Reply
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

Dec 2, 2012

This is why you ALWAYS read the fine print on digital content.

 

Lesson learned. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 11 of 25 (127 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2006
Online
7792 posts
 

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Arliman wrote:

GraphiteGB wrote:

You mean the  same exact same way ITUNES has worked for YEARs on TV and Films is not good enough for you. 

If you lose the back ups Your screwwed.  


Oh and it looks like iTunes got smart... check the "UPDATE" area... http://ipod.about.com/od/itunesproblems/f/re_dl_purchase.htm


Icloud has been a big failure as not all Flims and content are actualy on it. This again means IF you don't have a Back up localy the Film is lost... It was again a Selective service.   Read the small print. Movies studios still refuse to allow redownload... 

 

Apples small print "Not all previously purchased films are available for downloading to your other devices" 



SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

The beta test firmware 4.5 sign up is on the playstation blogs
Message 12 of 25 (123 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/14/2005
Offline
1628 posts
 

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

Dec 2, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

This is why you ALWAYS read the fine print on digital content.

 

Lesson learned. 


What's with this "you learned your lesson" crap? You guys act like I screwed myself or something. I got what I paid for, I watched the show I wanted to watch and I still have it. I'm not whining about how I got tricked, I'm whining about how dumb the video store is.

Message 13 of 25 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/14/2005
Offline
1628 posts
 

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

Dec 2, 2012

GraphiteGB wrote:

Arliman wrote:

GraphiteGB wrote:

You mean the  same exact same way ITUNES has worked for YEARs on TV and Films is not good enough for you. 

If you lose the back ups Your screwwed.  


Oh and it looks like iTunes got smart... check the "UPDATE" area... http://ipod.about.com/od/itunesproblems/f/re_dl_purchase.htm


Icloud has been a big failure as not all Flims and content are actualy on it. This again means IF you don't have a Back up localy the Film is lost... It was again a Selective service.   Read the small print. Movies studios still refuse to allow redownload... 

 

Apples small print "Not all previously purchased films are available for downloading to your other devices" 


Is that so? What about Vudu?

Message 14 of 25 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

Dec 2, 2012

Arliman wrote:

GraphiteGB wrote:

Arliman wrote:

GraphiteGB wrote:

You mean the  same exact same way ITUNES has worked for YEARs on TV and Films is not good enough for you. 

If you lose the back ups Your screwwed.  


Oh and it looks like iTunes got smart... check the "UPDATE" area... http://ipod.about.com/od/itunesproblems/f/re_dl_purchase.htm


Icloud has been a big failure as not all Flims and content are actualy on it. This again means IF you don't have a Back up localy the Film is lost... It was again a Selective service.   Read the small print. Movies studios still refuse to allow redownload... 

 

Apples small print "Not all previously purchased films are available for downloading to your other devices" 


Is that so? What about Vudu?


Aparently not: http://support.vudu.com/?supportPage=answers/list

 

How many times can I re-download my content?

Published 03/29/2012 02:11 PM   |   
Since you own the digital rights to your purchased content, there is no limit to how many times you candownload it to an authorized PC.
Message 15 of 25 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2006
Online
7792 posts
 

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Vudu 

 

You don't need me to tell you 

You did $5.99 free when you create and account & you can try it your self.

But you will get junk email from them... thats Part of the T&C



SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

The beta test firmware 4.5 sign up is on the playstation blogs
Message 16 of 25 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
2257 posts
 

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Its not that bad to buy standard def movies from playstation.  Just make sure you got one ps3 that plays movies and one that is just for gaming.  If you are going High Def, just get the bluray thats what i do.  Also only buy standard def movies on the discount section 5 bucks.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 17 of 25 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

Dec 2, 2012

Arliman wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

This is why you ALWAYS read the fine print on digital content.

 

Lesson learned. 


What's with this "you learned your lesson" crap? You guys act like I screwed myself or something. I got what I paid for, I watched the show I wanted to watch and I still have it. I'm not whining about how I got tricked, I'm whining about how dumb the video store is.


Your whining because of something that you failed to read... Now that you 'found out' about it you're complaining.

 

Comparing it with other download services that have their own rules, especially ones where the service is at the mercy of production companies and studios to dictate their content.

 

Everything has a pro and a con... 

By the way... If you search hard enough, you'll be able to find what you want to watch for free.

 

Because as it stands, your issue is not about a one-time download, its about money.

 

If you were more aware as to the conditions of your purchase, you probably wouldn't have made the purchase in the first place.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 18 of 25 (81 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

Dec 2, 2012

TheDster wrote:

Its not that bad to buy standard def movies from playstation.  Just make sure you got one ps3 that plays movies and one that is just for gaming.  If you are going High Def, just get the bluray thats what i do.  Also only buy standard def movies on the discount section 5 bucks.


Dude, knock it off. 

Not everyone can afford more than 1 PS3, nor would want to buy more than one.

 

And to think that you need to have a PS3 for each dedicated function is absolutely asinine (read: stupid). 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 19 of 25 (78 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2006
Online
7792 posts
 

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

O and Vudu Is more expensive now that they Have joined with ultraViolet.

 

Just one example.

TED in HD is

$22.99 on Vudu

$19.99 other online providers.

 

The price increase is likely to cover the ultra violet license.

 

swings and round abouts...



SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

The beta test firmware 4.5 sign up is on the playstation blogs
Message 20 of 25 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes