Aug 16 2011
By: mfpereira First Son 24 posts

Java library for MoveMe server

6 replies 109 views Edited Aug 16, 2011

Hi all,

I have started to work with MoveMe 2 weeks ago and it's really great. Me and a group of friends have started to develop indie games and the possibilities with move controller like great for us.

But i don't know C# and a long time ago i have stopped to work with C (My daily job is with mobile platforms like Android, BB, etc). So, i've started a Java implementation of the network protocol for MoveMe.

The page of the MoveMe for Java is here http://code.google.com/p/move-me-java/ .There you can download the source code, the binaries, check the java doc and the daily development diary.

If anyone is interessed, please use it and give me a feedback. I want to improve it and start to make some video games.

PS: The project is an open source, so, any contribution will be appreciated too

Message 1 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Java library for MoveMe server

Aug 16, 2011

ok so how do we launch the java im new to it and i want to learn  add me on the network so we can get this up and running faster for every one note smart idea to switch to java way faster to wright a script any ways what do we launch this with reply here or send mssg to my PSN account Thanks!

Message 2 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 16, 2011

Hi,

I added you on the PSNetwork, let's talk later. For now, i have just created a wiki page describring how to getting start to use the MoveMe client for Java in few steps. I hope this help you and the others.

I've also created a issue in the Wiki page. There's a problem when receiving the generated image.

Message 3 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 17, 2011

ok you say java console what console are you using i dont have any thing that will luanch this .JAR you uploaded but i under stand

how to do it but cant find what to do it with ill be on psn all day if u get on will chat u can walk me thru this error im having

NOTE: i can get C# to connect but its not what  i want to learn on so if you could take me under yer wing on this one that would be awsome!    hit me up

Message 4 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 17, 2011

Hi

I'll not be in PSN today, because i'll just take my home at night (i'm at GMT - 3). 

But, if you're unluck with the JAR file, you could download the source code and try to follow the steps described here http://code.google.com/p/move-me-java/wiki/GettingStart.

If doesn't work, let me know.

Br,

PS: Do you have the Java SDK 6 installed in your computer? It's needed to run the source code.

Message 5 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 18, 2011
Message 6 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 2, 2011

Hi...

Name is Rafael, from Brazil and a java programmer and I'm think to something about Move.me in my University dissertation.

I'm not download Move.me yet, because that's not avaliable in the PSN-BR yet. I was thinking to buy it in the PSN-USA, but it's too expensive when its converted to brazilian's price.

So let me ask you... It's really worth it?

Ps: Sorry about my poor english, but I hope that you can understand it.

Message 7 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes