Oct 07 2012
By: ChrisTerror Hekseville Citizen 344 posts

Just had a great game idea for vita.....

3 replies 121 views Edited Oct 7, 2012

So.... i was outside in a state of boredom smoking (bad i know) and been in a horror mood today, games and movie wise, and it hit me like a bag of bricks... Fatal Frame on the Vita! Now hear me out as to why. If any of you played this on Ps2 you will understand where im coming from. In Fatal Frame, you made your way through scary locations and used a camera to capture/fight the spirits. Now if you have played Hot shots golf vita or hustle kings vita and aware of how you can use the vita to look around the enviroments in real time, imagine being able to use the Vita as the camera in a Fatal Frame game for vita using it to look around in real time as your moving through the enviroments. This game for its time was pretty creepy, dark, and ambient. I know this wont ever happen but holy Tecmo this would be epic Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Re: Just had a great game idea for vita.....

Oct 7, 2012
after they make a dead space
Message 2 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7401 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Spirit Camera for the 3DS was basically this.  I thought it was ok, but it certainly could've been done better; it was generally not well received.  The biggest problem is that it required an AR book (like the AR cards) for many parts and therefore needed good lighting to play.  It was also quite short.

If they ever do make another game like it, I think they should ignore the AR/camera part and just use the gyroscope motion controls to make it more immersive.  Which may be what you're describing, but it's not clear what you meant by "use the Vita as the camera."

Message 3 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

Yeah the gyroscope was what I was trying to describe when I used the hot shots golf and hustle kings "look around" camera thing reference...  It definitaly wouldnt need any AR cards to work bc i have played an IOS type hunting game that used the gyro and gps together and worked well, and the use of gyro to look around in some Vita games already works well. Maybe most of my excitement for the idea was my old love for the fatal frame series *shrug*

oh and by using the vita as a camera, i meant as the actual camera that is used in the fatal frame games to capture the ghosts... not like a physical camera like a nikon or something Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 4 (86 Views)
0 Likes