I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Re: Jetset radio...

Dec 1, 2012

RedZepp wrote:

Like you I'd never played the game before, but unlike you I found it to be a painful, frustrating experience.  I hated the controls, the tutorial is a joke, and I found myself jumping everywhere but where I wanted to jump.  I'm glad I got it free through Plus and didn't pay for it.

Not pro enough for Jet Set Radio.

Message 11 of 24 (71 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:
The only issue I have is using the touch screen to spray when I have to make a circular motion, sometimes it won't register. I got it for my phone also and its the same experience.for $4.99.

I wonder if they have Dreamcast emulators for phones now. Never really checked ..

Message 12 of 24 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Don't think so, but Sega released it on Android yesterday.
Message 13 of 24 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Occhi07 wrote:
i got free for ps+. the second level, i kept trying to jump over the cran to the highway, but you need like 20 cans, and i have cops shooting me, and tear gas exploding.

so i decide to go and do that first on my 5th try...

Yeah it can get frustrating but there is usually a second way to get to places, for example you can wall grind to the left of the crain then jump to get across... much easier that falling of the crain over and over.

Message 14 of 24 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Re: Jets radio...

Dec 1, 2012

Part of the original game is learning the locations and strategize where and what to get first. as you progress through each mission the police force ramps up harder and harder. this is something people get frustrated with when they do not understand you shouldn't just be hitting the first tags that you see. this is also something that second game lost when it went with a simple tagging style, it made it a much more accessible game since you only had to learn the basic layouts to become good at the game.

in general: big tags FIRST > smaller tage for last.

Message 15 of 24 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Dec 1, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

RedZepp wrote:

Like you I'd never played the game before, but unlike you I found it to be a painful, frustrating experience.  I hated the controls, the tutorial is a joke, and I found myself jumping everywhere but where I wanted to jump.  I'm glad I got it free through Plus and didn't pay for it.

Not pro enough for Jet Set Radio.

Or perhaps not enough practice. I had the same problem when first playing the game, but then I decided to get good-ish at it. Takes a while to get used to the controls and knowing where the character needs to land in order to do some awesome grinding. I must of been good back then if I enjoyed the game when I was lil. I really like this game, always have.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 16 of 24 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Re: Jets radio...

Dec 1, 2012

rego00123 wrote:

Part of the original game is learning the locations and strategize where and what to get first. as you progress through each mission the police force ramps up harder and harder. this is something people get frustrated with when they do not understand you shouldn't just be hitting the first tags that you see. this is also something that second game lost when it went with a simple tagging style, it made it a much more accessible game since you only had to learn the basic layouts to become good at the game.

in general: big tags FIRST > smaller tage for last.

That's what I figured after playing the game for a while. You need to learn the map and know how to get to tagA to tagB and so on.

Message 17 of 24 (36 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34131 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Gamble_STARS wrote:
The only issue I have is using the touch screen to spray when I have to make a circular motion, sometimes it won't register. I got it for my phone also and its the same experience.for $4.99.

you can use the analog sticks for the spray paint controls. its a lot easier than the touch screen.

Message 18 of 24 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Dec 1, 2012

the_original_se wrote:

Gamble_STARS wrote:

you can use the analog sticks for the spray paint controls. its a lot easier than the touch screen.

Agreed. I tired using the touchscreen, but it's a bit more complex, which I actually found ironic.

Message 19 of 24 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 1, 2012
The game blows
Message 20 of 24 (28 Views)
0 Likes