Apr 08 2011
By: JAMKOR Lombax Warrior 102 posts

Just another pleas for sony to fix subaccount/master accounts

6 replies 26 views Edited Apr 8, 2011

for those of us who have been around a while and have an idle master account, but a very active subaccount, please let us make sub accounts into master accounts so we can use features like facebook, wallet, etc.  thansk.

Message 1 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
844 posts

Re: Just another pleas for sony to fix subaccount/master accounts

Mar 19, 2012

Just checking to see if there is any news about this, doesnt seem to be I guess!  Several newer games now seem to have Facebook directly integrated into them (like MW3) but it still goes through the PSN in order to post to it which of course doesnt work if your on a sub account.  The game Blur also works with facebook but it DOES work but seems to post directly to Facebook through the internet because you have to enter your login info into the game.  It doesnt go through the PSN.  If PSN isnt ever going to give sub account the ability to use Facebook, can they alteast give the game makers the ok to let them use ways like Blur does?

Message 2 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28826 posts

Mar 19, 2012

One of the problems is that someone under the age of 13 can just make a sub account into a master account without their parents knowing. Then we'd see "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! MY KID MADE HIS SUB ACCOUNT INTO A MASTER ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY KNOWING!! HE RAN UP A HUGE BILL ON MY CREDIT CARD!! IT'S A PONZI SCHEME!! BAIT AND SWITCH!! I'LL SUE!! I'M A GAMER AND I'M SMART I TELL YA!!" C'MON SONY!!".

Do we really need to go through that?

Message 3 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Mar 20, 2012

Well, I can see the problem, but it's not like there are no practical solutions to it. Promoting could require approval from the master account, just like creating a sub account requires approval from the master account. Promoting could wipe any stored credit card information. Etc.

Message 4 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28826 posts

Mar 20, 2012

Eightboll812 wrote:

Well, I can see the problem, but it's not like there are no practical solutions to it. Promoting could require approval from the master account, just like creating a sub account requires approval from the master account. Promoting could wipe any stored credit card information. Etc.

So you need approval to make the sub account a master account, but if you're sub account becomes the master account, then why would you need approval from the master account, because the sub account IS the master account? See how it goes in a circle.

Message 5 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Mar 20, 2012

I'm not seeing the circle. The request is not to make the sub into the master of the current master, it's to make it a new master. It's like simply asking permission to relinquish control over it.

Message 6 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Mar 20, 2012

people should have this option one way or another,sony just likes that power trip..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 7 of 7 (26 Views)
0 Likes