Dec 20 2012
By: MrVidler First Son 3 posts

Journey and Unfinished Swan - Should I Buy?

5 replies 157 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

As said in the title really. £10 for two games seems a good deal, I liked Flow and Flower although I wouldn't have said I loved either of them to death. I looked up a review for Journey and it did look good as did the Unfinished Swan. I also look for value in games though so are they ones that can be replayed again and again? I'm basically looking for someone to give me their thoughts.

Message 1 of 6 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Re: Journey and Unfinished Swan - Should I Buy?

Dec 20, 2012

flOw is not a game I would consider amazing myself. However, Flower I enjoyed very much. Journey too is also very beautiful. While not as memorable as Flower is before it, it's still worth taking a trip through the game at least once.

The Unfinished Swan on the other hand is not a game I've yet tried. There's a demo that released on the store this week, though the download itself is unfinished (the large queue is still in the process of downloading/installing everything on file). You can check out the demo yourself to see if the game would be worth it to you.

Message 2 of 6 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Never realised that theres a demo for it. Cheers for that. So far the 12 deals thing has been disappointing (other than Sleeping Dogs but I missed that), but this one appeals. I know that there are other deals to be added to the festive sale tomorrow so I was hoping to find out what they were first to make a decision as I can only afford a couple of things. I'll check the demo if I can.
Message 3 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55074 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I found journey to be a very unique and memorable gaming experience.  Its not typically the type of game I play but when you play it the game really gives you this "connected" feeling....its like you care about the journey and your character and its all vauge enough that you can let your imagination decide what is really going on.

I reccomend it.  Check out some videos too http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL48449B1D3185DE6E   Im the "2nd player" in a lot of her videos from journey, we had to "sync" up to play together but we got it to work.

Message 4 of 6 (135 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39479 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

MrVidler wrote:

As said in the title really. £10 for two games seems a good deal, I liked Flow and Flower although I wouldn't have said I loved either of them to death. I looked up a review for Journey and it did look good as did the Unfinished Swan. I also look for value in games though so are they ones that can be replayed again and again? I'm basically looking for someone to give me their thoughts.

Flow was good, Flower was very good, Journey I personally thought was utterly amazing, it's a relatively short game, but don't let that put you off, graphics wise it's not going to blow you away either, at least not in the same way other games have, again do not see that as a negative, it is still one of the best games I have ever played & "Journey" does indeed take you on a "Journey", one that I might add is very well worth taking.

As someone else above me I think said, you care about your "journey", you care what happens & about the people you meet along the way too, there ar enot many games that do that.

I have yet to play the Unfinished Swan, so unfortunately I can't comment on that.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 6 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15564 posts

Dec 20, 2012

The Journey collection is a good deal. FLOW was one of the better early games. Not great, but it's something new and different for the time. Flower is just amazing. It's one of the best uses of the sixaxis motion control. Journey is one of the best PSN games of this year. Get all three and enjoy. 

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 6 of 6 (121 Views)
0 Likes