I Only Post Everything
1122 posts

Re: Just got a Vita this week! I have some standard questions

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

Vazzaroth wrote:

I don't even usually have the patience for JRPGs to see them to the end normally, but P4 is amazing and non-stop awesome.

What are "JRPGs?"

Japanese Role Playing Game

I think that Guacamelee was fun on the vita. i Liked the cross buy and cross save. Also street fighter x tekken has been pretty fun. Get it while its still on PS+

Message 11 of 15 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2020 posts

Feb 28, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

Vazzaroth wrote:

I don't even usually have the patience for JRPGs to see them to the end normally, but P4 is amazing and non-stop awesome.

What are "JRPGs?"

Japanese Role Playing Game. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 12 of 15 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I would say that you should play stein's gate.It's got such a great story so it's a shame we never get these type of game genres.Well that's no completely true since we did get Zero escape and now we are getting Xblaze but otherwise we never get them.You can also try Ciel no Surge and if you have a ps3 tgo for Dream C Club.this is assuming you have an understanding of the Japanese language since these games are text heavy with multiple choices.If you plan on importing then try Senran Kagura Shinovi versus, God Eater 2, J-stars victory vs, Akiba's Trip 2.

"Fans who ditch a game because of the exclusion of a language they don't even speak were never fans to begin with."
Message 13 of 15 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Re: just got a Vita this week! have some standard questions

Feb 28, 2014

Game Suggestions: Killzone Mercenary, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid HD, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP title), Hotline Miami, Borderlands 2 when it comes out, Sound Shapes is good, Modnation Racers, Need for Speed, Spelunky, I just got Gunslugs recently and its a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Assasins Creed was good but a little laggy (bad framerate they tried to shove a little too much in there), Tearaway was great, Injustice, Marvel vs. Capcom was good, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm RC was fun, but not really as good as it could have been... Considering... RC....

Anyway, everybody says "Oh, the Vita is dying! the 3DS is so much better the Vita won't last long and the Vita has no games." Which is a complete and utter lie, it really depends on what time of gamer you are, but the truth is, the Vita has a pretty big library. (anyone who tries to say the 3DS has a bigger library, of course it  would it was out a lot longer) I personally like the Vita a lot more, I got a 3DS for Christmas but I gotta say, its really no contest. You just got a Vita, ignore the people who tell you the 3DS is better and enjoy your Vita. 

Message 14 of 15 (134 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Re: just got a Vita this week! have some standard questions

Feb 28, 2014
I'm personally quite fond of the vita. If you like Japanese and indie games(which it sounds like you do), then you should like the vita. Unfortunately, it's not the kind of system that's ideal for switching your account back and forth. Even the psp was a lot more convenient for that than the vita is. That said, there are plenty of tutorials online, and if you think you will regularly use both your NA and Japanese accounts, and don't mind literally reformatting your vita everytime, then the vita will work just fine for both regions.

I don't have a particular online source that I shop at for psn cards for other regions. It's not quite as simple as shopping for a psn card locally, where the value of it will be 1:1. With the exchange rate, there's room for companies to offer slightly different prices. You will generally pay more for content from other regions, but you should shop around at different online retailers. You can also get psn cards in two forms. Some companies will mail you the card, but I prefer those that send the code directly to your email, because you can get it faster that way, since it can take weeks to get a card shipped to you. Some retailers will email the code to you within 10 minutes, while others, like Play Asia, will take up to a few days. You have options, and you should find the one that's best for you. You may end up paying more for faster online delivery, but not always, so it's up to you to determine what's important to you, in terms of how much you pay vs. how long it takes you to get it. I've used both PC Games Supply and Play Asia on separate occasions. I believe I used someone else at some point too.
Message 15 of 15 (126 Views)