Highlighted
Nov 24 2006
By: TicoLoco Monster Hunter 42 posts

Japanese PS3 in USA

52 replies 59 views Edited Nov 24, 2006
I have a Japanese PS3. If I register it in the USA, will I be able to log into the US servers when i play Resistance or Madden online? i sure hope so...

Any help would be grreatly appreciated...

Message Edited by dasmooth1 on 11-24-2006 06:53 AM
Message 22 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: Japanes PS3 in USA

Nov 20, 2006
I am in Japan and have a Japanese PS3. I set mine up for the US but don't know if I can access US servers. I can with RR7 but I can only get regional servers in Japan for Resistance. Let me know what you find out when you connect everything up. Do you have the PS3 yet?
Message 1 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Nov 20, 2006
There's no way of telling what i'm connecting to, when i play resistance, i have no way of telling which servers i'm on, thus my original question...
Message 2 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Nov 21, 2006
yeah me to in rr7 and resistance help
Message 3 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 21, 2006
i have a japanses ps3 and I'm in the states.  I can only connect tothe Japanese servers.  I went on myresistance.net and asked them about this and this is what I got back:

"They are different servers, yes.

I haven't tried this personally, but Dodger (one of our designers) says it works.  If you go into the settings menus, change your region from Japan to North America, that should be enough to tell the game to connect to the US servers."

Does anyone know how to do this?

Message 4 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Nov 21, 2006
Thanks for the update. I will have to look into getting to that "region" settings area...if anyone with a japanese PS# can confirm this, that would bre greatly appreciated..

Message Edited by dasmooth1 on 11-21-2006 03:21 PM
Message 5 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 21, 2006
I wont be able to solve your questions but i have a few of my own regarding the same matter.

Could anyone possibly tell me when the PS 3 came out in Japan and are they available there?

You see, my stepfather will be going to Japan in 2 weeks and i want to know if its worth for him to bring me a PS 3 from there.
How different are they? do they have region restrictions? will i be able to play PS3 games bought here? etc

thanks for the help!
Message 6 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3308 posts

Nov 21, 2006

Misfit007 wrote:
i have a japanses ps3 and I'm in the states.  I can only connect tothe Japanese servers.  I went on myresistance.net and asked them about this and this is what I got back:

"They are different servers, yes.

I haven't tried this personally, but Dodger (one of our designers) says it works.  If you go into the settings menus, change your region from Japan to North America, that should be enough to tell the game to connect to the US servers."

Does anyone know how to do this?

yeah, it is under the blu ray setting i believe...you set the region to usa...i could change mine on a us ps3
Message 7 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Nov 22, 2006
This baffles me somewhat, because the PS3 games are region free. I would have thought that you would connect to the server that your game supports. So if you purchase the US Resistance game, you would connect to the US server, right?

Imagine if you decide to import a PS3 into Australia or the UK, then which server do you access? Does it depend on your system or the game?

I have heard like others in this thread that Ridge Racer 7 has international servers which is great, whilst Resistance uses dedicated servers, however Insomaic is looking at the possibility of introducing international servers once the PS3 is released in Europe in March 2007.

I am looking to buy a PS3 but I'm in Hong Kong, so I'll be picking up a Hong Kong PS3 and US PS3 games, but intentionally I'd prefer to play against US gamers. Let me know how anyone gets on in this regard about changing servers.
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 8 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Nov 22, 2006

dasmooth1 wrote:
Great guys, thanks for the info...i'm currently away from my PS3 for Thanksgiving, but i'll check out this region setting on Friday and log onto the Resistance servers to see what happens...the only other problem is that there is hardly anyone playing so for all i know, i am hooking up to a US server and not even knowing it because my buetooth headset doesn't work that well with the PS3 and again, there's hardly anyone playing.

You know what, i just remembered that when i log onto the Resistance servers, the "maintenance will happen..." message is in Japanese, which leads me to beleive i am playing on Japanese servers...

Anyhow, for the guy asking about the Japanese PS3 and how it works in the US, here's what i know so far..

All games work on it, no US ps1 or ps2 games will work, no US DVD, NO US Blueray...all menus are in english, I'm not sure about the PSP remote function, i will try that this weekend and now i'm wondering about which servers the japanese verson is logging onto..thats all i know for now...

US blu-rays don't work on a Japanese PS3???? That's news to me, I thought Japan and USA were in the same blu-ray region (region A).
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 9 of 53 (59 Views)
0 Likes