Dec 01 2012
By: Arliman Uncharted Territory 1628 posts

Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

24 replies 246 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

I just discovered that there is no way to redownload videos that you "own" from the Playstation Store. If you delete it, you have to buy it again. I couldn't believe it til I went to go buy something I already bought (thinking that it would be like games and just present me with a download option), but no... it was ready to let me pay for it yet again.

Good thing I only spent 2 dollars on it.

Message 1 of 25 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Just bought a TV episode... never again. Unable to re-download purchases.

Dec 1, 2012
If it's that important, you can call Sony and I think they do one-time license renewals.
Message 2 of 25 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I don't have an issue at the moment.. I have the file. I was just going on the store to look at the list of episodes and noticed it. That's the whole point of digital purchases. You are able to access them again any time in the future. You own them. This defeats the purpose of the whole idea. This WILL be changed, but until it does... no more from me.. and I'll tell my friends about it and they won't either.

Message 3 of 25 (230 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 1, 2012
I agree that is ridiculous, Sony already has plenty of security measures as it is. There shouldn't be a reason why they would restrict this. I think every other movie service allows you to download content you purchased multiple times...
Message 4 of 25 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I agree that is ridiculous, Sony already has plenty of security measures as it is. There shouldn't be a reason why they would restrict this. I think every other movie service allows you to download content you purchased multiple times...

Yeah. It's not like I'm trying any funny business, like trying to give them to my friends and whatnot. I don't care if it's just to a single PS3, the original purchasing account PS3... but nope, nothing.

Message 5 of 25 (226 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

I thought it told you it was a one time download before you continue with the purchase? Anyway I'm glad you learned your lesson.

Message 6 of 25 (200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8502 posts

Dec 1, 2012

thanks for the heads up, that's incredibly stupid.

Message 7 of 25 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7792 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

You mean the  same exact same way ITUNES has worked for YEARs on TV and Films is not good enough for you. 

If you lose the back ups Your screwwed.  

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

The beta test firmware 4.5 sign up is on the playstation blogs
Message 8 of 25 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Dec 2, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

I thought it told you it was a one time download before you continue with the purchase? Anyway I'm glad you learned your lesson.

Yeah, the lesson is: Don't buy any videos from the Playstation Store, period. And I don't use iTunes, or any other iMalarkey, so I wouldn't know. If that's the case though, then they are retarded, too.

Message 9 of 25 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Dec 2, 2012

GraphiteGB wrote:

You mean the  same exact same way ITUNES has worked for YEARs on TV and Films is not good enough for you. 

If you lose the back ups Your screwwed.  

Oh and it looks like iTunes got smart... check the "UPDATE" area... http://ipod.about.com/od/itunesproblems/f/re_dl_purchase.htm

Message 10 of 25 (165 Views)
0 Likes