Fender Bender
4158 posts

Re: Jetset radio...

Dec 1, 2012
I'm glad you told me.about using the analogs. So much easier. Thanks.
Message 21 of 24 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:
I'm glad you told me.about using the analogs. So much easier. Thanks.

Lol Gambles..

Message 22 of 24 (41 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Honestly I have noticed any game that uses Touch Screen gestures has problems, the Vita touchscree is super sensitive, so much so I seriously ask myself sometimes did I even touch the screen? Sure didn't feel like it.. I swear sometimes I don't even touch it and it works with my thumb super close to the screen anyway.. Obvious to me at least it's super super sensitive.

... but yea for instance I just beat UC: GA and those freaking gesture fights really got on my nerves, I kept swiping the right way but they kept failing anyway. Took forever.. played it on hard and seriously had no trouble really until then.

I had to literally put my Vita on the floor hover above it like a mad man and reposition my actual body just to make sure it registered correctly with each gesture... Was ridiculous..

I just think it has to do with how sensitive it is and if you do anything slightly wrong, it will register it as that.. a wrong input. Which I will admit when I am laying down or in a chair, I can't really swipe it as good as hovering above it, standing..

Message 23 of 24 (40 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

RedZepp wrote:

Like you I'd never played the game before, but unlike you I found it to be a painful, frustrating experience.  I hated the controls, the tutorial is a joke, and I found myself jumping everywhere but where I wanted to jump.  I'm glad I got it free through Plus and didn't pay for it.

Not pro enough for Jet Set Radio.

Or perhaps not enough practice. I had the same problem when first playing the game, but then I decided to get good-ish at it. Takes a while to get used to the controls and knowing where the character needs to land in order to do some awesome grinding. I must of been good back then if I enjoyed the game when I was lil. I really like this game, always have.

Of course you are right lol I just was giving him a hard time.

As most people are like the controls are horrible! Oddly I played it on Dreamcast and the controls feel the same to me, other than the Vita's sticks are smaller thus having a tighter radius that takes a little getting used to other than that though nothing different to me.

Most people probably just use the left stick to steer also, which if you use the right, you get a lot smoother transition to aim your jumps better.

Jet Set Radio has always taken practice though.. You have to time your jumps, pay attention to how high you jump, think about your grinds, manage your speed all while avoiding cops. Most people who are just now playing the game probably assume because it's so old it should be much easier.

I don't know but it isn't different to me really.

I will admit I suck arse at  it now cause I haven't played it in a while but still I know I will get better once I start remembering stuff.

Message 24 of 24 (35 Views)
0 Likes