Highlighted
Sep 25 2011
By: yomyhomy Lombax Warrior 158 posts

Japan getting the Vita first is an advantage!

5 replies 27 views Edited Sep 25, 2011

If you guys don't remember, the PSP when it originally launched had a huge problem with its screens pixels, which was fixed a few months later. Being that the Vita will also be in Japan approx 1-2 months before the U.S/ Europe launch, Sony may be able to find and fix the problems that Japan may or may not face with Vitas hardware or even bugs in its software. In my eyes, Japan getting the Vita before the rest of the world is an advantage to me since Japan is  pretty much a beta test of the system. Hopefully by the time the Vita hits U.S/Europe stores many of the problems would be fixed from Japans launch hardware.

Message 1 of 6 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Re: Japan getting the Vita first is an advantage!

Sep 25, 2011

Dude, it was made in japan, so the japanese are getting it first. Nobody should be feeling jealous in the first place. Imagine the psvita was made in the us and the japanese got it first, we would be seriously pisssed. They should be getting it first, Japan isn't a "beta test for the system". Would you think that we would be the "beta testing system" if  it came to america or Europe first?

Message 2 of 6 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Sep 26, 2011

this was a personal view. Obviously it wasn't an actual beta test. I know where it was made and why its getting to them first but isn't it great to research on what problems the system has in personal hands? There may be something wrong with the hardware when it releases so what im saying is for me its a good thing that Japan gets it first and to have 1-2 months for Sony to see if there is any hardware malfunction and iron out the software with firmware updates. Your reply isn't sufficient to what I have said.

Message 3 of 6 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Sep 26, 2011

It is sufficient to what you said, but not to your motive behind saying it. Its true, Japan getting it first helps us to clear up any misunderstandings with the hardware and software and it also helps that they get all of the possible bugs and glitches that will be fixed by the time the US gets it. I never said you were wrong

Message 4 of 6 (27 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 26, 2011

I completely agree. In Japan they are more tolerant of buggy software and hardware than we are. By getting the Vita later, whatever bugs in the manufacturing process would have been worked out, and there would be more software support for the US launch. IMO all Sony's hardware releases should always be in Japan first. This worked out very well for the PS1 & PS2 launch, not so well for the PS3 launch, since Sony tried to launch in Japan and North America in the same time window. The PS3 would have had a better reception with a lower price point on the hardware and better games if it launched in 2007.

Message 5 of 6 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Sep 26, 2011

And that's the reason why I'm not gonna import.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 6 of 6 (27 Views)
0 Likes