova2k13

show me rainbows forever
Message 1 of 6 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

Re: just held a PS4 controller for the first time!

Feb 3, 2014
I agree with what you say about the micro USB.
Message 2 of 6 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Feb 3, 2014

Evan297 wrote:
I agree with what you say about the micro USB.

yea it doesn't look like they should have used that cute little thing for a video game controller.  review tech USA mentioned it too.

I would be much happier with a dependable tough usb3.0 on the back, at least I know it will stay put.  not dissing the little usb, but it would have been better the other way in my opinion.

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>
show me rainbows forever
Message 3 of 6 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

Feb 3, 2014
It seems to lose connection quite easily. When I put my ps4 in stand by mode, I will plug in my controller and very carefully set it down so I don't bump it out.
Message 4 of 6 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3069 posts

Feb 3, 2014

I would encourage you not to wait especially if there are games coming this year that you know you would like to play.

Message 5 of 6 (223 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Feb 3, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

I would encourage you not to wait especially if there are games coming this year that you know you would like to play.

its going to be very difficult to wait but I will just have too.

show me rainbows forever
Message 6 of 6 (212 Views)
0 Likes