Re: Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): Proves CoD: Ghosts is superior on PS4

Oct 27, 2013
Message 51 of 83 (202 Views)
Sackboy
522 posts

Oct 27, 2013

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

Because eventually a game will look better on Xbox One and you will be in here saying graphics do not matter. Just enjoy the game man no need to bash.

You don't know anything about hardware, do you? The same game will always be able to look/run better on PS4's more powerful hardware.

Oh, and no I never said such a thing, and will never say it. I was a 360 fan because it got the majority of better multiplatform games. This will not be the case for the Xbone.

Message 52 of 83 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Oct 27, 2013

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

Mikewarrior wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
No its because you're making the community look childish

Oh, so stating the truth is childish now?

Almost as bad as claiming you can't see a difference between 720P and 1080P? lol

Because eventually a game will look better on Xbox One and you will be in here saying graphics do not matter. Just enjoy the game man no need to bash.

Thank you. It's not even that serious.

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 53 of 83 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

You don't know anything about hardware, do you? The same game will always be able to look/run better on PS4's more powerful hardware.

Oh, and no I never said such a thing, and will never say it. I was a 360 fan because it got the majority of better multiplatform games. This will not be the case for the Xbone.

I know as much about hardware as you Think you know. PS3 is more powerful than the 360 but Oblivion looked much worse on ps3. sure there are reasons and i agree with you that I think games will or should look better on ps4

but i dont feel the need to make forum posts bragging or whatever it is your doing. Most gamers wont care if COD is native 1080p or just upscaled to 1080p and thats the truth.

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 54 of 83 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

I know as much about hardware as you Think you know. PS3 is more powerful than the 360 but Oblivion looked much worse on ps3. sure there are reasons and i agree with you that I think games will or should look better on ps4

but i dont feel the need to make forum posts bragging or whatever it is your doing. Most gamers wont care if COD is native 1080p or just upscaled to 1080p and thats the truth.

No you really don't know much

Your first mistake is comparing the PS3 to anything the PS4 does... They are completely different architectures, and the Ps3 wasn't designed for simple development like the PS4 is. The Ps3 had more theoretical power, but it couldn't be tapped as easy as 360's, and the 360 had a RAM/GPU advantage, just like the PS4 does over the Xbone. 

You are also wrong that gamers don't care... If gamers didn't care there wouldn't be a 100 page thread at NeoGaf, and there wouldn't be a thread about it at Xbox.com.

Obviously some of you are salty 

Message 55 of 83 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Oct 27, 2013
Yes the entire population of people buy a next gen console is on neogaf, the xbox forums, and here -.-

Message 56 of 83 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

Your first mistake is comparing the PS3 to anything the PS4 does... They are completely different architectures, and the Ps3 wasn't designed for simple development like the PS4 is. The Ps3 had more theoretical power, but it couldn't be tapped as easy as 360's, and the 360 had a RAM/GPU advantage, just like the PS4 does over the Xbone. 

You are also wrong that gamers don't care... If gamers didn't care there wouldn't be a 100 page thread at NeoGaf, and there wouldn't be a thread about it at Xbox.com.

then by this theory we should all just play on PC where it looks best.

i have grown bored of you now so I am going to play some games and not worry that it looks better on pc. you continue patting yourself on the back for making a purchase.

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 57 of 83 (166 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Oct 27, 2013

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

Mikewarrior wrote:

TheSpiralMatrix wrote:

then by this theory we should all just play on PC where it looks best.

i have grown bored of you now so I am going to play some games and not worry that it looks better on pc. you continue patting yourself on the back for making a purchase.

Seriously. If people were as deeply affected by this as OP thinks, they would be gaming on their PC

Message 58 of 83 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
No its because you're making the community look childish

Oh, so stating the truth is childish now?

Almost as bad as claiming you can't see a difference between 720P and 1080P? lol

Personally, I can tell the difference when looking closely, BUT, it isn't important to me. Why? Because I'm not sitting 3 feet away from my TV. Of course the difference is more noticeable when looking at an image on my laptop, but as far as watching a 1080P vs. 720P movie/game on my 47 inch television -- no, I can not. Because I'm sitting about 10+ feet away.

I'm not defending MS or Sony, I'm just saying I don't think it is really that big of a deal.

Most PS3 games are 720P, and I've been fine with that for years.

EDIT: Also, is this native 1080P for CoD: Ghosts? Or is it going to be like the 360's upscaled 1080P for games that were a native 720P? Just curious to see what the back of the box will say for CoD. Like, if it will actually say 1080P on the PS4 box, or just say 720P and be upscaled to 1080P.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 59 of 83 (218 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Oct 27, 2013

If this is considered proof then OK.

Here however is the thing. What is the purpose of this thread?

That the PS4 is more capable? We know that.

This is not going to change anything. That's anything regarding a major shift in purchases.

Will there be some disappointed gamers over on the Darkside most likely.

But if you were going to buy the XB1 with everything that has happened with the reversals, secrets, PR MIS steps, ETC.....

Then this is not a problem. You see some people just like MS, while others hate Sony.

Bottom line other than see I told you so, which in essence is childish this thread has no purpose.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 60 of 83 (214 Views)
0 Likes