Wastelander
922 posts

Re: Japanese Digital Download Prices.

Dec 18, 2011

@CaptainHuggyface I expect Sony wants people to start going the digital route and even if the games are only $5 cheaper and without tax I could save a lot of money overall since I'm buying a large quantity of games.

@SnWnMe I know that the pricing is different in Japan, but I just wanted an idea of how much cheaper Japanese digital games were compared to the physical copies. The original rumor was 40% a couple weeks ago, but I never believed that and expected the range of 5%-15% at most. I will go all digital if the games are $34.99 or lower for digital.

Message 11 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 18, 2011

Well thing is they have said that it is either going to be 40% or 20%. Equal to Japan or more. Due to the fact we wouldn't have to import half the games and digital download. Much cheaper either or, so 40% doesn't seem unlikely.

Message 12 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Dec 18, 2011

40% does seem very unlikely though because 40% of $39.99 brings the total to $23.99, which is a huge discount. Stores aren't going to want to carry games at full price if people are just going to buy them for almost half price on the PSN Store. I think 15% is is a reasonable discount which would bring game prices to 33.99 and no sales tax. However, if they want to give me a 20%-40% discount I'm not going to complain, I just think it's not likely.

Message 13 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 19, 2011

More less they are trying to get people who buy used games to switch over. Since gamestop is making a near 1000% profit on the used game market. Buying games for 15$ new and reselling for 5 dollars less. People are going to buy the used. Gamestop claws in profits while the game companies earn nothing. If they get people to go digital they save hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Message 14 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Dec 19, 2011

Yeah that's another reason I want to go all digital. Don't get me wrong I see nothing wrong with people buying second hand games especially with harder to find titles, but I hate to see corporations like Gamestop take advantage of so many people by ripping them off. The sad part is that other than online, most stores other than Gamestop don't sell the lesser known titles or many titles from companies like Atlus or NIS, so many people will go ahead and go to Gamestop. I'll buy brand new copies from Gamestop just to get rewards points, but I never buy used copies from them because they always come incomplete with missing boxart or ridiculous prices when compared to new.

Message 15 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 19, 2011

Yea. Just waiting for my 10$ off in a couple purchases. Its blasphemy with the rewards. They only give you like 1-2 weeks to pick up/use whatever you chose to spend the points on. Completely forgot about the HDMI cable and they refused to give it to me cause it was 1 day overdue.

Message 16 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Dec 19, 2011

Wow that sucks...they shouldn't have expiration dates on coupons that you spent points on...I currently have 21,000 points on my account, which I plan to use for a $20 PSN card around the time the Vita is released in February.

Message 17 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 19, 2011

I hate you! *licks*

Message 18 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Dec 20, 2011

So far I've preordered First Edition Bundle, Three 32 GB memory cards, portable charger, and vita cradle. I've decided that I'm going to buy 10 $50 PSN cards + $20 PSN card from PowerUpRewards=$520 for week 1-3 purchases since not all launch titles will be out on the 15th. I'll be getting these games:

Escape Plan

Gravity Rush

Hot Shots Golf

Ninja Gaiden Sigma+

MLB 12: The Show

ModNation Racers

Rayman Origins

Touch My Katamari

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Uncharted

Virtua Tennis 4

PSN Titles

Hustle Kings

Motorstorm RC

Sound Shapes

Super Stardust Delta

I will probably be able to get more games than what I have listed for $520, but I went with the assumption that all digital download games were going to be $39.99 ( i know they will be discounted but just to make sure I have enough), and the PSN games would be $14.99. I'll probably get Army Corps of Hell as well, but I'm waiting to hear some reviews about the gameplay because to be honest the game looks like crap for a Vita game.

Message 19 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Dec 20, 2011

With that many purchases you can get multiple games for free from gamestop Smiley Surprised.

Message 20 of 27 (8 Views)
0 Likes