MVP Support
13559 posts

Re: Japanese UMD Passport games

Dec 3, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Well if Crisis Core and KH BBS are not added to the list, they're crazy.

If they are not on the PSN already they probably won't be on the list. Sqare/Enix chose not to make it available for the PSN when they were making them so I doubt they will go back and do it now.

Well, if that's the case, then there's no point for me to even use this program.

Those are the only UMD games I own that I would ever want to play again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Dec 4, 2011

glaciusx25 wrote:

Well, if that's the case, then there's no point for me to even use this program.

Those are the only UMD games I own that I would ever want to play again.

The legal contracts they will have to get people involved to sign, also clearance for soundtracks and other things means that most companies won't go back to clear something for download. If you are lucky a company as big as Square/Enix might do it but I believe Disney wouldn't let them with Kingdom Hearts and the PSN was already well established by the time of release so they would of had it in mind from the start.

Message 12 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 6, 2011

The way I see it, everyone should look through the catalog of PSP titles in the PlayStation Store to see what is listed. Those games IMO would be the only ones elegible for this program. Of those titles, the ones most likely are the ones produced by Sony themselves. I don't see any new retail PSP titles added to the PlayStation Store for the forseeable future, and I don't think any have been added for quite some time.

I can never figure out why FF:Crisis Core has never been made into a digital release. I feel sorry for the poor sap whom purchased a PSPgo assuming that Crisis Core was eventually going to be available for download...

Message 13 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13559 posts

Dec 6, 2011

Who knows. I read in some article that companies like Capcom, Konami, and Square Enix are not (yet) on board with the UMD passport program, which would be a real shame.

Message 14 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 7, 2011

glaciusx25 wrote:

Who knows. I read in some article that companies like Capcom, Konami, and Square Enix are not (yet) on board with the UMD passport program, which would be a real shame.

Thats funny, I thought I read the exact opposite that those companies were onboard in Japan...

Message 15 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Message 16 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 7, 2011

I think what I read was that those companys were evaluating it, but haven't commited to the program yet, which is what those articles were basically stating...

Message 17 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13559 posts

Dec 8, 2011

Well I never said they would never support it, just that they haven't set out anything for it.

Still, if there's a delay, could mean reluctance to let some of their bigger titles get this Passport support.

Message 18 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes