Oct 03 2011
By: smfloan42 First Son 1 posts

Just got a new PSPgo for my son, need help

5 replies 6 views Edited Oct 3, 2011

We just got a new PSPgo for our 10 yr old.  He tried to create a PSN account and couldnt, due to his age.  It said we had to create a master account, which I did. (very cumbersome process).  In order for him to have his own account, I must create a sub acocunt.  I cannot find anywhere that tells me how to do this on a PSPgo.

I have to say that I am disappointed at how difficult this thing is to use.  And, there are supposed to be some free games he can download?  How do we find those?

Anyone who knows what they are doing, please help me out here!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1321 posts

Re: Just got a new PSPgo for my son, need help

Oct 3, 2011

Sub accounts are for PS3. The PSP just uses Master accounts since the only time you really use your account is to buy things from the Playstation Store.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 3, 2011

And, there are supposed to be some free games he can download? How do we find those?  Well if you got the one with the 3 free games it should have it installed on the system or they gave you codes to redeem them through media go. Other then that he has to download the demo of the games. No free ones

Message 3 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Oct 3, 2011

smfloan42 wrote:

We just got a new PSPgo for our 10 yr old.  He tried to create a PSN account and couldnt, due to his age.  It said we had to create a master account, which I did. (very cumbersome process).  In order for him to have his own account, I must create a sub acocunt.  I cannot find anywhere that tells me how to do this on a PSPgo.

I have to say that I am disappointed at how difficult this thing is to use.  And, there are supposed to be some free games he can download?  How do we find those?

Anyone who knows what they are doing, please help me out here!

Thanks!

You can sign in to qriosity.com with your master account and then manage account,to create sub accounts. you will be able to manage his funds for his PSN store wallet from there.

If you have the offer of three free games, they arfe sometimes on a disc included in the package or you will be send codes to your registered email address a few weeks after you first log into the PSN with your PSPgo.

Be aware your son will not get them with his sub account as one of the games is not for his age group and it is an all or nothing deal. You can get them on your master account though.

Also something to know as you are new to this, you can only play games that have been bought (or you hve used a code for) on the account that aquired them, so you could not get the free games and then let your son use his sub account to play them on the PSPgo, you would have to let him use your account but then you will loose control of the fund management side of things (unless you do not associate a credit card with the account). Or if he bought games onhis account you would not be able to play them on the master account. Are you OK with your son playing games that are rated above his age?

Message 4 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Oct 3, 2011

qriocity.com

Message 5 of 6 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts