Sep 17 2012
By: bran180 First Son 1 posts

Japanese - English Translations (Imports)

10 replies 4165 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

I keep seeing so many awesome JRPG and a range of other games being released for the vita in japan, i believe sony should start releasing imports with english tranlsation on the store.

also anyone know of a JRPG i could import with english subtitles?

Message 1 of 11 (4,165 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Japanese - English Translations (Imports)

Sep 17, 2012
Do you realize the massive amounts of text that are featured in some, if not all, JRPGs? Why should it be Sony's responsibility to localize that when the people who'd profit are the companies who made the game in the first place~?

Take XSEED for example, their localizations take a lot of time and in certain cases (like with The Legend of Heroes saga) it's outside their scope. How can you possibly expect Sony to take on the role of translating any JRPG released in Japan~?
Message 2 of 11 (4,163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

I agree with you that Xseed and other company like NISA and Atlus should be in chagre of Localization, It take time to translate something from Japan to US, took a lot of translation skill and choosing the right voice actor for the cast.

Some Japanese Game can be play without any translation at all, Fighting game and Dynasty Warriors Game for an example can be play without any Japanese Speaking Skill. Even in JRPG, some game have English text to make sure you know what you're doing, someone must be very dumb they can't read what is Load Game and Start Game Smiley Sad

But I digress, even if they do localize some of those games, some of those game wouldn't be popular or appeal to American at all Smiley Sad. Reason why Lord of Apocalypse isn't here yet is because while Lord of Arcana have many sell in Japan, it recieve poor sale in the US.

A reasoneble localization should be that of the Monster Hunter series, however, Nintendo OWN the franchise now Smiley Sad

Also, please keep in mind that Japanese Kanji and the way we speak have NOTHING to fo with WALL OF TEXT or Moonspeak, just saying ~

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 3 of 11 (4,151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Sep 18, 2012

bran180 wrote:

I keep seeing so many awesome JRPG and a range of other games being released for the vita in japan, i believe sony should start releasing imports with english tranlsation on the store.

also anyone know of a JRPG i could import with english subtitles?

Not sure if you're only talking about turn based rpgs from japan or are looking for anything  made in japan with rpg elements. Here's a couple that are supposed to be making there way over.

Soul Sacrifice.

Ragnarok Odyssey  has one that is apparently translated, but it's supposed to be out 10/17 in the US. She also has additional videos on her channel of this.

Persona 4 comes out 10/30.

I'd like to see Lords of Apocalypse come to America.

If you haven't played and like games similar to FF Tactics, they you should check out Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention.

Hope this helps and welcome to the PS Vita forums. I think someone **bleep** in Juan's wheaties this morning.Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 11 (4,147 Views)
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Sep 18, 2012
Let's learn Japanese and end of our trouble
Message 5 of 11 (4,127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Not an RPG but I would love to see Earth Defense Force 3 Portable come to the US. I have all but decided to import it.

Message 6 of 11 (4,126 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I have thought this and I think many gamers have. It's Daunting. If Persona 4 Golden had not been announced in the US, it would have nudged further me in that direction.

Message 7 of 11 (4,124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Sep 18, 2012
Tales of Innocence R
Ys Celceta: Sea of trees
I would like to see those games in the US
Message 8 of 11 (4,121 Views)
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Yeah i would too; those are my 2 most wanted vita games. I put it in at sony's suggestion site but I guess it never got appoved because it's not up for people to vote on.

Message 9 of 11 (4,113 Views)
Wastelander
845 posts

Sep 18, 2012

sebyray wrote:
Tales of Innocence R
Ys Celceta: Sea of trees
I would like to see those games in the US

By far my most wanted Vita games at this point...

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 11 (4,110 Views)