Feb 27 2014
By: Jules9_7_3 First Son 2 posts

Just got a Vita this week! I have some standard questions

[ Edited ]
14 replies 177 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

Hello. I have been enjoying my new vita. Love the layout of the PSN on both U.S and Japanese accounts. (Annoyed about the memory card issue). Here are my questions:

What best sites does someone use to buy or trade PSN codes? (Trade a JPY Code for a U.S. code). I heard of Japan Codes and PlayAsia.

Anyone here who checks the Japanese store on a routine basis? So I can have help confirming what's on there. (Right now I want to try 1 month of Plus cause it looks like a lot of free games, including Princess Arthur and Steins Gate). I have figured out where the game trailers and demos are...IT IS AWESOME! XD).

Any game recomendations? I love otome/dating sim games and indie games. I already plan on getting Danganronpa, Conception II, Hotline Miami, Tearaway. Any other recommendations would be nice. Esp if they are old news games I won't know to look up.

Lastly is there anyway to get the English sub versions of anime? Some dubs are just not good plus I prefer both versions. Could it be found on another account? (Are there any other psn accounts worth creating? Other than a U.S. and Japanese? ).

Please and Thanks for your time.

Edit: Edited title for capitalization/ Removed custom labels and added Ask the Community

Message 1 of 15 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Re: just got a Vita this week! have some standard questions

Feb 27, 2014

you should have bought a 3DS.

E3 HYPE 2014:

Message 2 of 15 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Feb 27, 2014

All you need is Uncharted.

Message 3 of 15 (166 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10883 posts

Feb 27, 2014

Hotline miami is a good one, you should also check out Olliolli. Have fun with your new vita!

Message 4 of 15 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11812 posts

Feb 27, 2014

I don't know much or anything about the Japanese version of the store, as I've never had a need for an account on there. However, as far as Vita game recommendations go...

One game you might want to pick up (which is actually on sale for $5 this week through Plus) is CastleStorm. Having played the demo, it seems like a fairly entertaining tower defense-style game. You need to launch weapons at the enemy's tower to bring it crumbling down from afar.

Other games I could highly suggest for the system would range from the upcoming Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (if you haven't already played these releases), PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD (again, if you haven't already played it), and Tearaway of course, which is already on your to-do list.

Other games you might like for the Vita would also range from The Walking Dead series (both Season 1 and 2), Limbo, Sound Shapes, and an upcoming RPG known as Soul Saga. As for the anime dubs, sadly I'm not familiar with the territorial differences between this and PlayStation Network accounts.

Message 5 of 15 (155 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14638 posts

Feb 27, 2014

Little Big Planet Vita is a good game to pick up. It's fun to play and go through the different levels.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 6 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Re: Just got a Vita this week! I have some standard questions

Feb 28, 2014

Can't believe it wasn't mentioned yet... Get Persona 4 Golden.

That game was the exclusive reason I got a Vita in the first place, a little less than a year ago, and I'm finally about to beat it.

It's going on my top 3 or so favorite games of all time. I don't even usually have the patience for JRPGs to see them to the end normally, but P4 is amazing and non-stop awesome.

Also try downloading Gundam Breaker from the JPN store if you have any interest in Mecha. I just imported that for Vita, it's really fun and easy to play without knowing Japanese. It's a huge pain to swap between JPN and US accounts on Vita though, need two memory cards. I only check out the PSN on my PS3 where you just need a JPN account.

Message 7 of 15 (114 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 28, 2014

What a sucker. You should've bought a 3DS. Enjoy your Vita while the new fun feeling lasts because it'll become a doorstop once you figure out it has the same games you can already play on ps3.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 8 of 15 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Feb 28, 2014

i think you shouldve bought a 3DS as well. i don't have a 3DS but i do got two VITA and one is modded from japan. there aren't a lot of games. i mean BIG games there are indies and mediocre ports.if you wanted to play Games 3DS wouldve been a better choice. i love my VITA but  the system is slowly dying. forced me to upload PS4 games on my channel because there aren't lot of stuff toshow. 

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 9 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Re: Just got a Vita this week! I have some standard questions

Feb 28, 2014

Vazzaroth wrote:

I don't even usually have the patience for JRPGs to see them to the end normally, but P4 is amazing and non-stop awesome.

What are "JRPGs?"

Message 10 of 15 (97 Views)
0 Likes