Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Re: Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): Proves CoD: Ghosts is superior on PS4

Oct 27, 2013

By all means, bring on streaming 4k bit rates and monitors. Bring on roll-out 80" flexible OLED screens that come in tubes and cheaper UHD projectors at 2160p. I for one can't wait for a 32" 4k monitor.

But you ain't seeing the difference between 50" tvs with 4k and 1080 respectively at a standard sitting distance of 10ft. You certainly aren't seeing every detail in a 1080p FPS while running through blowing people's heads off. No way. You'd be lying.

By saying that PS4 is a vastly superior experience simply due to the resolution difference, your logic dictates that 4k PC gaming is truly where it's at. According to fanboy logic the PS4 will be outdated within a few years.

Message 81 of 83 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Oct 27, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

While I could careless about COD being better then a pile of dirt what this does show is that out of the gate the PS4 has an advantage over the XB1 and this gap will only widen as dev's get more time w/ the system. If something as lame and as little effort put into it as COD can show this then one area that the PS4 is really going to shine over the XB1 is the first party exclusive games, that is if the XB1 even has any.

Good post, and this is what I was expecting in a Sony forum. Not a bunch of Xbone lovers defending Microsoft's dumb decisions.

It's things like this resolution difference that really shows multiplatform games will not be nearly the same like Microsoft, and most Xbone fanboys want people to believe. As the Xbone's dev tools get better, so will PS4s. As devs get to tap more of Xbone's power, the same will be said about the PS4, and the PS4 has more room to grow by having better RAM and a far better GPU.

Thanks for not attacking me and making up BS like the others have. 

Message 82 of 83 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Oct 27, 2013

BillyOneironaut wrote:

By all means, bring on streaming 4k bit rates and monitors. Bring on roll-out 80" flexible OLED screens that come in tubes and cheaper UHD projectors at 2160p. I for one can't wait for a 32" 4k monitor.

But you ain't seeing the difference between 50" tvs with 4k and 1080 respectively at a standard sitting distance of 10ft. You certainly aren't seeing every detail in a 1080p FPS while running through blowing people's heads off. No way. You'd be lying.

By saying that PS4 is a vastly superior experience simply due to the resolution difference, your logic dictates that 4k PC gaming is truly where it's at. According to fanboy logic the PS4 will be outdated within a few years.

How many people have 4K HDTVs?

It takes far more processing power to push the same image at 1080P than it does at 720P

Simple logic 

Message 83 of 83 (142 Views)
0 Likes